It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
big·ot·ry
noun

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

How exactly does this affect a leadership position?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Point of order...

Presidents don't 'run the country' or 'preside over the free world', current soft tyranny excluded.

Presidents are Chief Executive over a federal bureaucracy, ambassadors to other nations, and the military organization. They are not Kings.

Many Presidents have been Creationists. The country didn't grind to a halt. Religious convictions do not have much impact in day to day operations. His beliefs have not impacted the hard science knowledge necessary to be a neurosurgeon, novelist or member of multiple boards.

Chill out.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: randyvs

Dude. That political stuff works short term. Long term it pisses people off(I can give examples). Keep it up.

I'm not sure if I pissed people off or if I pissed you off?
If I pissed you off

i take back every post. But i'll have to get a u-haul first.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds like he's guaranteeing a win for Hillary. The general population won't accept this.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Point of order...

Presidents don't 'run the country' or 'preside over the free world', current soft tyranny excluded.

Presidents are Chief Executive over a federal bureaucracy, ambassadors to other nations, and the military organization. They are not Kings.

You are right, they aren't kings...They are pawns to the corporate, military/industrial interests, where the REAL power resides.

Who do you think fits that bill? Clue....it ain't Dr. Carson.
edit on 28-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Woodrow Wilson:
“America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of the Holy Scripture.”

And the list of presidents goes on and on. Lots of presidents have said lots of different things about this nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Point of order...

You are right, they aren't kings...They are pawns to the corporate, military/industrial interests, where the REAL power resides.

Who do you think fits that bill? Clue....it ain't Dr. Carson.

Cronies more than pawns in my opinion, but yes Carson stands apart from them.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Toseekthetruth

Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796

ARTICLE 11.

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

As I've remarked before there is no such thing, not
one example in all of history of any nation being a " Christian '
nation. There is however a Kingdom of God.

Oh and Carson isn't yon King.
edit on Rpm102815v57201500000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And the list of presidents goes on and on. Lots of presidents have said lots of different things about this nation.

You're right, but I am not the one trying to make the case that this nation was founded on Christian belief and creationism. I provided a quote from a founding father. You quoted a president than took office in the early 1900's.

Forgive me if I give more credibility to a man that actually helped this nation come in to being, and knew why/how it was founded, than a politician that showed up during the first world war.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
You do know that Hillary Clinton is also a very strong Christian, don't you?

Surely you jest...

Hillary simply cannot tell the truth. Everyone knows it. Hillary Clinton’s lies are many and they cover almost every aspect of her life. She is an opportunist, always willing to try to enhance her position by lying. Nothing is sacred. And it isn’t a recent occurrence. Hillary Rodham Clinton has been a liar for her entire political life, probably longer than that.

Going waaaaay back to 1974, when Hillary Clinton was 27, she worked for the House Judiciary Committee which at that time was investigating Richard Nixon and Watergate. Strictly against House rules, she met with Teddy Kennedy’s chief political strategist and then manipulated the system, wrote a “fraudulent legal brief” and “confiscated public documents”.

They had no choice but fire Hillary Rodham. When asked why she was fired, Jerry Zeifman, Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate investigation, said in an interview, “Because she was a liar. She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer, she conspired to violate the Constitution, the Rules of the House, the Rules of the Committee, and the rules of confidentiality.” Zeifman later wrote in a 2006 book titled ‘Hillary’s Pursuit of Power’, that “Hillary Clinton is ethically unfit to be either a senator or president.”

Hillary Clinton is ethically unfit to be either a senator or president

Zeifman said, “Hillary Clinton is ethically unfit to be either a senator or president — and if she were to become president, the last vestiges of the traditional moral authority of the party of Roosevelt, Truman and Johnson will be destroyed.” After the Nixon impeachment investigation was finished, Zeifman fired Rodham and said he refused to give her a letter of recommendation.

jacksonville.com...

When Hillary Clinton was 27, back in 1974, she worked for the House Judiciary Committee, which was investigating Richard Nixon. According to her boss, Democrat Jerry Zeifman, Hillary met with Teddy Kennedy’s chief political strategist – a violation of House rules. She then manipulated the system to avoid investigating Nixon, hoping he’d stick around long enough to sink Republican election chances in 1976, letting her boy Teddy into the White House.

www.truthrevolt.org...

“What is the truth about Hillary Rodham Clinton? The recklessness that's borne of arrogance. That goes back to her 1960s roots and that their narcissism. They believe they are a rule unto themselves. I mean every time Hillary's been caught in a scandal, she really did it. No one made it up. She's deceitful. She'll make up any story, lie about anything, as long as it serves her purpose at the moment. And the American people are going to catch on to it.”

www.c-span.org...

edit on 28-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Did she just say Christian beliefs are the " Unfinished business "
of the 21st century? I believe she did.

Does this mean she plans to persecute Christians?
I believe it does.

"Laws don't count for much if there not enforced"

I know she wasn't talking about immigration laws.
edit on Rpm102815v45201500000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yep, she slipped up and actually spoke the truth for once...

