It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So we tell the morons they are wonderful people for being hateful and obnoxious?

Nobody said to tell them they are wonderful people.

What I said was to argue on merits and take the higher moral ground by keeping personal attacks out of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: Freija

As far as the OP goes it find it extremely hypocritical that leftist, atheist, and GLBTQ groups try to push the narrative that religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse but confusing the hell out of a kid to further a political/social agenda is exactly that a form of child abuse. These parents should be locked up for condoning and supporting this pseudo-scientific agenda laden garbage.

The situations couldn't be more different. The kid doesn't say, "I want to be religiously indoctrinated". The kid DOES say, "I may look like a boy, but I'm not." HUGE difference. One is forcing something on a kid who didn't ask for it, and the other is allowing the kid to be who they want to be.

Parents who try to beat their child into submission (mentally and physically) to be the gender they know they are not, causing emotional distress and thoughts (and actual acts) of suicide, are the parents who should be locked up.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: kaylaluv

So we tell the morons they are wonderful people for being hateful and obnoxious?

Nobody said to tell them they are wonderful people.

What I said was to argue on merits and take the higher moral ground by keeping personal attacks out of it.

Excuse me, but you don't think that strategy was tried? Again and again and again and again and again. Like I said, lost cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
One must question the wisdom of permitting a child to decide its future at so young an age.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Every society from time immemorial has been damned by their progeny, ours is no different.

I may be a relic, but so will you all.

As for Bob Dylan, that song was written by a boomer for the boomers.

Are they still considered to be "with it, man"? Lastly, a song for you.

Or perhaps this time is something special, the end of history. We shall be happy and gay rejoicing our progress until the end of days.
edit on 7-12-2015 by VictoriaCromwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
One must question the wisdom of permitting a child to decide its future at so young an age.

At 6 years old, no surgery is performed, no irreversible drugs are taken, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How about the wisdom of keeping a child from being suicidal? Does that work for ya?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

Do you ever post about any other issue? In the other transgender threads you claim that you are not transgender but your post history is starting to say otherwise. What is funny is that you would lie about it. Are you a shill? Do you work for some organization to promote transgender issues? One trick pony here. What is your goal with starting this thread considering the last few threads on the issue? Your bias is starting to show and it just cast suspicion on the information you post. So what do you think will be different about this thread? Because it involves a child? Yeah that will really get these old fossils who disagree to come around.....

As far as the OP goes it find it extremely hypocritical that leftist, atheist, and GLBTQ groups try to push the narrative that religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse but confusing the hell out of a kid to further a political/social agenda is exactly that a form of child abuse. These parents should be locked up for condoning and supporting this pseudo-scientific agenda laden garbage.

Damn Santa, you're late! You're absolutely right though. As a transgender friend, advocate and ally, I am completely and totally biased, unabashedly so. What's your motivation for also posting in every transgender thread? No, I am not part of some organization, shill or member of the GLBTQwtf community. I'm just me, one single old lady who happens to have a science and research based knowledge of this stuff and a particular empathy for trans kids and their families that would really like to spread some awareness and understanding of these things. I've tried to present things without name calling in an informative way and in most cases, the opinions I have expressed are in alignment with the current medical and scientific consensus.

Since you're late and to maybe save you some time, let's review what has been said so far about transgender people, trans kids and their parents:

It's immoral
It's criminal
People are playing god
Trans people are fruitcakes
The whole thing is disgusting
Parents should go to prison
He/Him pronouns used to refer to a girl
It is caused by trauma/abuse
It is insane
It is idotic
Transgenders [sic] are just an idea
That it's all PC rubbish
We're heinously mutilating children
Kids are too stupid/too young to know what gender they are
And some posters went to the zoo and became lesbian monkeys

I'm sure I have forgotten some.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Every society from time immemorial has been damned by their progeny, ours is no different.

So the truth comes out. You think that our advances in civil rights are ways in which a younger generation had damned the older. "Goddam kids thinking the colors can use our fountains... they are damning us" or "Goddam kids thinking women can vote... they are damning us". Each and every time, they were wrong about their positions and not wanting to expand their focus beyond what they were raised with.

And that also ignores the fact that people in your own generation also disagree with you. Because of this, I have stopped allowing people to use their old age as an excuse for ignorance or refusal to try not being such a curmudgeon. I used to think progress delayed was always the fault of previous generations but I've come to realize that the staunchest allies of any discriminated-against demographic are often older folks who had to live with all that bs when it was at its worse.

So no, your age and the age of the next generation is no excuse. Stop leaning on "old dog, new tricks" cliches to exonerate you from taking an objective look at things and listening to those whose experience in the subject matter are more expansive than your own.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I knew when I was a child. And I consider it child-abuse that we are forced to live in the wrong gender. I was a boy that was forced to be in an all-girls kindergarten class. THAT will screw you up for life!

Let kids grow up the way they want to grow up.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Since you're late and to maybe save you some time, let's review what has been said so far about transgender people, trans kids and their parents:

It's immoral
It's criminal
People are playing god
Trans people are fruitcakes
The whole thing is disgusting
Parents should go to prison
He/Him pronouns used to refer to a girl
It is caused by trauma/abuse
It is insane
It is idotic
Transgenders [sic] are just an idea
That it's all PC rubbish
We're heinously mutilating children
Kids are too stupid/too young to know what gender they are
And some posters went to the zoo and became lesbian monkeys

I'm sure I have forgotten some.

