It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

FOX NEWS! The leading propaganda outlet in the country!

That depends. If you're Republican, you watch Fox. If you want your daily fix of Liberal, you tune to MSNBC.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

No, they are simply the sole counter-point to the government sanction propaganda we are being fed daily.
Nobody will ever simply "give" you the truth.

That's pretty much hitting the nail on the head.

Today, it's just a matter from which side you prefer to be misled.
edit on 6-11-2015 by redoubt because: typo

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Even MSNBC doesn't lie as much as Fox News. I'm sorry, but Fox News is on a different level when it comes to propaganda.

link   
a reply to: misskat1

He grew up poor and became a surgeon. Not many from here can hope to make something like that of themselves.

Dr Carson seems to understand that you "find the right man for the right job" rather than "I'm going to get everything done".

We really, really, really need to stop electing entertainers and get a few people into the seat that can actually fulfill the role of President. Shake some babies, kiss some hands and then work across lines to protect the countries best interest.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
kind of true, we'd have socialized healthcare if not for all of the MSM being right wing biased. Fox just being the worst.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

He grew up poor and became a surgeon. Not many from here can hope to make something like that of themselves.

Lots of people rise above their environment. I have family members as successful as Carson, not dumb enough to run for President though, who rose from poverty and strife.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Like I said, depends on which side of the fence you're on. If a news outlet is telling you what you want to hear, they're giving you The Truth.
If not..........

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Rising out of poverty doesn't necessarily make good Presidential material. You say we need to get the entertainers out of politics, well Carson IS playing the entertainer game. He says things that aren't factual, but are things that people want to hear. This can be proven out by his remarks about the pyramids and his remarks here in this thread. If he can't be concerned enough to get an accurate picture of how the country works or wants to push YEC narratives, then he can't be trusted to run the country honestly. He's supposed to be a good surgeon; he should go back to doing that.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Like I said, depends on which side of the fence you're on. If a news outlet is telling you what you want to hear, they're giving you The Truth.
If not..........

Nope, not true. I stay away from MSNBC just as much as Fox News because people on the right swear up and down that they are just as bad as Fox for the left, but when I read articles from MSNBC I see less spin and more facts presented. Again, I try to avoid both sources, but there really IS a clear winner in which news outlet lies more than the other.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I agree that there are many that "rise above" as you say. I'd be more inclined to vote for them over any of the current group we're being offered.

Carson is being attacked on something as petty as his beliefs on the pyramids whereas Obama didn't know how many states his own country had.

Yet the media in America remains in attack mode against Carson. I say media, but it's all the shows all day long. It never would have been allowed to happen against President Obama and if people had any shred of honesty they would admit the difference.

The vast majority of what we are subjected to (not local news of course) is heavily influenced by the left. One channel is not and it is constantly attacked for it.

The smartest thing for everyone is turn of all TV and just walk outside and enjoy the leaves for a bit. Get your news from other sources (4-5 if possible) and listen to what your gut tells you.

++And please do not say Maddow or Mathews are more honest than anyone on Fox++
edit on 6-11-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You seem to lose track of who is running things.

It's time for AIPAC to pass the plate 'round the Bible Belt again.

Waiting for Jesus the Pawn to endorse man made global warming and to say that radioactivity is, actually, good for us. Oil spills too.

Crazy, like a Fox.

Just in case you missed it…they control all avenues of dissemination.

Why wouldn't they?

When this Carson, should he get the selection, starts to act out with his 'beliefs', you and millions of others will probably be still be spellbound, shouting: You hate him because he's black!

Well trained, you are.

# 540

edit on 6-11-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Let's not forget.....

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question,"

Ben Carson: Many prisoners go in straight, come out gay

And my favorite.....

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,”

Ben Carson believes Joseph built Egypt’s pyramids to store grain — and it just might get him some votes

Perhaps that last one belongs in the Ancient and Lost Civilizations forum.

edit on 6-11-2015 by BritofTexas because: Punctuation!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Does anybody not find it strange that he openly talks about his previous rages and attempts to murder and injure people? That he did it is scary, and that he talks about it like it's a normal thing is sooo strange. Maybe he's a nice guy, but I honestly find him a bit creepy.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So Carson is saying that if there wasn't a voice against leftist ideology, we'd be communists.

He sees leftist ideology as a bad thing. Unless everyone here thinks Cuba is a utopia.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Does anybody not find it strange that he openly talks about his previous rages and attempts to murder and injure people? That he did it is scary, and that he talks about it like it's a normal thing is sooo strange. Maybe he's a nice guy, but I honestly find him a bit creepy.

Yup. Saw this as well. He stabbed a guy so hard that it broke the solid brass buckle. Wow.

They are letting us know that we're in for a rough ride. Another freak, and there's a lot they can do with a freak.

# 541

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So Carson is saying that if there wasn't a voice against leftist ideology, we'd be communists.

That is literally McCarthy era propaganda.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Its a long way to election day, so far I dont think he is the "right man" for this job. And if he has openly talked about rage and murder etc, as another poster just said, (havent researched it yet) then that is a glimpse into a mans mindset, is he capable of getting that out of control now?

In reality Im not sure why we debate anyway, like its really our decision. Sad but true.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And when he speaks he seems almost "breathless" . Like he's about to faint or something. I know that's a trivial thing, but still, CREEPY.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think Carson is a smart man. This is him pandering to the conservatives with Trump like tactics. Shock and Awe.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The derp is strong with Dr Carson.

LOLOL!!! Brilliant. Pure gold. I'll have to use that one, if you don't mind.

On Topic:
Well, just that. This guy is loony. Totally unfit to do anything BUT neurosurgery and write his memoirs. That's how I see it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join