It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school suspends coach for praying at games and Satanists make an appearance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Apparently the only culture not allowed in school any more is Christian and American.
Everything else must be tolerated.

Seriously? So if your child came home, and said their teacher led them in a prayer to Gaia at the end of class, that would be cool? Or is it just ok if the teacher is Christian? Or how about a prayer to a different deity for each class? Would that be equitable?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If her teacher did during class no I would not be happy.
If her coach asked if she wanted to participate in a prayer after the game I would not care one bit.

Notice i said asked, not forced

edit on 31-10-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The "COTUS" says nothing about "separation of church and state". It merely states, there shall be "no establishment" of a state religion or test. Where do you find this separation? I'd like to read it. Don't throw SCOTUS crap at me. I want to see it in the COTUS. ...Yeah? I didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If her teacher did during class no I would not be happy.
If her coach asked if she wanted to participate in a prayer after the game I would not care one bit.

Notice i said asked, not forced

I didn't say anything about the teacher forcing them. So no matter the religion then, your good with it, as long as it's voluntary? You're very open then. Unfortunately, you are very much a minority.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Our local high school football team takes a knee and prays after every game. They always invite the other team. Not all the kids join them.
I'm even an atheist and I don't care.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: CB328

The "COTUS" says nothing about "separation of church and state". It merely states, there shall be "no establishment" of a state religion or test. Where do you find this separation? I'd like to read it. Don't throw SCOTUS crap at me. I want to see it in the COTUS. ...Yeah? I didn't think so.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

If you can't read the first amendment, and see the concept and principal of "separation of church and state", then we'll just have to agree to disagree. You might want to read up on an immigrant named Roger Williams. If it weren't for him, the idea of separation between the church and the state may not have come to full fruition.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Our government hasn't been the best at keeping a separation between church and state...

Disraeli was right...

The 'government' has nothing to do with it.

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

"...the introduction and application of the “Separation Between Church and State” doctrine into the fabric of American culture is one of the greatest acts of fraud and deception ever to be perpetrated upon the American people. The doctrine is nothing more than a legal fiction brought into existence only by committing tremendous violence against the founders’ original vision for the country.

The BIG Lie: “Separation of Church and State” (Part 15)

The doctrine or separation of church and state is a fabrication of blatantly liberal, anti-Christian, dishonest, activist judges. In fact, the words,"separation of church and state" are only words taken out of context from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. They exist nowhere in the laws of our nation.

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

..."separation of church and state" is a gigantic fraud. Why? Because there is no separation of church and state. Government religion is a fact in the United States.

Court Unmasks Secularism as State "Religion"

"...the separation of church and state as understood today is a total fraud. It seems obvious that Founding Fathers vision is completely opposite to that of the ACLU or the liberal courts."

What the Founders believed regarding the Separation of Church and State

"the doctrine of separation of church and state is a scam..."

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

Most political conversations now initiated, concerning the separation of church and state, claim that the separation they speak of is based upon the U.S. Constitution. In reality, this phrase is found nowhere in the Constitution; neither is their argument.

Separation of Church and State: Then and Now

So before we can discuss the constitutionally protected rights of students at school, we have to dispel this sinister myth of the so-called “separation of church and state.” Like the proverbial monster hiding in a child’s closet, the “separation of church and state” is a pure figment of the imagination that has for far too long haunted us. It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

Dispelling the Church-State Separation Myth at School

Mr. Patton claims that this is not a Christian nation. Is that right? The founders who built this great nation would disagree. One hundred fifty-five of the one hundred fifty-seven men who were considered America's founders were devout Christians! Thomas Jefferson, the man who coined the phrase ‘separation of Church and state’, it seems, did not abide by his very own ‘separation of Church and state’ doctrine. The reason he did not is because there was no such thing!

The Lie of Separation of Church and State

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Exactly...

Which is why I posted the quotes above BTW.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It's nothing more than symbology for those that need and desire a "ritual" to participate in.

I can respect your personal beliefs, but leave the rituals at home.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Sremmos80

Can't help but wonder if the parents interviewed would feel the same if it what was a different religions prayer.

Exactly. What would happen if the coach were a Wiccan, and prayed to the goddess at the end of games with his students? How well would that go over? But we've been conditioned that it's ok, because it's Christian. Not any more.

Even for atheist who understand prayer should see it as simply a form of positive reinforcement which has proven to help. Hence 1 million and 1 self-help books

What?

Please don't try to speak for atheists.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Some claim there is no separation of church and state.

Yet, secular continues to win majority in court.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Our local high school football team takes a knee and prays after every game. They always invite the other team. Not all the kids join them.
I'm even an atheist and I don't care.

Do you have a child that is being bullied or ostracized because they are atheist?

Does your school employees show preferential treatment to known Christian students?

You don't care because you haven't been negatively affected.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It is allowed, prayer lead by teachers/employees is not.

That goes for any and all religions and the others are not getting preferential treatment.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19983303]Klassified[/
I am aware of Roger. I think you confuse, state from church, as you do, "church from state". Just as our "Leaders" think the "Bill of Rights"..(which is our contract with them)..not them with us, is a "living" document. I ask again, where is this "separation of church and state " in the COTUS? Strawman arguements are usless. Yes!
I believe you are right! I do indeed, disagree with you.

edit on 31-10-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is allowed, prayer lead by teachers/employees is not.

That goes for any and all religions and the others are not getting preferential treatment.

It's allowed on our football field. Don't know what to tell you.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So those that "desire" ritual, vote and pay taxes. Need to leave their "rituals" at home? How about those without "desire" and "ritual" stay home? Or leave? That would be "tolerable"? Or,.. No? You can't respect my personal "beliefs". You Apperently, have not the moral foundation for it. Don't patronize me.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Satanism is a branch of Christianity because the only documented record of this entity has it's roots in the biblical account of the fall.

Source?

Wait, there can only be one source for that lie: Satan himself.

Reminds me of that Allstate commercial...

There is a reason he is known as the father of all lies BTW.

One of the greatest mysteries to me is WHY do people trust what known liars say?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And I would say in principle it shouldn't.
But like I said in my very first post, if it is voluntary and not forced then I don't have much issue with it.

I would just wonder how many would care if it is one of those religions we don't care for...

Or since the majority are ok with it then we need to be?
Or only a religion that a majority of people subscribe to should be allowed?

Yes, both loaded questions about majority rule minority be damned.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I'm thankful, at least there is one other, out there, that knows the truth and can read. People think the COTUS was writen for "lawyers".

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You obviously believe in Democracy. The US is not and has never been a Democracy. It's a Republic. Ruled by a Constitution, that requires us to be adults and grown men about things. Majority or minority is not really relevent, except for how we supposedly "elect" our "leaders". Who, if they like it or not, .."swear to uphold and defend"...The laws of our Republic. You'd be hard pressed to find, anywhere, that our nations founders gambled their necks, for a "Democracy". You'd be also hard pressed to find, another nation on earth that puts up with such commie "minority" drivel than US. And doesn't boot thier unthankful butts into the sea.
edit on 1-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join