It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should UK accept thousands of refugees because 423,000 people signed a Petition?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
so we bring in thousands of refugees into the uk and give them a place to stay and food and water and some money hay and a job so all ok ......................... BUT what about all the homless that live in the uk now that have no food no home to live in and no money and no job ...DO they not come first i mean to be helped ???????????????????????

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No, another petition has just been started stating no more immigrants should be allowed into the UK and this petition almost has 100,000 I'm sure with the current sentiment, that this will only increase maybe even surpass the old petition.

Those that say we should let them all in...

1. They are economic migrants which is why they don't stay in the first European countries that they land in.

2. How many of these migrants are ISIS in disguise?

3. You are just asking for your own race to undergo genocide...laugh but come back to me in 30 years time.

4. These people are cowards, instead of fighting for their country they flee. We didn't do that in two world wars, those that did were shot. When SHTF here they'll be the first to flee...
edit on 7-9-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tempestking
so we bring in thousands of refugees into the uk and give them a place to stay and food and water and some money hay and a job so all ok ......................... BUT what about all the homless that live in the uk now that have no food no home to live in and no money and no job ...DO they not come first i mean to be helped ???????????????????????

Damn, you are such a racist! Didn't you know it is racist to care about the UK indigenous population?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

That is the first thing that comes to mind, is ok to offer food and shelter those that are in deed, we are after all humans from the same species, but that is why we have the UN for and the, right? that is why more affluent countries send billions of dollars from tax payers to finance that so call group for humanitarian missions that lately has become a very militarily equipped entity.

How can countries try to feed refugees, when the countries itself keep preaching to their tax payers that the country is in need and that's why they keep cutting on benefits.

It makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
our island is small it takes me 30 minutes to drive about a mile in rush hour and i live in the country i don't no where we are supposed to put all these people it will be like Tokyo soon. don't get me wrong we need to help them but let them stay at the holiday resorts at Tunisia or turkey to rest there feet till we find some where safe to relocate them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Should UK accept thousands of refugees because 423,000 people signed a Petition?

Nope.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes the petition saying no to immigration has been started by a voter for UKIP to counter argue against the 400,000 who seem to think we dont do enough witn only giving q billion in aid. Contrary to what the mainstream would like to portray it isnt the will of the British public. Lets us not forget 4 million voted UKIP because of immigration. If you feel strongly enough you can find it on government website. Just google petition 106477! I hope the people who want to take the refugees feel the same if any atrocity happens on UK soil and the perpetrator ends up being a refugee. Its coming believe me!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: majestic3

How about Quatar, Kuwait and those other richest for only the elite haven in earth. They can take them and let them have a piece of what having money, influences and power means.

Plenty of fancy hotels and places of leisure.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Genocide Watch already say this is the genocide of Europes indigenous populations.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Exactly, if ISIS don't take advantage of this situation then they are stupid.

They will be among these migrants...nobody should downplay how serious this is going to become.
edit on 7-9-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

do these guys look like refugees?
edit on 7-9-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
and one thing id like to say and that is lets hope that ISIS isant using this to slip some sleeper cells into European countries ....................................................

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirsI'm not sure what percentage of freshwater can realistically be used, but it would still require huge infrastructural development. Electricity facilities would require upgrading as well in order to create more 'headroom' - we're nearly at capacity at present.

Electricity probably isn't a matter of life and death, but a dry decade could be disastrous to the UK and is perfectly possible - although to be fair there's probably a lot of wasted water that could be put to better use. Still, what's possible and what's generally done are two different things.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

Reports today from Spanish Counter Terrorism department that ISIS are using it as cover and have already cells in Europe. The lefties and the PC brigade won't care.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Apparently 89,000 people think the answer is no. A government petition 106477 asking for no more immigrants to be let into the UK has been building in numbers since Friday. A lot of people seem angry that David Cameron has been swayed by a small number of people (400,000 plus to be exact) to let more refugees into the Country.

Put it this way. At least you guys were given a choice, whether to vote yes or not. Poor natives of North America were given small pox instead...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Doesn't matter anyway we will get them regardless

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Like I have said earlier I hope the lefties and liberals reflect on this when the # hits the fan. It only needs a few buildings with weapons and guns stored in several cities. Sleeper cells waiting for the order and BOOM! Why is it the kind hearted arent thinking with their heads?

David Cameron has just said today the RAF used drones to kill off two British who were ready to carry out attacks in the UK. The only saving gracd is at least he is talking about taking refugees from camps on the syrian border amongst them orphans and they will be vetted. What worries me more is the ones coming in illegally on a daily basis from Calais. How many have we let in? With the numbers passing through the so called Jihad John could be amongst them. Its only weeks ago when the man was seen in London with an ISIS flag draped round him. It really frightens me and people can call me racist as much as they like. It doesnt bother me. I know I am not racist. Racism to me is me being upset if my son bought a girl home of a different culture or colour and I wouldnt be upset. I however am very upset that peopld are being allowec in this country daily whom we know nothing about and whether theh wish us harm. As a mothet my love for my child and the need to protect him comes first!a reply to: biggilo

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Europe needs them and should just make them all citizens....If not then you are all raciest, nationalist, anti-cultural, anti-ethnic, xenocentrists a few more etc..
Seems everyone gives the US crap about our illegal aliens, so I guess this can go both ways...

edit on 7-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is "Economic Migrant" the new "Welfare Queen"?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well put it this way.
The UK (England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland) has a land mass of 243,610 km²
Oregon has a land mass of 248,608 km²

en.wikipedia.org...

The UK has a population of 64.1m
Oregon has a population of 3.97m

Try squeezing another 60.13m people into Oregon, birth rate out stripping death rate and 330,000 immigrants coming to live in Oregon every year.

Britain is already overcrowded as it is, if this keeps up we will run out of land to build on.
edit on 7-9-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join