Ed Morrissey writes at HotAir.com. “Running for president on the basis of promising to use the power of government to change 'deep seated cultural codes [and] religious beliefs' might be the most honest progressive slogan in history.”

www.lifesitenews.com...

Reminds me of the time Bill Gates exposed the real agenda behind vaccines...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"Illiberal"
adjective
not allowing people to think and act as they choose. not liberal.

Most of our presidents have been creationists. I share your belief that not all Christians believe in the six-day creationist idea. A popular belief is that the majority of Christians believe that it is metaphorical. Creationists believe it to be word for word.

Also, just a heads up, most Christians believe in the concept of Satan. Js.

edit on 28-10-2015 by FutureWarrior because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't care about his religious beliefs unless he openly advocates for injecting it into policy or action.

That article that olaru posted delineates 13 things Carson holds as "policy" and believes (in no particular order):

Tithing like in the bible is how to tax - and it's condescending to 'poor people' to not tax them

Homosexuality is clearly a choice because prison

The ACA is equivalent to slavery "in a way"

The USA is very much like Nazi Germany

Obama is a psychopath

Obama is a communist engaged in a Leninist plot to destroy the economy

Obama may be guilty of treason

Protests against police violence help ISIS and Al-Qaeda

We should stop being mean to the police because it makes them "timid"

Anti-gay bakers might poison wedding cakes

The President can ignore the Supreme Court

There might not be a 2016 election anyway due to impending anarchy

and;

God gave Carson the answers to his chemistry final in a dream

Just in case nobody else looked at the article.
It's loaded with links and vid clips, too, to back up the bullet points.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

how long was a day in the metaphorical story of the creation of Earth?

(relative to the single creator of all that is)

It's cool if you don't believe in God, but there are a few left who do. When you die, you can celebrate being an atheist all you like, but until then, you just don't know.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Does the dollar bill that you circulate everyday not state "in God we trust"? This country was founded on the belief of God and creationism.
The bills in circulation NOW state that, yes - because the bills that DIDN'T say it have been stashed in cigar boxes as collectibles, since they were printed BEFORE 1954.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Learn your Constitution, the no religious test clause door swings both ways, supporting those who deeply believe from the nonbelievers just as it protects those who don't have Faith from the true believers.
Religious beliefs-wise, Ben Carson is every bit as qualified for the presidency as a dedicated atheist would be.

That's right - there would be no religious TEST - so why the hell is he TALKING about his beliefs at all?
HE's the one who keeps bringing up religion and using it to illustrate his platform points.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's cool if you don't believe in God, but there are a few left who do. When you die, you can celebrate being an atheist all you like, but until then, you just don't know.

I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic, leaning Deist. Which means "I just don't know."

Because I don't. Neither do you, nor does anyone else. I was raised in the Episcopal Church (called 'the middle way') and we learned all of the 'stories', but I never believed any of them.

A "metaphorical day" is not what SIX-DAY LITERALISTS read in Genesis. They think in terms of day/night.

Also - no one has caught it yet (before your post here, at least), but for a NEUROSURGEON to say that "God gave him the answers in a dream" makes me NEUROWORRIED. It is established by science that the brain retains information and processes it during sleep. That's why students are advised not to stay up all night studying for a final, but to let their brains work it through while they sleep.

Is there a Primary Source? Perhaps. I'm also open to string theory and actually my own rational thinking suggests that universes come into being when black holes finally explode. Somehow part of a befuddling design that we can't even imagine? Yep. A bearded guy in the sky who pays attention to we dust specks on this outlying planet? No.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Perhaps a short study into Hillary's long standing connection to 'C-Street' and 'The Fellowship' might throw some light into her faith:

In fact, Clinton's God talk is more complicated—and more deeply rooted—than either fans or foes would have it, a revelation not just of her determination to out-Jesus the GOP, but of the powerful religious strand in her own politics. Over the past year, we've interviewed dozens of Clinton's friends, mentors, and pastors about her faith, her politics, and how each shapes the other. And while media reports tend to characterize Clinton's subtle recalibration of tone and style as part of the Democrats' broader move to recapture the terrain of "moral values," those who know her say there's far more to it than that.

Through all of her years in Washington, Clinton has been an active participant in conservative Bible study and prayer circles that are part of a secretive Capitol Hill group known as the Fellowship. Her collaborations with right-wingers such as Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) and former Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) grow in part from that connection. "A lot of evangelicals would see that as just cynical exploitation," says the Reverend Rob Schenck, a former leader of the militant anti-abortion group Operation Rescue who now ministers to decision makers in Washington. "I don't....there is a real good that is infected in people when they are around Jesus talk, and open Bibles, and prayer."

Clinton's faith is grounded in the Methodist beliefs she grew up with in Park Ridge, Illinois, a conservative Chicago suburb where she was active in her church's altar guild, Sunday school, and youth group. It was there, in 1961, that she met the Reverend Don Jones, a 30-year-old youth pastor; Jones, a friend of Clinton's to this day, told us he knows "more about Hillary Clinton's faith than anybody outside her family.”

www.motherjones.com...

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org...(Christian_organization)
www.dailykos.com...#
www.newyorker.com...
www.salon.com...

[

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join