It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: VictoriaCromwell

Some day you will die, and your great-grand children will wonder what the big deal was with hating transgender people in great-grandad's day.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, your kind will be seen for their viciousness torwards these poor insane little children. If history is good and just.

You allow, no, encourage these poor souls to do this to themselves, so you and other good liberals can have something progressive to discuss in the coffee shops.

Children are prostituted to the cause of progress, many losing their lives in the process.

Like everyone in history (yes everyone), you act and think assuming you are good, moral, and just. How many were right, and how many wrong?

We shall see.

edit on 7-12-2015 by VictoriaCromwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You sound bitter that the times are changing and you don't agree with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You sound bitter that the times are changing and you don't agree with it.

Yep. Just like the folks who didn't want equality for blacks were bitter, just like the folks who were against interracial marriages were bitter, just like the folks who didn't want women to get the vote were bitter, just like folks who didn't want marriage equality for gays are bitter.

Too bad, so sad, time marches on.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, the times have already changed, in polite society you are boor these days if you disagree with any of the modern stances on transgender issues.

So it is indeed not a liberal stance to stand up for transgendered people, you wish to conserve what you have. By nature that actually makes it a conservative position.

Every establishment has thought themselves invulnerable to the march of time.

You will never include yourselves in this as it is a tool to demoralize those that disagree with you, this idea that you are unstoppable.

I say the invisible hand of progress shall continue to move...

Can you hold onto it?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell

No, the times have already changed, in polite society you are boor these days if you disagree with any of the modern stances on transgender issues.

So it is indeed not a liberal stance to stand up for transgendered people, you wish to conserve what you have. By nature that actually makes it a conservative position.

If you say so... I really have no compunctions about what political affiliation you want to call me. I've been called a conservative derisively before as well as a liberal derisively. I think I can survive whatever you want to label me politically.

Every establishment has thought themselves invulnerable to the march of time.

You will never include yourselves in this as it is a tool to demoralize those that disagree with you, this idea that you are unstoppable.

I say the invisible hand of progress shall continue to move...

Can you hold onto it?

Sure. I'm not the one bitter about the times changing.

edit on 7-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Freija

Here's a fact for you-Young children were once dressed unisex. Did that turn Jacks into Jills or vice versa?

Let kids be kids, why force a sexual identity on a child when the have no concept of gender let alone sexual orientation? If a boy wants to play with cabbage patch dolls instead of nerf guns then that's the childs choice and not the parents. The poor kid is probably wondering 'what does transgender mean?'

I can't help but think that some shrinks are enabling this neo Freudian BS. Let kids be kids!

Again, we have a case of insufficient knowledge or experience with transgender children driving opinion. Your first point about dressing kids unisex actually helps to drive home a point. Did this make children question their gender or not grow up to be boys/men and girls/women? No because a person's sense of being one or the other is kind of a built-in thing that happens naturally and organically. For gender dysphoric children, their gender also happens naturally and organically but just happens to not match what physical body they are in. This can be mildly annoying or it can be tragically intense and miserable. For the true trans kids, their sense of being one or the other is not confused to them. Often they're more sure of themselves in that respect than other children.

Parents are not forcing a gender identity on kids. It is kids forcing what they are on parents or trying damn hard to get them to understand. Gender also has nothing to do with sexuality or sexual orientation nor is it a matter of playing with Barbies or playing with trucks. If that were the case, all tomboy girls would grow up to be men.

The concept of having the wrong gender just doesn't compute for most people. It doesn't make sense, defies logic and defies everything we've always believed to be hard and fast facts. Separating gender, sex and sexual orientation is difficult if you've never had to think about it or think how it might be possible that for some, they aren't all in sync. Matters of the mind, heart and soul don't always make sense nor do the hard and fast facts always apply when we're talking about the diversity of the human psyche, psychology and personality.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Our trans members (yes, n00bs, we have them) have tried to shed light on this before from their personal perspective. They had to deal with the feigned pleasantries and hate from the members who were, to use exactly the right phrase "genital-less wonders" through & through. For people who draw their sense of masculinity or femininity from their crotch, they didn't think much about what quantifies a person as who they are. Rant, insult, devalue is the name of the game.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well said.

I don't know anything about the family , the case, or the doctors involved but like you I find the age a bit odd. It would appear to me that at 6 would be fairly young to identify with your sexuality or to young to do drastic changes that can alter your future.

Transgenders don't have an easy life and they have an extremely high suicide rate. Regardless if the blame is put on society for those statistics, it still does not change those facts and that is something I would not encourage my child to pursue at the age of 6.

I'm not wearing that families shoes while walking a mile , but it appears to be a bit extreme at the age of 6. I hope them and that child the best.

Also I wonder how many of these young cases are being pushed along by the parents for attention as in a form of munchausen

Do we have symptoms to identify a child as a trans gender , gay, or straight at 6 ?

edit on 261231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 09:26:47 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It's not as easy as the kid saying, "I'm really a girl" once or twice. Consistent persistence is the key. The transgender people on ATS described their personal experiences, and they talked about the YEARS of therapy before even puberty blockers and hormones were used. Then there are more YEARS of therapy before sexual reassignment surgery at 18.

The professional therapists recommend that while the child is in therapy, to go along with their insistence that they are another gender. It's actually healthier for them then to try to beat them into submission (physically or mentally).
edit on 7-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I sometimes wonder if over therapy could be worse than not getting therapy in some cases?

If it is not easy in diagnosing or identifying symptoms at that age perhaps its better to wait till they are older to get treatment?

Are the child and parents encouraged to reinstate that no you are not a girl because of your Anatomy at any point of treatment?

edit on 471231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 09:47:53 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Kids can be more understanding than teens or adults. So for the childs sake it would probly be best to start therapy and help them with the transition early on rather then later.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But we see so many times when transgender kids go through puberty, they are sad and even horrified at the changes to their body, and by then, it's too late. The damage has been done, and the transitioning will never be 100% successful.

Jade, the transgender female studying to be an astrophysicist, was on ATS relaying her story. She said her conservative parents fought her tooth and nail when she insisted she was a girl. She finally told them that she did not want to live if she had to go through puberty (and she MEANT it). That scared them enough to get her in therapy. Through the therapy, she and her parents dealt with the situation with patience and love. She had the surgery at 18, and is now a very happy, healthy and successful college student. She has a great relationship with her parents now, but they genuinely regret the years they fought her because they now know how miserable they made her.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This is really a problem that is going to be hard for so many in America to understand until they live it themselves by knowing someone going through these issues. People don't like to think about things outside of their comfort zone.

Have you noticed that Jade isn't with us anymore? Because I noticed that a while ago.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yes, she was run off by the narrow-minded morons on this site. She just got tired of dealing with it. Too bad. She is a brilliant girl who posted some great science threads.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Kids can be more understanding than teens or adults. So for the childs sake it would probly be best to start therapy and help them with the transition early on rather then later.

I truly hope for the best for them and their family. It sounds like a very difficult thing to go through without any easy decisions to make on life altering events.

I understand your point and the advantage to getting treatment for most things early on, but I have a hard time grasping that a 6 year old can comprehend being a homosexual , heterosexual , or trans gender.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I mean can you blame her? Just look at page 1 of this thread, that isn't an attitude that is exactly open and accepting of people like her.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It wasnt a she it was a he, very big difference, and he didnt mind dishing it out but god forbid you hurt his poor little feelings..

link   
Whether you believe it is a mental issue or not, these folks are functioning members of our society, which we share. The content of their character is all we need for determining worth, and referring to your feelings and your bibles in this regard is dangerous nonsense.

link   
hmmmm........monkey?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join