It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ben Carson, a gifted brain surgeon and smarter than the OP and most of the people on ATS, believes in Creationism. Yet he's ignorant. Keep strong Internet basement warriors!! Go tweet him how wrong he is!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My father is a seventh day Adventist, these people no only worship but they are a cult, they are linear thinkers and what the preacher said is the word of god, by god everybody has to believe it.

They are fanatics.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: network dude

It's cool if you don't believe in God, but there are a few left who do. When you die, you can celebrate being an atheist all you like, but until then, you just don't know.

I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic, leaning Deist. Which means "I just don't know."

Because I don't. Neither do you, nor does anyone else.

Yea, that was kind of my point. So to bash Carson over his making up his mind on this when you haven't quite made it that far seems a bit hypocritical. But whatever it takes to make a liberal smile.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So to bash Carson over his making up his mind on this when you haven't quite made it that far seems a bit hypocritical.

His mind was made up FOR HIM, by a cult.

I "made it" further than that. I thought for myself and discarded the nonsense parts of what I was "told."

Also - I do have the credentials, as a matter of fact, to 'judge' a person's sanity. I went to school for it, and was a gifted counselor until I retired.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Ben Carson, a gifted brain surgeon and smarter than the OP and most of the people on ATS, believes in Creationism. Yet he's ignorant. Keep strong Internet basement warriors!! Go tweet him how wrong he is!

Best post I've read since I've been here. We tend to forget that there may be people smarter than us in the world.

hahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

As I've remarked before there is no such thing, not
one example in all of history of any nation being a " Christian '
nation.

The Vatican is a Christian nation.

There is however a Kingdom of God.

Can you pinpoint it the map? Is Carson running for US President as some sort of representative from the "Kingdom of God"?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So at the end of the day everyone who bashes the thought of creation is really just expressing the limits that science has.

Basically it is equalivant to saying that science can not create a rock.

Why do you all tout the greatness of science and then shoot yourselves in the foot by putting limits on what can be achieved.

That is a mental disorder

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So to bash Carson over his making up his mind on this when you haven't quite made it that far seems a bit hypocritical.

His mind was made up FOR HIM, by a cult.

I "made it" further than that. I thought for myself and discarded the nonsense parts of what I was "told."

Also - I do have the credentials, as a matter of fact, to 'judge' a person's sanity. I went to school for it, and was a gifted counselor until I retired.

If you feel that a person having a religious belief system makes them crazy, I think you may want to ask for a refund from your education.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If you feel that a person having a religious belief system makes them crazy, I think you may want to ask for a refund from your education.

Some beliefs just are not worth fighting for.

“If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.”

― Dalai Lama XIV, The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality

www.goodreads.com...

The Pope agrees, and has publicly announced that Christianity and science CAN coexist.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It goes without saying that Creationists are bats**t crazy, but it's only a sidestep away from your more standard religious beliefs in gods, ghouls, spirits etc etc.

It does worry me that in 2015 we have elected leaders with their fingers on the button who believe in magical alien beings.....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

So is it a fact in science that nothing can exist outside our visible light spectrum?

Is it a law of science that if something can not be seen or detected by our current knowledge then it means that nothing else is out there.

Consistently science nutters fail the long logic because their beliefs and hate handicap there thought process.

How much more will such people choose openly to limit themselves?

It is not science it is a popularity contest.

A system where ignorant thoughts are rewarded.

edit on 29-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
It goes without saying that Creationists are bats**t crazy, but it's only a sidestep away from your more standard religious beliefs in gods, ghouls, spirits etc etc.

It does worry me that in 2015 we have elected leaders with their fingers on the button who believe in magical alien beings.....

To think that the world was created in 144 hours or the Earth is only 6000 years old it pretty nutty in my opinion, but I doubt you really understand what the beliefs (which very widely) on creationism actually are. And making an ignorant statement without knowledge of the subject kind of makes you look, well....ignorant.

Science is wonderful and helps to explain a lot of the mysteries our world has, but to claim that people who believe the world was made by some outside force that did so intentionally, without knowing for sure if that's true or false are nuts, is just wrong. You are free to disagree with them, (which may actually point to you being the crazy one as you are arguing against something that cannot be proven) but empirical statements on this are laughable.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I suppose because creationism is not just a single belief that stands on it's own - or it is, but not in politics. It's inherently tied up with the ideas of the Religious Right - the Seven Mountains Mandate and Dominionism and all that. If Carson simply believed in creationism, but was prepared to stand against the Religious Right, his beliefs wouldn't be so much of a problem. It's the fear that his beliefs signal something much bigger which is one of the reasons I, for one, wouldn't like to see him in office.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Science is wonderful and helps to explain a lot of the mysteries our world has, but to claim that people who believe the world was made by some outside force that did so intentionally, without knowing for sure if that's true or false are nuts, is just wrong.

We can never know if GOD really spoke to the "Son of Sam" through a dog, or if GOD spoke to Balaam through a donkey. But, we DO know that Ben Carson believes that the "science of evolution" was created to deceive by Satan, the adversary of mankind.

That's too nutty for my liking when it comes to electing the "leader of the free world".

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yeah......those are not good reasons to hold the beliefs you and other theists hold.

Such ever receding pockets of ignorance are all you have left to cling onto.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If you feel that a person having a religious belief system makes them crazy,

Well, I do if they believe in Noah's ark, Six-days Creationism, Jonah and his pet fish, Adam and Eve et al are "true".

... I think you may want to ask for a refund from your education.

LOL!!!

Ironically enough, I'm unable to repay the loans, due to the economy.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
To think that the world was created in 144 hours or the Earth is only 6000 years old it pretty nutty in my opinion, but I doubt you really understand what the beliefs (which very widely) on creationism actually are. And making an ignorant statement without knowledge of the subject kind of makes you look, well....ignorant.

So you're claiming you know every single set of beliefs belonging to every single creationist? If so, that's amazing!.......

Or do you just think that you are able to call such beliefs 'crazy' and I'm not? hmm

Science is wonderful and helps to explain a lot of the mysteries our world has, but to claim that people who believe the world was made by some outside force that did so intentionally, without knowing for sure if that's true or false are nuts, is just wrong. You are free to disagree with them, (which may actually point to you being the crazy one as you are arguing against something that cannot be proven) but empirical statements on this are laughable.

You just called these beliefs 'nutty'.....do you even know what you're typing?

wth

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Because, generally speaking, a person with strong Faith (regardless of which religious affiliation they actively proclaim to) considers that Faith to be a major component of WHO they are. There is zero difference between Carson affirming his beliefs and how they align with his platform and Bernie Sanders stating his agnostic position and alignment within his platform, aside from BuzzyWigs associating more closely with agnostic/atheist views and attempting to make those who espouse a more Faith based approach look bad, of course.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Because, generally speaking, a person with strong Faith (regardless of which religious affiliation they actively proclaim to) considers that Faith to be a major component of WHO they are. There is zero difference between Carson affirming his beliefs and how they align with his platform and Bernie Sanders stating his agnostic position and alignment within his platform, aside from BuzzyWigs associating more closely with agnostic/atheist views and attempting to make those who espouse a more Faith based approach look bad, of course.

Isn't that the problem though? Carson's irrational belief in magical goings on being part of WHO he is?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

For someone who claims to eschew religion, you certainly seem to embrace what the religion Thelema took from the philosophical concept of Ahamkara...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join