And they say we're not taking the high road....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Being a transgender is an idea. It is a new idea that came about from people being given too much freedom to be what they want to be. Self-actualize? Let's see if she survives and if as an adult she is able to provide for shelter, food and water. This is NOT self-actualization. Why deny? Because she is a child who can not know what she wants at this time and because she is unaware of the consequences and is thereby in my opinion unfit for such a decision legally.

I'm with you it's just bizarre...I'm all for adults deciding who they want to be, but what 6 yr old can make that kind of life long decision?
can't the parents just support the child as they grow and help them decide later? I don't get it at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
This is absolutely disgusting, that kids parents need to be sent to prison and the child put into protective custody.

This world has finally gone to complete and utter #..

Honestly, I knew I liked women when I was in kindergarten, my first crush was in K1. Here I am at 29, still loving women, nothing changed. So if this boy likes other boys and identifies as a girl, transitioning young has true benefits that cannot be obtained when you transition at 20 -- so you propose that the parents are awful and disgusting because they'd rather a smooth transition, rather than the awkward abuse train that teens and post 20's have to go through to transition? Being a social pariah their whole life, when if he/she starts the transition before puberty can actually skip the entire social pariah phase that 99.9% of trans-gendered or homosexual people go through? How on earth does that make them bad parents? It makes them parents of the year. They are catching it early and supporting it, rather than demonizing it and putting their child through abuse.

Are you trying to say you didn't know what your sexual orientation was until you were 20?

How is abuse better than support? That's the simplest question you need to answer. More over, how does someone's sexual orientation affect anyone that ISN'T THAT PERSON. News flash, it doesn't. Stop imposing your wills and wants onto other people. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean the world is ending.

Now if you want an example of the world going to hell in a handbasket, all you have to do is look at the unjustified police gang murdering innocent people, or even people who are guilty, but don't deserve death. Take a look at how many people don't even know what political party Obama represents -- or even, how soft people are now, you know... where they can't even accept anger as an emotion -- where if someone is angry, they should just be ignored or treated as if they deserved what ever made them angry, simply because they became angry AFTER the fact.

Look at how people treat the homeless, look at how people become homeless, look at people who are doing ridiculous things like upmarking Daraprim from 99 cents a pill to 750 dollars a pill. These are examples of the world going to hell in a hand basket -- not a little homosexual boy identifying as a female -- that has no impact on ANYONE besides the boy in question.
edit on 7-12-2015 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

At 6 years old, no surgery is performed, no irreversible drugs are taken, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How about the wisdom of keeping a child from being suicidal? Does that work for ya?

I was not rude. Why must you be so?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

The 6 yr old isn't making a life long decision yet; the parents ARE supporting the child as they grow to help them decide later. Again, no surgery is being performed at age 6 and no irreversible drugs are given to the 6-year-old.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I was not rude. Why must you be so?

How was I rude? Did I call you a name? I reminded you of the facts and asked you to consider the wisdom of keeping a child alive. Is it because I used the word "ya" instead of "you"? I was trying to be Sarah Palin-ish. Too much? Sorry.
edit on 7-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It is silly to view every current issue through the lens of the twentieth century.

Your struggle has nothing to do with their struggle, it is not some continuation of the civil rights movement or suffrage. If so only in method.

I mention the boomers because, they thought they were beyond reproach for the good they had done, so did every generation before them. The generation that preceded them was seen as wonderful and correct and right once as well. And on, and on, and on, and on the wheel turns.

The future shall arrive for you as well one day.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Site is glitchy.
edit on 7-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So so sad. I hope this child survives whatever is done to him and becomes well-adjusted and happy in wherever Life takes him. I'm sure his parents mean well and just want him to be happy and free from his severe dysphoria. The others just want to rally around them and this child who will be changed forever to make them feel okay about it all.

I have read a lot about types of dysphoria recently, and the anxiety and depression mentioned in the OP regarding this child jumped out at me. It reminded me of the lady that believed she was really a blind person in a sighted body. She became so anxious and depressed that they finally surgically blinded her to relieve her dysphoria, and now she lives as a happy blind person. There are many stories out there like this.

In her story, she said her dysphoria began when she wasn't much bigger than a toddler.

What is happening to some of these children at that early stage of their little life that causes so much distress to their natural identity? I don't know, but I think some serious research needs to be done about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It is illegal to tattoo a child for several reasons but primarily because they don't have the wisdom or experience to make such permanent decisions about their life but it is OK to give them hormones, send them to psychologist/psychiatrist who do no internal testing once so ever and confuse them about their identity when they cant even write their name properly.

There is no "proof" or evidence being offered that this was a natural assertion for this child and children like them. We just have parents and authority figures (HA!) that speak for this person because the child inst nuanced enough to know anything other than what the adults are telling them . One side says that children don't have a choice in religion meanwhile they offer no evidence that this is not a matter of coaching or outside influences.

I mean its not like they created cartoons or books with a transgender protagonist to confuse children or anything...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell
a reply to: Abysha
The future shall arrive for you as well one day.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls.

My spouse and I have talked about this. If we ever get to a point in our lives where we no longer have the energy, drive, or capacity to keep up with new discoveries or social advances, we will politely step aside.

I know there will be some shocking things presented by the younger generation that will make my head spin but I also know that I won't hold them back. We have gotten better as a society with each generation these past couple of centuries. Why would I assume the trend stops at me just because I don't understand the world anymore?

And, for proof of this, just look at the many advocates for equality out there who are in the same generation as you are. Again, age is no excuse for this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join