It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yes he wants to say there is a period there but it clearly says that it was done in 6 days, and then tosses out the BS "if god wants to make a old earth he could".

evolution.berkeley.edu...

No, observable science disagrees.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
But did not George W Bush lead the US into war because he thought God spoke to him and said I got your back buddy. When religion is used to further political agendas it will lead to all kinds trouble.

Ben Carson will not be a great leader because he is foolish, unwise. America has not had a great President for many decades now because all candidates are corrupt to the point of absurdity.

Are you making the claim that gw was full of it and did not hear from god and that god really did not have his back?

I'll claim that if he was hearing voices speaking to him directly he should have had medical help for mental health problems.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Actually, Dr. Carson seems like one of the most intelligent, dare I say Presidential of all the candidates available. You may have a bias against Dr. Carson's beliefs, but that doesn't make him wrong and definitely doesn't make him ignorant. Don't vote for him if you don't want to, but the man is impressive as a human being if nothing else.

Maybe he's a savant at anatomy and surgery. It seems that outside of his brilliance as a doctor he is lacking intelligence. Evolution is the reality of how we got here, it's not debatable, not a belief. It requires an astounding lack of logic, especially for a scientist, to believe in the 6 day creation. Such a person should not be trusted with the decisions that a President must make.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

did you really just provide a link claiming that god can not create an old earth if he wanted?

I am glad that everyone does not bind their imaginations the way you have chosen too.

My friend everything is possible. everything is possible my friend

why fight it?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

What can I say, we humans and our brain makes the most interesting species in the universe no wonder the soul loves to incarnate often in earth to experience the unpredictability of dealing with a human brain and its ego.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Evolution is the reality of how we got here, it's not debatable, not a belief.

and you just called evolution reality but I must remind you it is still a theory that falls short of reality

do not sit near a wall

the koolaid man will be smashing through soon

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

No I posted a link of people observing mechanisms in play and using that to come up with an explanation on how the earth came to be. And doing that by avoiding a super natural explanation.

So either you can base your thoughts on what we see right in front of us or invoke some super natural being that can't be proven really either way about it's existence.

I have a great imagination, don't fret, but you can't imagine everything.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that there was a thread recently in which a TV host asked Sanders about his faith and when Bernie deliberately avoided the question, many of us said that his religious beliefs shouldn't matter. What he does as a representative of the people is what matters.

Shouldn't we be consistent and apply that to Carson as well? I don't care about his religious beliefs unless he openly advocates for injecting it into policy or action.

I've come to learn that everyone believes in something we would consider off-the-wall. As long as it doesn't affect our day-to day actions, why should we care what they believe?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks!!! I wasn't sure, but I kind of got that you are a girl by your avatar, nice to meet you, and yes this thread is going wild, when it comes to religion politics or political candidates you can not go wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree several presidents and their wives believed in the supernatural . Things like ghost which have no scientific basis or proof. Hillary Clinton has said numerous things about the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt in the White House.

edit on 28-10-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

and you just called evolution reality but I must remind you it is still a theory that falls short of reality

You seriously want to say this after talking about time dilation?! Do you know where that idea comes from?

I must remind that a scientific theory is much more then what I can only assume you think theory means.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: introvert

I agree several presidents and their wives believed in the supernatural . Things like ghost which have no scientific basis or proof. Hillary Clinton has said numerous things about the spirit or Eleanor Roosevelt in the White House.

Nancy Reagan also paid Joan Quigley quite a lot of money for astrology sessions and guidance. Whether or not that can be part of the problems that came out of the Reagan administration is debatable, but on the whole I couldn't care less. It was her "thing", let her have it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Actually is plenty of visitors accounts also and even videos and photographs that shows that the white house is highly hunted, even have the top 10 most hunted areas.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You seriously want to say this after talking about time dilation?! Do you know where that idea comes from?

I must remind that a scientific theory is much more then what I can only assume you think theory means.

it came from my understanding of things but someone else may have gotten to it first

even so theories are just that and if you were a fish they would be feasting on you now. reflection
edit on 28-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You know I love ya, randy, but come on now - PLEASE.

I think I know

But I didn't say anything positive about the man.
Something I find hard to do for any politician and
make no mistake darlin. I always see a politician
as just that. A politician. You don't have to worry
about my vote either way.

Yep! On purpose, too!!!

Can't say I don't understand that mentality can I?

edit on Rpm102815v32201500000023 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Actually is plenty of visitors accounts also and even videos and photographs that shows that the white house is highly hunted, even have the top 10 most hunted areas.

Well it was during the War of 1812.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Darn Canadians always bringing that up!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Really? I need to find more information on the white house, I did a research and I found some photos of what people think are ghost in the white house.

I can only imagine that with so much emotional turmoil within the walls of that magnificent house is bound to have lingering residual energy manifesting as ghosts or apparitions.

It is a fascinating subject.

Oh, well maybe if Carlson gets into the white house he will perform an exorcist to get rid of the phantoms.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Darn Canadians always bringing that up!

Yeah but we were ALWAYS there for America and Mother but that Mid East war just doesn't resonate with Canadians. Afghanistan OK. Iraq? Non. We're weird that way.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Metallicus
Actually, Dr. Carson seems like one of the most intelligent, dare I say Presidential of all the candidates available. You may have a bias against Dr. Carson's beliefs, but that doesn't make him wrong and definitely doesn't make him ignorant. Don't vote for him if you don't want to, but the man is impressive as a human being if nothing else.

Carson thinks that Satan inspired evolution, that there's some doubt about gravity and how the Earth got to where it is, that the Jews could have avoided the Holocaust if they'd all had guns and that the Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to hit the USA since slavery.

Just curious. Do you believe that or are you just posting it? I ask because no university educated person would think that.... let alone say it.

Erm, it's a matter of public damn record. Just google it. He said it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join