It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have such little faith in people as a whole...I'd probably die from a heart attack

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Me, too.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Teen aged girls are DEFINITELY self conscious over their bodies. I truly feel that this was an excellent and succinct point made by these students. Hell, even as a male, I was horrified at the idea of changing in the locker room with other boys.

I see no issues with a Transgender walking around naked in the female locker room with an uncontrolled hard on. It will take a true unisex world to get past this, and I do not see that happening for a while.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Teen aged girls are DEFINITELY self conscious over their bodies. I truly feel that this was an excellent and succinct point made by these students. Hell, even as a male, I was horrified at the idea of changing in the locker room with other boys.

I see no issues with a Transgender walking around naked in the female locker room with an uncontrolled hard on. It will take a true unisex world to get past this, and I do not see that happening for a while.

You're assuming that the trans* woman is also a Lesbian?

Why don't we simply have no one having to walk around naked (in whatever state) in front of others unless they choose?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't think it would have to cost that much to add partitions to a locker room....really.

I sold to several companies that manufacture these stalls and they are not cheap at all. A two-three stall set up runs into the thousands with labor installation.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Honestly, I don't think it would have to cost that much to add partitions to a locker room....really.

I sold to several companies that manufacture these stalls and they are not cheap at all. A two-three stall set up runs into the thousands with labor installation.

What does that have to do with anything?

We have to keep teenaged girls safe from any embarrassment ... don't we, a la the OP?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Why don't we simply have no one having to walk around naked (in whatever state) in front of others unless they choose?

No I'm assuming that a 16 year old gets about 50 hardons a day with no sexual thought in the process. I guess they can shower in bathing suits lol...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was just responding to the poster who thought these partitions are inexpensive. They are not.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No I'm assuming that a 16 year old gets about 50 hardons a day with no sexual thought in the process. I guess they can shower in bathing suits lol...

Why should they have to?

Create private spaces for showering, using the bathroom, dressing, etc.

Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

I was just responding to the poster who thought these partitions are inexpensive. They are not.

It would depend on the construction, but, given current facilities, the alterations would be expensive.

But ... I say, let's leave barbarism behind.

Privacy as the new standard (and bidets.)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It would depend on the construction, but, given current facilities, the alterations would be expensive.

If they were to be used in a wet environment they would be fairly expensive. The typical ones you see in a bathroom without showers are laminated press board. A wet location would require a different and more costly material.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Why should they have to?

Problem solved.

Wow that was easy just redesign all the bathrooms in every school, BAM!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ugh! This is such a complicated situation made even worse by a poor understanding of transgender people and particularly trans children.

"Student A", socially transitioned in grade school and has been on estrogen therapy so we're talking breast development and curves. Emotionally and psychologically, Student A is a girl and not a boy pretending or playing dress up. Privacy curtains have been installed for Student A so other girls are unable to see her physical incongruities.

Lets look at it from another perspective. Take a natal female that is known as, looks like, acts like and has been living as a boy for years, is on puberty blockers, never developed breasts or had a period and is now on testosterone, has a muscular build, deepened voice and maybe even facial hair. Let's call him Student B.

Are the girls uncomfortable with Student A because she has male genitalia going to be all cool and groovy with Student B because he has a vagina? I'd imagine they'd be even less happy sharing their facilities with this dude.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why should they have to?

Problem solved.

Wow that was easy just redesign all the bathrooms in every school, BAM!

At least that's a solution rather than just carping about what can't be done ... to address the concerns of the OP for distressed teenaged ladies?

(And not what I suggested ... as I have made no specific suggestions ... but who cares when you're merely sniping, eh?)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If they were to be used in a wet environment they would be fairly expensive. The typical ones you see in a bathroom without showers are laminated press board. A wet location would require a different and more costly material.

Yes, I understand that. But, privacy you know.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

(And not what I suggested ... as I have made no specific suggestions ... but who cares when you're merely sniping, eh?)

"Create private spaces for showering, using the bathroom, dressing, etc."

Problem solved.

I'm not sure how to do this then redesign the bathrooms to be private.. or do only Transgenders get private bathrooms?

I'm only snippy because you said "Problem solved" like it was only just a quick decision to be made, but I can tell you schools are not prepared monetary wise to do this.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sorry if my nomenclature offends you.

Why can't everyone have privacy then? The concerns about trans* folks all resolve around preserving privacy ... so let's actually provide some, instead of using that as an excuse?

Or else, explain why the feelings of the six teenagers in the OP are more important than the trans* or gay persons who are always expected to adjust ...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why can't everyone have privacy then? The concerns about trans* folks all resolve around preserving privacy ... so let's actually provide some, instead of using that as an excuse?

Or else, explain why the feelings of the six teenagers in the OP are more important than the trans* or gay persons who are always expected to adjust ...

No I agree but it would take redesign of all the bathrooms in our schools, how else are we going to do it? As to your second part that is a tough question. Do 100 people adjust to 1 or does 1 adjust to 100 people, I do not know the answer, but as I said our schools are not prepared to do what is needed.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It's not a numbers game. There's no way that can be equitable.

People either have privacy in showers, bathrooms, changing rooms, and other similar areas ... or they don't.

Someone's personal feelings about who can see them either matters (as was being lauded in the OP) ... or it doesn't.

If it does, then we provide privacy in such situations, and apparently security is also needed.

Whatever the cost is ... is just the "cost of doing business" ...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No I agree but it would take redesign of all the bathrooms in our schools
No. Not really. Curtains provide plenty of privacy and involve very little in the way of design. But problem is more complex than that, legally.

bigstory.ap.org...

I don't blame the girls for feeling the way they do, btw.
edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join