It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Issues Finally Gain Recognition On Capitol Hill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Wouldn't those just be crimes? I mean regardless of who they happened to they are just crimes. Again special treatment. The homicides in the last link are the same type of crap the OP was shoveling. They live a high risk lifestyle such as being sex workers. They also are involved in domestic violence but of course its all just discrimination...

Here is an example from your source :

Tamara Dominguez was run over multiple times and left to die on a Kansas City street. Police said the most recent victim, Zella Ziona, was fatally shot in Gaithersburg, Maryland, last month by a boyfriend embarrassed that Ziona showed up in the presence of some of his other friends.

How is that a hate crime? If anything its a gay on gay incident. Sounds like domestic violence but then that wouldn't fit the persecution complex.
edit on 23-11-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

Your comparisons never make any sense.

You read stuff into them that's not there.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Im talking about the Zella Ziona story. The one being talked about as a hate crime but is clearly not since the perpetrator was engaging in a homosexual relationship with the victim. You know the one you purposely skipped to try to avoid the fact that they are using false information to push their political agenda.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

First it's not "Gay on Gay" because Sexual Orientation and Gender-Identity are separate, She as a Trans Woman was not "Gay"

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Care to explain? It didn't say if she was pre or post op so I guess this is speculation on your part or more confusing terminology?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im talking about the Zella Ziona story. The one being talked about as a hate crime but is clearly not since the perpetrator was engaging in a homosexual relationship with the victim. You know the one you purposely skipped to try to avoid the fact that they are using false information to push their political agenda.

As I previously stated --- you read stuff into stories that's not there.

It would not be a homosexual relations if there was one (nothing indicates there was), she is transgender not homosexual.

Montgomery State’s Attorney John McCarthy, the top prosecutor in the county, said his office and detectives are looking into whether LeBlond acted solely on a bias linked to gender identity or sexual orientation, or whether the crime had more to do with his relationship with the victim. “As part of the investigation, we’re looking into the existing relationship between these two individuals to determine what the motive was,” he said. Detectives continue to speak with witnesses and consult with prosecutors about any additional charges, Manger said. “This was a horrific crime,” he added. “It’s clear to us this was an absolutely premeditated murder,” said Capt. Darren Francke, commander of Montgomery’s major crimes division. “LeBlond sought out the victim and killed her.” www.washingtonpost.com... 0_story.html

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If a preop male transexual is in a relationship with a man that is not a homosexual relationship? The amount of mental gymnastics needed to maintain your view is unreal. This is why the majority of people are starting to see through this deceptive social engineering and double think.

As for what you posted where does it state this is a hate crime? Anyways my first point clearly shows this as a form of intercommunity violence at best.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If a preop male transexual is in a relationship with a man that is not a homosexual relationship?

Transexual? She is Transgender.

No. It's not. Surgery is an available option, not a requirement.

The amount of mental gymnastics needed to maintain your view is unreal. This is why the majority of people are starting to see through this deceptive social engineering and double think.

Explain.

As for what you posted where does it state this is a hate crime?

I never said it was a hate crime.

However, the investigators are leaving that option open.

Anyways my first point clearly shows this as a form of intercommunity violence at best.

You mean they knew each other?

And . . .

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whatever more smoke and mirrors. Transgender or transexual if he had male anatomy and was in a sexual relationship with a man for all intents and purposes it is a homosexual relationship. You can brand it a different type of homosexual relationship if you want I dont care.

What do you mean they knew each other? It says in the article he was the victims boyfriend and he was upset that the victim showed up around some of his friends apparently unwanted or uninvited.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Transgender or transexual if he had male anatomy and was in a sexual relationship with a man for all intents and purposes it is a homosexual relationship.

Wrong.

It says in the article he was the victims boyfriend and he was upset that the victim showed up around some of his friends apparently unwanted or uninvited.

Please repost link to article that states he was her boyfriend.

I have read at least 10 different articles on this story. None provide any indication that they had an intimate relationship.

