It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat either loves or hates ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

The spray bottle with water or a can with change in it. Shake that can and they run like hell. LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

What concerns me is her doing it when no one is around. I can't really spray anything on the couch itself because it would ruin the leather... So I'm considering putting some cinnamon or peppermint essential oils on a small coaster and putting under the corner leg so she will smell it when she sniffs the couch. She doesn't like mint so maybe it will keep her away.... Worth a shot, anyway.

I'm going to add another sisal scratching post a short distance away as an alternative. She loves sisal... Let's hope it is a good compromise, eh?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

The spray bottle with water or a can with change in it. Shake that can and they run like hell. LOL

I like the can idea.... I may do that with the orange menace (my daughter's cat, Lucifer) to keep his ornery @$$ off the table!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

LOL! I have had so many cats through the years and can usually train them not to go where I don't want them to. They will keep trying, but you have to show them who's boss. Of course there's always that one, that will look at you like you must be joking! LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

she is adorable!! the cute kitten photos .. when i look at my babies i am so thankful i took those pictures its hard to fully picture them.. my boy is from a chinese family (they we going to eat him
) just kidding but they sold him to me at six weeks (not 8) he was so little his head was too heavy for his body so he always almost dragged it on floor .. and he never new what glass door is he kept on smashing into them
aahh why i am saying this.. his name is Lucious i wanted lucifer but i changed it.. thank you for sharing you both look sooo super comfy
)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

There's always the cat that says i will do what i want no mater what, for some reason god always graces us with that stereo type yipee....

Are any of your cats lap cats?, my mom always wanted a lap cat for like twenty years but none of them were until 2003 then the next six were all lap cats, we now have six and she's always covered in cat, be careful what you wish for is what i say LOL.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Aww that's so cute your cat loves scratching post's, what size are they, the scratching post's that is?, we have two one that is about two feet and one that is four feet, more like jungle gyms for them more so then scratching posts...

Also you said your one cat is named Lucifer is that really his name LOL, and if say did you name him for his charming personality?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar

There's always the cat that says i will do what i want no mater what, for some reason god always graces us with that stereo type yipee....

Are any of your cats lap cats?, my mom always wanted a lap cat for like twenty years but none of them were until 2003 then the next six were all lap cats, we now have six and she's always covered in cat, be careful what you wish for is what i say LOL.

6 cats? OMG! LOL

Right now I have a love bug of a Siamese cat. All my cats were lap cats except it took some time with one we had rescued. That poor little thing was a beautiful blue eyed deaf cat out in the woods near where my husband and I used to work. It was terrified of people and sounded like a wild cat if you tried to approach her. Man did she hiss and growl. I would spend time with her at first closed off in one room and lay on the floor near her. I didn't try to pet her. I would open the door of the room and flick the light on and off to let her know I was coming. I would use hand motions to show her it's time to eat and place her bowls down.

After a few days I let her roam around the house and watched carefully as we had two other cats and as I figured, she wasn't too thrilled about that. One day as I lay beside her I tried to pet her and she purred. We were the best of friends after that. She went from being a terrified scary wild cat to the most loving, sweet and wonderful kitty. She learned to tolerate the other two cats but never did care for them. They were both elderly and passed away. She too passed away years later.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What a great story!! How sweet.... I'm so glad she found a loving home with you....

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

Yes, that is really his name...and he owns every bit of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't have any cats a lot of my friends do, i am more of a dog person, loved my oreo colored dog in soooo many ways...

My friend had a cute cat though it would chase after this flashlight i had when i would light the flash near the ground.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Who brainwashed my cat?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

OMG...I KNEW IT!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Cats can be really odd like that. It`s like they study you endlessly and know the right time to get your attention because you actually want to do something else. They learn how to get your attention when you don`t want to give them any. It`s a pretty sneaky move if you ask me. They wait until you want to do something which is enjoyable to you. They will get in the way of that knowing full well you will do anything to get them to go away.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That's such a cute story, so after a while she began to warm up to you huh?, how long did it take for her to let you pet her and become calm around humans?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

He owns every part of the name Lucifer huh???, i take it he's a hand full?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar

He owns every part of the name Lucifer huh???, i take it he's a hand full?

The Devil Himself...

(ETA - which is actually a misnomer because Lucifer is NOT the Devil...but you get my point. That's a topic for another thread....)
edit on 21-1-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yea i had a friend that named his cat Satan, i am afraid for the same reason gypsy named hers lucifer LOL.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DersonFed

Funny my friend also had a cat named something to the effect of Satan or Lucifer and he earned the name also, this cat would sit there and watch the TV and if he liked what he saw he would get mad and try psychological tactics to get you to turn the TV back to what ever he was watching, yea i know you say a cat....takes all kinds.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DersonFed
Yea i had a friend that named his cat Satan, i am afraid for the same reason gypsy named hers lucifer LOL.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join