It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I didn't vote for anyone in 08.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Edumakated

Would you call this a strength or weakness?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is his own personal theory. Was it Ancient Aliens? Tombs? I saw some professor claiming it was some kind of power plant. Everyone has their own theory.

I don't make it out to be some kooky religious belief. I don't agree, but the man is entitled to his own opinions until it is proven otherwise.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I don't make it out to be some kooky religious belief. I don't agree, but the man is entitled to his own opinions until it is proven otherwise.

Still...when your ideology/theology get's in the way of your common sense; you aren't fit to be president.

I'ts bad enough with out making the US a theocracy.

I don't think Carson is capable of keeping his religion out of decision making. We don't need that BS.

edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: %TYJTKK*

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seriously. Anyone who promotes Fox News as the savior of the country is either bought out by monied interests (namely Rupert Murdoch) or a complete idiot. There is no in between.

I agree, however, that stands for ALL msm outlets. And just switch out Soros for Murdoch.

I know this is not what the OP was about, and if OT mods please remove.
I just find the absurdity from BOTH sides nauseating and the hypocrisy rather humorous.

The whole illusion of choice is a carefully choreographed freak show meant only to divide and distract.

For example, because of a Huffington post propaganda piece we have declarations such as this about a well respected neurosurgeon.

This man is an idiot.

The man is a Brain Surgeon.
You disagree with his viewpoints fine, but to stoop to childish ridicule because he doesn't fit into your perceived reality is somewhat disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If experience is such a factor, then you did vote for McCain in 08, right?

Actually, I voted for Obama in '08. Romney in 2012, although I was more of a Paul supporter.

I voted for Obama because:

1) I got caught up in the hype of voting for the first black president even though my gut was telling me otherwise.
2) I thought Obama was smarter than he actually is and didn't realize he was such an ideologue. We have similar educational backgrounds and figured he'd be a bit more analytical when it comes to policy issues. His outright lying about ACA, gun control, and other liberal causes really bothers me. To be a HLS grad, he simply can't be that dumb so I have to chalk it up to being nefarious.
3) Didn't really see McCain as a viable alternative. RINO

I also voted for Bill.

I am not a registered Republican or Democrat.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

He's an idiot if he thinks this is true. I don't care how smart he is with medical knowledge, he clearly isn't concerned with speaking facts or researching his political opinion before speaking it.

Besides, I don't believe that "illusion of choice" conspiracy rhetoric anymore. There really ARE differences between the two parties. It's plain as day when you compare how the country was ran during Bush and how it is ran under Obama. There may be certain issues that maintain bi-partisan support, and SOME of those issues the public isn't too favorable about (like the TPP), but that doesn't mean they really are two sides to the same coin.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I used to be an apathetic voter. Still am, I guess. I am one of the millions that never bothered voting because I never much cared. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't much matter who is in office.
But politics is so polarizing, and it's fun to tweek the rabid people who think it still makes a difference. I may vote, I may not.

But if I had to vote today, I'd vote for Carson.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And I thought I had foot in mouth disease...

Remember that episode of the Simpsons when Frank Grimes finally flips out? I was making the same noises he did when I read this.

"Arrgh! aaaarrggh!!!'

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

1) I got caught up in the hype of voting for the first black president even though my gut was telling me otherwise.
2) I thought Obama was smarter than he actually is and didn't realize he was such an ideologue. We have similar educational backgrounds and figured he'd be a bit more analytical when it comes to policy issues. His outright lying about ACA, gun control, and other liberal causes really bothers me. To be a HLS grad, he simply can't be that dumb so I have to chalk it up to being nefarious.

So what makes you think you aren't make the same, EXACT mistake with Carson 8 years later?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That someone from the left with little political experience is a detriment to the Presidential office, but someone from the right with little political experience is going to be good to it because of "real world experience".

It is not "political experience" that is the issue. It is actual professional real world accomplishments.

Obama's only real accomplishment was being President of Harvard Law Review. A glorified student newspaper. Prestigious among law students, but does not make one an accomplished attorney. Taught constitutional law at UofC, but not a true professor. ZERO published academic writings which is unheard of for someone to be on Law Review, much less to be teaching at UofC. Won't release academic records. Served in IL state senate. Won Senate seat by getting divorce records of Jack Ryan unsealed. Barely serves a year before running for President.

On the other hand, you have the most accomplished brain surgeon in the world with a 30 year career.

Yeah... one doesn't have any experience.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

My "problem" is that I'm libertarian, so there are aspects of both parties that I like, but neither has my trust.

I'm in political no-man's land.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I used to be an apathetic voter. Still am, I guess. I am one of the millions that never bothered voting because I never much cared. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't much matter who is in office.
But politics is so polarizing, and it's fun to tweek the rabid people who think it still makes a difference. I may vote, I may not.

The reality is the Presidential election is probably the least important office. What really makes a difference is your local politicians and your senate and congressional votes are what really matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If you feel so positive about him, then why are you not supporting him?

Oh wait, I remember you said you are still undecided.

So taking my time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the various candidates before making up my mind who I am going to support is a bad thing? WTF?

If you choose to take that attitude because I asked you a very simple question, then you have a good day, sir.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The reality is the Presidential election is probably the least important office. What really makes a difference is your local politicians and your senate and congressional votes are what really matter.

You're right. They are the ones (in the senate) who write the laws.

The president is just a rubber stamp in a suit.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So what makes you think you aren't make the same, EXACT mistake with Carson 8 years later?

How can anyone know? It is like that in the real world. I've hired people who look good on paper who turn out to be blundering idiots and I've hired people who probably wouldn't qualify on paper, but turn out to be your best employee. You won't know till they are on the job. All we can do is use our best judgment to make the decision.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One thing is sure...

The democrats will do a happy dance if Carson gets the nomination. Hillary will mop the floor with Dr. Ben in a debate and insure a win for the democrats.

It's almost as if the GOP wants to lose so they can continue playing the victim.
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The president is just a rubber stamp in a suit.

And he's also the one who turns grey and gets covered up in wrinkles when he figures that out.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yea, I got it. I read your rationalization the first time.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've decided not to call myself a libertarian anymore. I'm going back to just being an independent. It's easier that way, and I don't have to account for people having problems when I say things that don't toe the party line.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How can anyone know? It is like that in the real world. I've hired people who look good on paper who turn out to be blundering idiots and I've hired people who probably wouldn't qualify on paper, but turn out to be your best employee. You won't know till they are on the job. All we can do is use our best judgment to make the decision.

I see Carson as someone who is exactly as weak as Obama. Let's put it that way. I didn't vote for Obama in 08 or 12.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join