It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you take everything into account then the 6 days could be exactly correct.

No where does it say 6 24 hr days even then time dilation is a real thing that science loves to ignore

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You really want to try and bring up time dilation while saying the earth was created in six days?

If you want to accept a relativity concept then why would you ignore everything else science agrees with?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No, it can't. Days are DAYS.

And there is no "Satan". To have a president who thinks there is a "Satan" and that the earth was formed in "six days" is absurd beyond the pale.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Buzzy Buzzy Buzzy, did you open a can o worms?

PLEASE, ATS, tell me how a "six-days creationist" who has NO political experience is the best choice for running this country!!!!

See I don't even know there isn't a muslim running it now.
I think muslims are creationists. Do we even know what Obama
is? I'll never vote for any of the jackasses anyway. Besides it's all
scripted before hand any way sweetz.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's troubling. The reason, is does he believe in science. We understand he's a brilliant Neurosurgeon, and understands and believes in the science of medicine but, does he believe in evolution or astronomy and geology. It would appear that he would be an anti science president in an age where science is more important than ever. That's my opinion and I could be wrong. I believe in God the Creator as well but not biblical six day creation. That is anti science. No planet formation, that takes billions of years, just boom, here it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I fail to see the point. Carter was against abortion but realized that the office is below the will of the people. And really? What's the problem with him being a creationist?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I think she or he did, but when it comes to creationism or young earth believers is no way to have a meaningful and enlightened debate at all, actually this is a topic that I no longer pursue myself, but when it comes to Ben Carson and his dreams of becoming a president that is another thing I have read and research on him enough to know that a presidential candidate material he is not at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Who's to say that to believe in 6-day creation, or whatever, is any worse or better than anything else the religious people in this country believe? Better yet, is there any difference between saying the earth was created in 6 days, or believing wholeheartedly that there is no god?

Either way, how do we know? We don't. To believe without proof or real good evidence indicating it's truth, is ridiculous in my opinion.

That being said, I don't think believing in creationism is an automatic disqualifier, as I also believe there shouldn't be a "religious test" to hold office, but I think it's up to the people to decide whether or not they want someone who believes in something unproven to represent them.

And if someone like Carson does get in to office and tries to implement policies that reflect his unproven religion, we have checks and balances to take care of that.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You really want to try and bring up time dilation while saying the earth was created in six days?

If you want to accept a relativity concept then why would you ignore everything else science agrees with?

I am telling you his exact answer to the question of 6 days

who the f says I ignore everything science says

I simply stated that it is possible for carson to be right

link   
a reply to: randyvs

Buzzy Buzzy Buzzy, did you open a can o worms?

Yep! On purpose, too!!!
Thanks for noticing.

We need real-life, modern thinking to solve this crap.
CARSON does not have what it takes. Neither does Trump or Fiorina or Cruz or Huckabee.

You know I love ya, randy, but come on now - PLEASE.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why take my word for it when carson had addressed the subject himself

edit on 28-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would probably hit the character limit for a post. I mean really you are going to say past leaders didn't have religious beliefs that conflict with science? That those leaders did a "bad" job because of those beliefs? Your bias is showing.

Too much importance placed on this. The presidents ideas on creation wont affect his foreign policy or domestic. The government is overwhelmingly secular and operated that way. He cant just executive order his way to a theocracy.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree, but what else he would be doing, then, I guess is still a lot of preaching he can do from the white house still.

Is always checks and balances but when it comes to executives decisions well that is another topic and all presidents seems to love to sign them.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Actually, Dr. Carson seems like one of the most intelligent, dare I say Presidential of all the candidates available. You may have a bias against Dr. Carson's beliefs, but that doesn't make him wrong and definitely doesn't make him ignorant. Don't vote for him if you don't want to, but the man is impressive as a human being if nothing else.

Carson thinks that Satan inspired evolution, that there's some doubt about gravity and how the Earth got to where it is, that the Jews could have avoided the Holocaust if they'd all had guns and that the Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to hit the USA since slavery. So, no, he's not intelligent, he's a total religious whackjob of the highest order. The only thing that he has going for him is that he's not Mike "Utter Religious Lunatic" Huckabee, who bloody terrifies me.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Carson has some mighty strange ideas.

ourfuture.org...

The GOP will never nominate him. They're not near as crazy as Ben is....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Metallicus
Actually, Dr. Carson seems like one of the most intelligent, dare I say Presidential of all the candidates available. You may have a bias against Dr. Carson's beliefs, but that doesn't make him wrong and definitely doesn't make him ignorant. Don't vote for him if you don't want to, but the man is impressive as a human being if nothing else.

Carson thinks that Satan inspired evolution, that there's some doubt about gravity and how the Earth got to where it is, that the Jews could have avoided the Holocaust if they'd all had guns and that the Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to hit the USA since slavery.

Just curious. Do you believe that or are you just posting it? I ask because no university educated person would think that.... let alone say it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
But did not George W Bush lead the US into war because he thought God spoke to him and said I got your back buddy. When religion is used to further political agendas it will lead to all kinds trouble.

Ben Carson will not be a great leader because he is foolish, unwise. America has not had a great President for many decades now because all candidates are corrupt to the point of absurdity.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No, it can't. Days are DAYS.

And there is no "Satan". To have a president who thinks there is a "Satan" and that the earth was formed in "six days" is absurd beyond the pale.

you are nutty

we have a pres now that makes that claim

actually we always have...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
According to the liberal left, our own president believes in Satan. You do remember his claim of being Christian right? That includes the belief in Satan. Of course there is a 100% chance that he lied, but what else is new...
Now what you going to do? Pull your hair out and scream in a mirror?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Do you believe that or are you just posting it? I ask because no university educated person would think that.... let alone say it.

he attributes the rise of Darwinian thinking to the influence of “the Adversary” — i.e., Satan.

From the article.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join