It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuition fees and sugardaddies: The rise of student prostitution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Not that I believe you care, but try reading these womens stories and tell me that prostitution should be a right.

Stop being disengenuous, the video in the Original Post is not about human trafficking.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Well it's been said no one deserves anything in this world.

Much less a decent shot at living a life with integrity.

You want an education? You don't want debt for the rest of your life? Spread those legs if you wanna stay ahead. You're a guy? Break that back until it can't support your head.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SprocketUK
It's a fake choice though, isn't it?

No, it is not, because college is not a basic need.

Depends on whether you want to live in an enlightened, western civilisation or a lean to in the jungle, doesn't it?

Society needs well educated people and they shouldn't just be drawn from the ranks of those with rich parents.

We were supposed to have left all that behind in the 19th century.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Depends on whether you want to live in an enlightened, western civilisation or a lean to in the jungle, doesn't it?

So in your false dichotomy it is either a college educaiton or you are a jungle dweller with nothing in between?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
a reply to: Isurrender73

Well it's been said no one deserves anything in this world.

Much less a decent shot at living a life with integrity.

You want an education? You don't want debt for the rest of your life? Spread those legs if you wanna stay ahead. You're a guy? Break that back until it can't support your head.

I am well aware of the elitist entitlement attitude.

After getting to know a couple of prostitutes personally, in non-sexual friendly relationships, I will never support legal prostitution. What I have heard and read still brings me to tears when I think about it.

Star for the good post.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So in your false dichotomy it is either a college educaiton or you are a jungle dweller with nothing in between?

I can see why people have been getting antsy with you.

It was a response to your assertion that Education wasn't a basic need.

As I understand it, basic needs are shelter, food, fire and water. Hence the lean to thing.

If your version of libertarianism means you believe that one socio economic group should ALWAYS maintain their supremacy over another, then I suggest you are more reactionary than libertarian. :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Your opinion doesn't matter. The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the prostitutes.

In every study ever done they have spoken loud and clear.

They feel forced into it, by actual force or financial necessity.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

As I understand it, basic needs are shelter, food, fire and water. Hence the lean to thing.

So you agree it is not?

If your version of libertarianism means you believe that one socio economic group should ALWAYS maintain their supremacy over another...

Where do I advocate that? Entrance into college is not a guarantee of any type of success and quite frankly leads to a significant amount fo debt for those who never should have attended in the first place, be they well off or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Your opinion doesn't matter. The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the prostitutes.

Yup, and the ones in the Original Post made it clear that they had no issue with the arrangements.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Most of you in here are cracking me up.

All of a sudden personal choice is now a no-no?? We all sell our bodies and or minds for money and no one says boo but when an adult female chooses to make money by selling her goods everyone jumps into hysteria about the world ending or hell coming to earth
but fear not people the world will still be here when you wake up.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Most of you in here are cracking me up.

All of a sudden personal choice is now a no-no?? We all sell our bodies and or minds for money and no one says boo but when an adult female chooses to make money by selling her goods everyone jumps into hysteria about the world ending or hell coming to earth
but fear not people the world will still be here when you wake up.

It is just another means of controlling women couched in terms of women's liberation by people with hang ups about women having sex.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So you agree it is not?

If your version of libertarianism means you believe that one socio economic group should ALWAYS maintain their supremacy over another...

Where do I advocate that? Entrance into college is not a guarantee of any type of success and quite frankly leads to a significant amount fo debt for those who never should have attended in the first place, be they well off or not.

by your support of the status quo re. college education. Simple as that.
You are supporting the rights of those who already have wealth and privelige to keep it and deny entry to those who don't.

As far as basic needs goes, for pure survival, nothing else is required, but mankind passed beyond pure survival several millenia ago, basic needs these days encompasses learning, growth and development also, these days.

in fact, stifling access to higher learning causes the stagnation of society. The more people able to study to a higher level, the greater the chances that there will be cures for diseases, fantastic engineering accomplishments, mind blowing inventions...Not to mention really good teachers, medics, academics and lawyers to help society flourish.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yup, and the ones in the Original Post made it clear that they had no issue with the arrangements.

Ignorance is bliss.

Your comment about controlling women's sexuality has nothing to do with this topic, and does not represent me in any way.

If a women wants to have a one night stand every day of her life I don't care. If a young women actually likes older men and wants to have a mutually pleasing sexual relationship I don't care. If a cougar and cub want to have sex for fun I don't care.

If a middle aged pervert wants to pay to fulfill a sexual fantasy that is statistically proven to cause permanent emotional damage that is a problem, whether you want to see it or not.

You can ignore the statistics, but I would rather defend women from being a statistic.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

by your support of the status quo re. college education. Simple as that.
You are supporting the rights of those who already have wealth and privelige to keep it and deny entry to those who don't.

There are plenty of avenues for people who are not wealthy to pursue for additional support in obtaining a college education, including, but not limited to, scholarships, grants, financial aid, ect.

As far as basic needs goes, for pure survival, nothing else is required, but mankind passed beyond pure survival several millenia ago, basic needs these days encompasses learning, growth and development also, these days.

There are other means to obtain knowledge for a succesful career besides college.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Your comment about controlling women's sexuality has nothing to do with this topic, and does not represent me in any way.

Sure it does. Your hang ups are interfering with your ability to not judge people for living their life the way they choose.

If a women wants to have a one night stand every day of her life I don't care. If a young women actually likes older men amd wants to have a mutually pleasing sexual relationship I don't care. If a cougar and cub want to have sex for fun I don't care.

If a middle aged pervert wants to pay to fulfill a sexual fantasy that is statistically proven to cause permanent emotional damage that is a problem, whether you want to see it or not.

I see. So it is okay for an older person and a younger person to have sex but as soon as one of them pays they are a 'pervert'.

Tell me again how you do not have hang ups about sex and how they do not intrude into your decision making process?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I would think that feminists would embrace prostitution with the same gusto they embrace abortion rights... is it not a woman's body and her choice? I've honestly never understood the difference between the two choices, both would seem to "empower" the woman and both would seem to be morality-based issued, which I understand the USA shouldn't legislate on (according to the abortion issue, at least.)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Two consenting adults can do as they please.

I agree. What business is it of ours what two ADULTS do with their own time, including sex?

We are so damn puritanical sometimes I find it laughable.

Probably breaking a T&C with this post however; your comment rocks!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ignorance is bliss.

And if a young adult woman chooses to accept pay that is her business not yours so stop judging and live your life not theirs!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Thank you. It goes back to whether you believe people are free to live their lives as they wish so long as they are not violating the rights of others.

Too many people want to legislate morality. Do we really want the government deciding what is moral and what is not?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Ignorance is bliss.

And if a young adult woman chooses to accept pay that is her business not yours so stop judging and live your life not theirs!

I am not judging her. The statistics say that this is bad news for women, regardless of why they did it.

You can ignore the statistics but I would rather protect women from becoming a statistic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join