Could their be a "rag" that sensationalizes this story? Of course. But, unless they can back it up with facts --- it's just sensationalizing.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Homicides of transgender individuals in U.S. reach alarming high The headline is sensationalizing right from the start. Alarming? High? really because it says 22 people. That is surprisingly low almost negligible in the context of "high". Then after you get near the end of the article it says that :

There’s no question that anti-transgender hatred has fueled many of the killings, yet activists and social-service professionals say there are multiple factors that make transgender women of color vulnerable. They have documented that numerous victims were killed by intimate partners, and many were murdered while engaging in prostitution. “For many of these women, it’s chronic unemployment or participation in survival sex work,” said Louis Graham, a professor of community health education at the University of Massachusetts who has studied the experiences of black transgender women. Many are beset by homelessness and economic desperation, sometimes ending out in coercive and violent relationships, Graham said.

So in other words there is no question that "anti-transgender hatred has fueled many of the killings" yet they say "They have documented that numerous victims were killed by intimate partners, and many were murdered while engaging in prostitution. "

So which is it?

5th paragraph from the linked rag (LGBTQ Nation)

Zella Ziona, was fatally shot in Gaithersburg, Maryland, last month by a boyfriend embarrassed that Ziona showed up in the presence of some of his other friends.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Whatever. I usually do my own research. Threw in some shorthand. Was late getting kid to dance class.

I need the actual link.

--------------

Never mind. Found it.

Again, you're trying to take a little snippet, embellish it, and make it fit.

It's from an Op-Ed piece by David Crary, associated press ---- guest contributor: Homicides of transgender individuals in U.S. reach alarming high: www.lgbtqnation.com...

Bio of David Crary

David Crary's Bio David Crary has been a reporter, editor and bureau chief with The Associated Press since 1976. Since 1999, he has been an AP national writer based in New York, primarily writing feature stories about volatile social issues _ abortion, gay rights, prison conditions, divorce and domestic violence, among others.

Crary joined the AP in Mississippi, later worked in Colorado and on the AP's international desk in New York, then covered East Africa and Southern Africa from 1985-1990 from bases in Nairobi, Kenya, and Johannesburg, South Africa. His assignments in Africa included the Ethiopian famine, the uprising against apartheid and Nelson Mandela's release from prison. muckrack.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I've been meaning to ask you this question. since you are pro Discrimination and you obviously think that GLBTQ+ people only want "Special Privileges" and we deserve to be discriminated because we "parade" our Sexual Orientation and Gender-Identity and flaunt it in peoples faces...

Are you Ok with Religion and Religious people getting "Special Privileges" like they do now?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Whatever more smoke and mirrors. Transgender or transexual if he had male anatomy and was in a sexual relationship with a man for all intents and purposes it is a homosexual relationship. You can brand it a different type of homosexual relationship if you want I dont care.

What do you mean they knew each other? It says in the article he was the victims boyfriend and he was upset that the victim showed up around some of his friends apparently unwanted or uninvited.

Is your sexuality so myopic that you only see people as giant penises and vaginas? Do all of your sexual encounters occur through glory holes in gas stations or something?

Let's pretend for a moment. Your best male friend tells you he was born with a vagina. You, excited over now seeing your best friend as the giant vagina you see all women as, decide to have sex with him. Would you call that a gay or straight encounter?

It would be gay. Straight transwomen date straight men, not gay men.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am not pro-discrimination. Your attempts to redefine reality based on the flawed perceptions of people with mental defects (non-derogatory) in no way indicates I am a bigot simply because I do not agree. You have been asked time and again for legitimate examples of the discrimination you speak of but all you have done is copy and paste some examples that only reinforce my idea that this is nothing more than social engineering with special interest groups being used as pawns.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

flawed perceptions of people with mental defects (non-derogatory)

Yeah right. Calling people mentally defective is non-derogatory. Do you even listen to yourself?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I am as myopic as the DNA shows. If both parties share the same DNA or biological markers for "sex" and engage in coitus then that is a homosexual encounter. Plastic surgery isn't altering anything but the perceptions of believers. I am aware of straight transpeople that have sex with members of the opposite sex. Does that somehow make them homosexuals in your world?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

It is a clinical term. Sorry that offends you. What deceptive euphemism would you employ?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So you didn't answer my Question, and i never called you a Bigot

so i'll ask again, are you Ok with the Special Privileges that Religion and Religious people get?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What special privileges?

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join