It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany in a state of SIEGE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think you will find more than a few people who will argue whether California has self destructed or not... It lost a lot of its luster over the years and it doesn't look like it is getting any shinier any time soon.

From mismanagement maybe, not migrants.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I think you will find more than a few people who will argue whether California has self destructed or not... It lost a lot of its luster over the years and it doesn't look like it is getting any shinier any time soon.

From mismanagement maybe, not migrants.

Trending off topic now, but, California's immigrant problem is not quite the same as the one in Germany. Here in the states the numbers are not quite there yet for the types of problems being seen elsewhere, but that day is coming for us too. Its starting slowly but growing.

Back on topic...Germany.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

No sorry, the west didn't destroy their countries…

Erm, the successful Vietnamese communities here are direct descendants of the displacement from war torn Vietnam in the late 70s and early 80's, after Saigon "fell". The US was directly responsible for that fiasco, too.

We called the refugees "boat people" back then, too similar to the flood of "boat people" crossing the Mediterranean, and yes, the current flood of refugees from Africa and the Middle East is primarily from the result of failed western "Humanitarian Interventions".

Same s*** different era. Older people who remember Vietnam know this with a certainty. You should heed their experienced vision, they have seen it all before.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Back on topic…Germany.

Those who have forgotten the past are repeating the same mistakes today.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yea man I hear ya

I just look at things a lot differently than you, when I'm being #ed I don't blame the world I excel within my environment, I try my hardest to avoid the # the man mentality as much as I can because of it's blaming nature and deference of responsibility.

I say all that to say this, surreptitious Activity will happen in a war period end of story, I expect it to and so should you, because your enemy's are using the same strategy's and serreptitous implements. Everything has a story it would be nice to be in a world without war, without enemy's, without pain. We are not, we are in this world I don't apply a sinister super natural capability to our think tanks, I do however realize they are protecting western interests at all times and make decisions based on available information.

It really comes down to a side for me, and it's an easy choice here in this culture you and I can completely disagree but we can still do business, we can still raise our family's ,find love, compromise, and interact amongst each other. That side is where I stand. Yes look back blame the west first, say we get what we deserve, It's quite smug and pretentious of you typing from your western home. I suppose you feel you are standing up for the moral for the right! Well good for you I cherish our difference of opinion.

So then I guess we can both agree the west shouldn't be dealt a bad hand and should be protected at any cost right?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Bubble bubble bubble pop

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is what happens when you allow the body to become infected. The invading virus eventually destroys its host.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Bubble bubble bubble pop

Do you have something of value to add to the conversation?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Nobody should be dealt a bad hand, especially people who can deal a whole lot better hands than they keep giving.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is what happens when you allow the body to become infected. The invading virus eventually destroys its host.

Exactly, and we are watching it happen. The problem is, once the virus sets in the cure is often as painful and deadly as the disease itself.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Your thread and worries remind me of a plight of refugees from another time.

www.ushmm.org...

The sudden flood of emigrants created a major refugee crisis. President Franklin D. Roosevelt convened a conference in Evian, France, in July 1938. Despite the participation of delegates from 32 countries, including the United States, Great Britain, France, Canada, and Australia, only the Dominican Republic agreed to accept additional refugees. The plight of German-Jewish refugees, persecuted at home and unwanted abroad, is also illustrated by the voyage of the "St. Louis."

edit on 27-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That is a bad example.

Wasn't he the guy that went around throwing the Japanese in fema camps of their day ?

Why yep he most certainly was.
edit on 27-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The worst is yet to come...I figured this in the beginning.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To help put this in perspective, in one month since Germany opened the door to Syrian refugees this effect has occurred. One month - and the locals are being forced to alter their lifestyle to accommodate the immigrants and are afraid for their lives if they don't.

In the span of one month.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

That's great, I love it and you say people like me push American exceptionalism,Really? toss that thought around, look around. We are all humans, no doubt and I believe that life is objectively equal, you must understand that this world has shaped everyone,us and them mentality while reprehensible has merit.I love those who are progressive and who push for practical and meaningful change, currently these people exist and solely exist within western culture, not that free thinkers do not exist outside of western culture; but that the voices in western culture can be herd and heeded because of the great freedoms we have. We must protect what we have,while still remaining open and loving to the freedoms we enjoy. Delicate balance no? Our warm hearts bleed ,and there is a better way to handle this than what's in action.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Your thread and worries remind me of a plight of refugees from another time.

www.ushmm.org...

The sudden flood of emigrants created a major refugee crisis. President Franklin D. Roosevelt convened a conference in Evian, France, in July 1938. Despite the participation of delegates from 32 countries, including the United States, Great Britain, France, Canada, and Australia, only the Dominican Republic agreed to accept additional refugees. The plight of German-Jewish refugees, persecuted at home and unwanted abroad, is also illustrated by the voyage of the "St. Louis."

Though both are refugee crisis, they have little in common.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Bad example you say? It's a perfect example and it's funny you only focus on FDR but ignore the fact Jewish refugees fleeing the Nazis were not welcome either. History repeating itself.

www.theguardian.com...

There's a doleful little game that staff at the Refugee Council sometimes play. They show visitors press cuttings about refugees and asylum seekers from the 1900s, 1930s and today, and ask them to guess when they were published. Most people get it wrong. They assume that Jewish refugees were welcomed, at least in the 1930s, with a tolerance that has traditionally been seen as a beacon of Britishness. They're shocked to discover that rabid intolerance - among both press and government - has a strong British pedigree. As Tony Kushner, professor of history at the University of Southampton, says, "The Daily Mail has been an anti-alien newspaper since the 1900s. There's great continuity."

Current bigotry against asylum seekers, it's chilling to discover, closely mimics prewar anti-Jewish sentiments, and in both instances has been legitimised by British immigration policy. Rather than relaxing entry requirements for Austrian Jews after the Anschluss - Germany's annexation of Austria in March 1938 - the British government tightened them, introducing new, strictly controlled visas precisely to restrict their numbers. More than 65,000 Austrian Jews were murdered in the Holocaust.

FDR's internment camps are a shining example of fear and bigotry of the times, and I see that same attitude applied to the Syrian refugees today. Hell, every Arab Muslim.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
you assume these people will even submit to western law.
To be true to Islam means they follow only sharia law, which is not going to attempt to prosecute them for anything they do to westerners. Third, prison doesn't teach people how to be better citizens. Its teaches people how to be better criminals.

This ^
This is what we have been finding out for a few years here in France. There is no desire to integrate the host country, no will to live by it's laws. To do so is against their religion and an offense to their God.
Prison is turning out to be one of the biggest sources of radical islamic recruiting here. That is one of the reasons the laws are not enforced upon them as they are on the locals.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
humanity
n. pl. hu·man·i·ties
1. Humans considered as a group; the human race.

2. The condition or quality of being human.

3. The quality of being humane; benevolence.

4. A humane characteristic, attribute, or act.

5. humanities
a. The languages and literatures of ancient Greece and Rome; the classics.

b. Those branches of knowledge, such as philosophy, literature, and art, that are concerned with human thought and culture.

There is no difference between an extreme, there is a choice when you choose as a human. Or you can stand for your rights and xenophobism as a primate.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Little in common? Let's try to find some common ground.

Both groups of people are being murdered by their gov't, and in the Syrian case extremists as well.

Well that's good enough for me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join