It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put the claim that the aircraft couldn't penetrate the towers to bed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well I've inadvertantly derailed this thread more than I would have liked. I jumped the gun because I couldn't fathom that some people years and years ago thought boeings would just collapse in on themselves against a skyscraper.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Apparently skyscrapers collapse in on themselves against boeings!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well I've inadvertantly derailed this thread more than I would have liked. I jumped the gun because I couldn't fathom that some people years and years ago thought boeings would just collapse in on themselves against a skyscraper.

You haven't derailed the thread it's a pretty valid point you are making but the materials don't make much of a difference. Enough mass and velocity and it doesn't matter what it is it will make a nice hole.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Insolubrious
The kamikaze pilots were flying Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka which were specially designed flying bombs made to penetrate a ships hull and were equiped with explosive warheads! The planes that hit the towers were not (allegedly)

en.wikipedia.org...

The final approach was almost unstoppable because the aircraft gained high speed (650 km/h (400 mph) in level flight and 930 km/h (580 mph) or even 1,000 km/h (620 mph) in a dive)

Later in the war they were. That's not what hit the Hinsdale. I don't think they carried bombs under the wings either.

Correct.
The USS Hinsdale was struck by a Tony ( Kawasaki Ki-61 ).

Just a little factoid from the Hinsdale wikipedia page:

Petty Officer Perry saw the kamikaze plane approaching and cleared the topside of Marines and Sailors thus saving many lives. For his heroism and quick thinking he was given the Type 94, Nambu pistol (SN 58787) the Japanese pilot was carrying.

The fuselage and engine made a 7 foot hole in the hull of the ship and then the bomb mounted on the fuselage exploded.... but the pilot's Nambu pistol survived and was found! I thought it was cool.
edit on b000000312015-12-30T13:44:00-06:0001America/ChicagoWed, 30 Dec 2015 13:44:00 -0600100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So is the Empire State Building, but a much smaller aircraft, a B-25, traveling at a much lower airspeed went all the way through that building and out the other side.

The B-25 impacted on and into the north side, an engine did get through to the south side and out though.
edit on 30-12-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The planes that flew into the towers had hardly any fuel left on them they had traveled so far

They were fueled for a cross country flight. They should have had quite a bit of fuel in them at the time of collision.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Ah quite right, apparently it was a Ki-61 (but not confirmed) which actually carries a payload of 3x 150lb bombs and machine guns. Well i guess the advantage it would have is if it fired it's machine guns at the target area as it went in it could of weakened/preforated the hull enough to help it give way.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Insolubrious
The kamikaze pilots were flying Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka which were specially designed flying bombs made to penetrate a ships hull and were equiped with explosive warheads! The planes that hit the towers were not (allegedly)

en.wikipedia.org...

The final approach was almost unstoppable because the aircraft gained high speed (650 km/h (400 mph) in level flight and 930 km/h (580 mph) or even 1,000 km/h (620 mph) in a dive)

Later in the war they were. That's not what hit the Hinsdale. I don't think they carried bombs under the wings either.

Correct.
The USS Hinsdale was struck by a Tony ( Kawasaki Ki-61 ).

Just a little factoid from the Hinsdale wikipedia page:

Petty Officer Perry saw the kamikaze plane approaching and cleared the topside of Marines and Sailors thus saving many lives. For his heroism and quick thinking he was given the Type 94, Nambu pistol (SN 58787) the Japanese pilot was carrying.

The fuselage and engine made a 7 foot hole in the hull of the ship and then the bomb mounted on the fuselage exploded.... but the pilot's Nambu pistol survived and was found! I thought it was cool.

I thought I was about to read some kind of decoration there
nope, just an old burned pistol ha.
edit on 4811642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Perhaps the wood had a metal tip that broke off after it had penetrated the concrete?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I'm not sure whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me .

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

The planes that flew into the towers had hardly any fuel left on them they had traveled so far. So still a mystery what brought towers down.

Sorry but their tanks were mostly full as they had just taken off.
Check your time line for the event.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
As I understand it the towers were designed so that a plane could penetrate them but not fall down as a result.

They didn't consider an intentional crash at such high speed with a larger plane filed with fuel. Lot of things weren't 'considered'. Some others were compromised.

What we saw was plane enter one side and come out other. Which is fine but wouldn't be cause of collapse otherwise they would have collapsed right away not an hour later.

You forgot about the fires burning steady during that hour.

The planes that flew into the towers had hardly any fuel left on them they had traveled so far. So still a mystery what brought towers down.

"Hardly any fuel"? They were fueled for a cross contrary trip.

I'm with explosive of some kind.

So am I. The impact, fireballs and subsequent fires aren't explosive enough?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its obvious that the planes went into the buildings.

If they had broken apart and "bounced" off of the building in chunks then they wouldn't have been able to find the passports that survived the explosions and landed safely at the base of the towers.

If the plane had "bounced" off, the passports would probably have been down the block a ways, closer to the bodega on the corner.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Or maybe you could be honest and say you didnt read the title, tried to force your agenda and it's not working out the way you want.

Again the OP posted about the claim of planes not being able to penetrate the The Towers and not about hitting the Pentagon or things collapsing into themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AA 11, a Boeing 767-223ER, was flying American Airlines' daily scheduled morning transcontinental service from Logan International Airport, in Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles International Airport, in Los Angeles, California.

United Airlines Flight 175 was a scheduled domestic passenger flight from Logan International Airport, in Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles International Airport, in Los Angeles, California

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

but the pilot's Nambu pistol survived and was found! I thought it was cool.

But did his passport survive?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
a reply to: butcherguy

but the pilot's Nambu pistol survived and was found! I thought it was cool.

But did his passport survive?

Well now, that's why I added that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join