It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gives planned parenthood the middle finger.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jimmyx

If a woman has one because she didn't want one and I'm not talking rape or emergency life and death situation then I'm glad they feel regret they deserve it.

Have a nice day.

well, you have a nice day, too...thanks....I haven't met a woman that had an abortion, that hasn't had that regret, no matter how long ago it was.

I know LOTS of women who've had abortions and not of them regretted it.

maybe you can get them to write you a few lines on their lack of regret, so you could share it with us....if they have no regrets, then they shouldn't be ashamed to publicly talk about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

would you charge the women with murder who self-aborted?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's not about shame, it about being abused online. No one wants to set themselves up for condemnation and rebuke, no matter how guiltless they are or feel.

However, here ya go: Women are breaking down abortion stigma one tweet at a time

Amelia Bonow had an abortion last year, and she is not ashamed to share her experience with the world.

That's ultimately what Bonow, 30, did Saturday when she wrote a Facebook post about her abortion at a Seattle Planned Parenthood clinic. Following the House's vote to defund Planned Parenthood, Bonow felt outraged by what she calls the latest attack in a "war on women's physical autonomy."

She used the hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion to invite other women to share their own stories despite overwhelming pressure and a stigma to stay silent.

"Plenty of people still believe that on some level — if you are a good woman — abortion is a choice which should accompanied by some level of sadness, shame, or regret," she wrote. "But you know what? I have a good heart and having an abortion made me happy in a totally unqualified way. Why wouldn't I be happy that I was not forced to become a mother?"

edit on 19-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What a great win for big government.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Stop being silly.

Ones natural the other is murder unless nature goes in there and crushes the skull and rips the fetus apart so it can be removed easier.

(Not talking about rape or life and death situation so don't even)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Great so to try and stop the non existent tax payer funded abortions they are going to stop people from preventing pregnancies, which leads to more pregnancies and people still getting abortions else where...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
link

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas announced Monday that it was cutting off Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood clinics following undercover videos of officials discussing fetal tissue, potentially triggering a legal fight like the one unfolding in neighboring Louisiana.

Planned Parenthood affiliates statewide were told in a letter that their enrollment in the joint state-federal Medicaid program was in the process of being terminated because they were potentially “liable, directly or by affiliation, for a series of serious Medicaid program violations.”

“Your termination and that of all your affiliates will not affect access to care in this state because there are thousands of alternate providers in Texas, including federally qualified health centers, Medicaid-certified rural health clinics, and other health care providers across the state that participate in the Texas Women’s Health Program and Medicaid,” the letter said.

"The State has determined that you and your Planned Parenthood affiliates are no longer capable of performing medical services in a professionally competent, safe, legal, and ethical manner," the letter said.

Oh, lord here we go. Texas is defunding planned parenthood on the grounds of those famous/flawed video's. I personally do not agree with this decision, i think that abortion is baby killing, and personally would not be with a woman if she believed in abortion. However it is the law of the land, and abortions will happen regardless of legality, and that since that is the case they need to be done safely. This is kind of insane i wonder what the back lash is going to be.

Thanks for the post. Not sure how far they will get, but wow.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Actually, by law in Texas, all abortions after 12 weeks of pregnancy are performed in hospitals. I'm sure you can look up a list of non Catholic hospitals in Texas on your own.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood is a terrorist organization. Ask any aborted baby.

They will still exist, but no longer be funded by the state.

This is a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Stop being silly.

Ones natural the other is murder unless nature goes in there and crushes the skull and rips the fetus apart so it can be removed easier.

(Not talking about rape or life and death situation so don't even)

ok, so not being silly....would you have a woman arrested for having an abortion? or the person who preformed it, if it wasn't self-induced by the woman?....remember that abortions have been going on for a very long time, it was just kept quiet.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: dawnstar

Uh not sure what you are trying to say but if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant then there is a simple thing they can do and I'm sure your smart enough to know what that is at least I hope you do.

That's true and PP provides those birth control measures that women can use along with cancer and STD screenings. PP isn't just about abortions.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

Apparently Texas is against birth control as well.

More BS they outsource those exams to other entities, most of them already provide everything PP does, including Medicaid and Medicare

Which translates to them still being able to get all those services they need.....

But it doesnt suprise me that this parroted BS continues to be touted as truth when it is not

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its nice to see the people that claim that the government should stay out of peoples lives, be all for this decision, you just cant make this up.

edit on 19-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm not an extremist so no I would not seek to have anyone arrested for that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its nice to see the people that claim that the government should stay out of peoples lives, be all for this decision, you just cant make this up.

Isnt that kind of the point? they are pulling their funding from a privately owned corporation.......

So that pretty much means the gov arent going to be involved with them anymore, instead letting them use other private entities and practices to take care of their needs

Do you crictical think brah?
edit on 10/19/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Lol, coming from you this is priceless, your government decided that women rights arent worth protecting by falling for lies.

So tell me again how your against a big government.

ALso its nice to see how people not affected by abortions seem to think there opinion is worth something.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

ALso its nice to see how people not affected by abortions seem to think there opinion is worth something.

Funny that's what I think about people from other countries giving their opinion about our matters.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I agree that Government should stay out of paying for abortions. That is a woman's choice, but not the responsibility of Government to pay. If I want a gun it is my right. Are you going to PAY for me to exercise my right?

Logic fail.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Really lol, you fell for lies, wich was proven with the video editing, the no proof for the second investigation on trying to find PP for doing something illegal.

But yea cause im canadian i cant comment.

Priceless.
edit on 19-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Lol comparing guns and abortions, really, you just keep on proving yourself in the wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I didn't fall for any lies I have never seen one of those videos all I know about them is from what has been posted on ats, I have been against abortion long before some video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join