It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put the claim that the aircraft couldn't penetrate the towers to bed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is an old argument that the Boeing aircraft couldn't put a hole through the steel frame of the building. Let's have a look at the history books.

In the above picture we can see where a single Kamikaze aircraft was crashed straight through the side plating of the USS Hinsdale in 1945. It went on piercing right through the engine room where one of the bombs detonated inside the ship. It was double layered steel.

Also in 1945 another kamikaze hit the USS Enterprise. It smashed through the top deck and carried on through another five decks inside the ship. The explosion sent an aircraft elevator flying through the air. That's not just inches of steel. That's a few ft.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

But the pentagon is made of concrete.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So is the Empire State Building, but a much smaller aircraft, a B-25, traveling at a much lower airspeed went all the way through that building and out the other side.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Title of the thread is "Let's put the claim that the aircraft couldn't penetrate the towers to bed." so I am not sure why the Pentagon is relevant to this thread?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't recall anyone ever saying that jumbo jets couldn't penetrate a steel frame. I just assumed it was about the pentagon. #Scraping the barrel debunk

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So is this kerb stone. That's a piece of wood driven through it by a tornado.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's a completely different structure. The pentagon is low and solid with several feet of concrete walls as opposed to the empire state... I digress. Which clown truther/shill ever said Boeings couldn't penetrate steel structured highrises?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

There used to be many arguments that the planes should have hit the buildings and stopped, because aluminum is lighter than steel.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's still concrete. The Pentagon walls were thinner than the Empire State Building walls.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The kamikaze pilots were flying Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka which were specially designed flying bombs made to penetrate a ships hull and were equiped with explosive warheads! The planes that hit the towers were not (allegedly)

en.wikipedia.org...

The final approach was almost unstoppable because the aircraft gained high speed (650 km/h (400 mph) in level flight and 930 km/h (580 mph) or even 1,000 km/h (620 mph) in a dive)

edit on 30-12-2015 by Insolubrious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So is the Empire State Building, but a much smaller aircraft, a B-25, traveling at a much lower airspeed went all the way through that building and out the other side.

Sidenote...: Did it collapse in it's own footprint?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dear me. Do people still think 911 was a hologram? The more time that passes, the more likely the plausible explanation stands due to a crumbling conspiracy i.e. death bed confessions of one of the thousands who would be involved in an alternative.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I always laugh at the posters that thought the planes should have bounced off.

I still laugh at them. Basic physic 101.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't recall anyone ever saying that jumbo jets couldn't penetrate a steel frame. I just assumed it was about the pentagon. #Scraping the barrel debunk

Makes sense..So what you posted has nothing to do with this thread then.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Very impressive. However, there is no context as to the size and mass of that piece of wood in camparrison to the slab of curb. The Pentagon is a little larger than a curb stone.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So what? The hull of the airliner was made of aluminum. Three rings of the pentagon were penetrated, double walled reinforced concrete plus interior columns.

Point is velocity, mass and momentum matter more than what materials are constructed of.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And a 757 is a little bigger than that piece of wood. There is no way a concrete wall is going to stop an object as big as a 757 hitting it. Especially as thin as the Pentagon walls are.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Apparently not, sorry. I got the wrong end of the stick.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As I understand it the towers were designed so that a plane could penetrate them but not fall down as a result.

What we saw was plane enter one side and come out other. Which is fine but wouldn't be cause of collapse otherwise they would have collapsed right away not an hour later.

The planes that flew into the towers had hardly any fuel left on them they had traveled so far. So still a mystery what brought towers down.

I'm with explosive of some kind.
edit on b181151812 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insolubrious
The kamikaze pilots were flying Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka which were specially designed flying bombs made to penetrate a ships hull and were equiped with explosive warheads! The planes that hit the towers were not (allegedly)

en.wikipedia.org...

The final approach was almost unstoppable because the aircraft gained high speed (650 km/h (400 mph) in level flight and 930 km/h (580 mph) or even 1,000 km/h (620 mph) in a dive)

Later in the war they were. That's not what hit the Hinsdale. I don't think they carried bombs under the wings either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join