It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Pak milked, blackmailed and backstabbed the US on the Taliban and AQ issue.
It sheltered the fleeing AQ inside its borders.

The money that US gave to Pak to clean out AQ went mostly to military top wigs and their foreign accounts.

Obama was left with no other option than to use drones to kill off AQ sheltered inside Pak.

However, these drones also killed more than 100K civilians inside Pak.

It is a failure of US foreign policy which
a) abandoned Afghans after Soviet defeat with whole country in economic shambles
b) winked at Pak in creating Taliban inside Afghan in the 90s
c) did not do anything substantial against both Taliban and AQ until 911 happened.
d) even when it did something it did not prove to be long lasting. Now Obama wants to stay longer in Afghan.

In many a ways US foreign policy should be given a Nobel Prize for "obsessive stupidity" criteria.
edit on 18-10-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

IIlustrating agin how they are our best pals.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I don't think we worry alot about that since we pissed off MOST of our VALUABLE assets with our loser leader.We have droned the hell out of that place so any friends would be fair weather types only.

I dont think people who believe in BRICS can see the obvious problems they have. Russia has a track record of stabbing allies in the back when its convenient. The Indians despise the PAkistanis and would most likely if anything be neutral IF Russia or china started anything first. Remember defense pacts have conditions and usually one is If its to defend them defensively if they get attacked first. If it covered offensive operations there would be INDIANS in SYRIA but there arent.

ALso @Victor. Show me th e death counts of 100.000 dead due to drones in pakistan. death certificates. prove your numbers.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: forgot something

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

80,000 Pakistanis killed in US 'War on Terror': report

tribune.com.pk...

It added that one million people were killed in Iraq and 220,000 in Afghanistan as a result of the war.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

80,000 Pakistanis killed in US 'War on Terror': report

tribune.com.pk...

It added that one million people were killed in Iraq and 220,000 in Afghanistan as a result of the war.

Ahh so no evidence then ok. One million didnt die in Iraq. thats numbers been debunked plenty of times. th e total in both wars was closer to 400k on BOTH SIDES thats Friendly fire/collatorral and Insurgents.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Remember defense pacts have conditions and usually one is If its to defend them defensively if they get attacked first. If it covered offensive operations there would be INDIANS in SYRIA but there arent.

May be Russians have not asked them yet.

Regarding defense pacts, according to wikipedia, both India and Russia will come into consultations at the time of war from a third party and decide upon a course of action. This can also mean that either side can back out of helping other as per own choosing.

I think Russia also has similar pact with Syria and what we are seeing today is action by Moscow after consulting with Assad, who also formally requested the help.

One Russian guy with contacts in Ru Armed forces back in 2012 told me that Russia will get involved in Syria if needed but would not do the same in Iran and be helpful only in diplomatic or economic sense to the Persians. Seems that information was true atleast regarding Syria.

Russia does not have formal military pact with China but under the cover, I think, they have more than a formal pact as they both know that if one goes down then another will go down much quicker.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
China has already officially stated the military power, in its opinion, is not a solution to Syria. That pretty unambiguously suggests both Russia and US are in the wrong. I imagine this is more of a line for their domestic audience than anything - those special-governed states and Thaiwan might be amused if they suggested hostile resistance is a legitimate tool by an oppressed minority.

As for Russia-China - While I'm sure they have a quiet agreement about matters involving the U.S., they are geopolitical rivals and would likely rather weaken one another passively - assuming no benefit to the U.S. - than anything. You can see this uncomfortable shifting happen every time someone reaches out to India, whose partnership would definitely shift the balance of power definitively in one direction or another. Russia needs them as a hedge against China and China wants them to stop cooperating with Russia militarily, quite a bit. To say nothing of contested regions.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Consultation only comes into play when one of the nations requests it. It is not a requirement.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You left out the most important reason why the U.S. wanted to stop the Taliban. The Taliban stopped all the drug trade that was not controlled by them. The U.S. CIA is the biggest drug dealer in history. The Clinton's are ass deep in it.

U.S. Special forces were inside A-stan long before 9/11. Don't get me wrong, the Taliban sucks but they are a product of Pakistan ISI and A-stan is quickly being lost right back to them while the ANA are more worried about were they are going to rape their next boy then protecting anything from the Taliban.

If it was really about 9/11 and real terrorist Pakistan's military bases should have been turned into a sheet of glass.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So the same reason Russia went into Afghanistan and lost?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Depends. With a bully in the backyards it's just a question of time that tensions rise, doesn't matter who we are up to perceive as the bully in this scenario though.

Dare to find out how bad the Chinese arsenal really is? Hmm...

We have a whole line of weapons nobody will ever know about till they have to be used and against China or Russia they would be used.

The Russians told them not to screw with the U.S. because they will be destroyed in 24 hours time. That is a huge statement coming from Russian Generals.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Once again Obama is only making matters worse by dragging his chicken feet. I wish someone would get through to him that being a wussy is not the way to make the Commies respect you.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That was an interesting read, thanks!

I would still disagree with you as we don't know about all the crap China has ready to use either. Let's ask the General if it would be that easy as well, if one was up to take out China and Russia at the same time.
Besides from that I would rather like to see such a statement myself before I recognize it as valid.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Russia and the US should have COMBINED forces after the cold war.
We both aren't too crazy about the chinese and Russia has vast unused minerals to be discovered but US tech and we need to rebuild our infrastructure along with industry if we are going to survive.
I think there was a book about Codominion a while back.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Russia had multiple options to join NATO purposed on both sides when it was the USSR and after the cold war.

I am guessing that could be part of the problem now.

You are in the tent or outside.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ha!!! US just entered the waters....and China did NOTHING

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
Ha!!! US just entered the waters....and China did NOTHING

What else did you expect. China is all talk. They will never dare to touch the US, heck they wont even dare to attack Vietnam. One sanction from the US will collapse their economy.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Not to mention China doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to their sovereign water bs.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
One sanction from the US will collapse their economy.

Lol yeah right...

Nuff said.
edit on 27-10-2015 by XyZeR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join