It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Mugly

I grew up in poor multi-cultural areas so I'm at home in both.

PC has nothing to do with this.

thanks for answering.
i would like to know everyones answer though. i just figure most wont answer.

i grew up in a poor multi cultural area as well.

i would rather be lost in the west village over bed stuy though.
gotta be honset

edit
youre right. not really about PC

i just wanted to see if people would answer honestly. to do that though(depending on the answer of course) would be admitting they profile too
edit on 9-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: JalapenoPepper

How do we know if the police aren't stopping them on a regular basis? They could just be getting away with who knows what...

I listen to my police scanner every night, it is the people calling that send them there. As far as traffic violations, this black woman pulled out in front of me today, didn't even look.... They feel they can do whatever they want. We are not picking on them, they are just not obeying common law.

Jalapeno!

link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Facts don't hurt anyone...
And even if they did...

Your post did not involve any!

If you say so.
I don't post unless it is factual. And many facts would get me banned for posting.

Jalapeno!

Speaking from experience?

No one gets banned for posting facts.

That is bs... If the facts are not PC, they are perceived as "racist".

Jalapeno!

That's a yes then.

A yes to what? And yes I do speak from experience...I have had to guard cities and towns during natural disasters. The same usual suspects were the wrong doers. Explain the "yes" comment please?

Jalapeno!

Wonderful. Hopefully we don't see you involved in some Danziger Bridge type incident in the future because it's pretty obvious that you have the same mindset as those murderers.

Wow.. Explain what you are talking about? I am lost.... The fact that I worked with law enforcement makes me bad in some way? You do know that WAY more white people are killed by the police every year right? Please stop being lazy and do a little research before you bash me.

Jalapeno!

Explain what? You've made more than one blanket statement about how recently publicized shootings of unarmed black people by police were justified because these "usual suspects" were criminals caught in the act. I've pointed to several noteworthy examples where this wasn't the case at all and you've chosen to ignore them entirely which is a clear demonstration of an unwillingness/inability on your part to alter opinions based purely on emotion when confronted with information to the contrary. So it seems completely reasonable to conclude that you've got a higher than average likelihood of misjudging the threat an individual poses.

Simply put, you make irrational judgments. You say that you "have had to guard cities and towns during natural disasters" and the incident I was referring to, the Danzinger Bridge shootings, were the result of LEO — tasked with protecting a city during a natural disaster — shooting unarmed people, including a mentally disabled man in the back, because they arrived on the scene armed with guns and misconceptions.

Whose being lazy? According to the FBI statistics, however flawed they might be (reporting is voluntary and not uniform with only 220 or so agencies reporting), black folks accounted for 31% of police shooting victims in 2012 while being only 13% of the population. By contrast, white folks were the victims 52% of the time while being 63% of the population. Do the math.

According to the CDC statistics, between 1968 and 2011, black people were 4.2 times more likely to be killed during "legal interventions" than white people.

link   

Bait question...

Let me ask you if you expect it to be more criminal in bed stuy because it's predominantly black or because it's predominantly poor?

& if it's not the racist answer what should be more important to society...

Profiling, or rooting the problem of inequality?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Bait question...

Let me ask you if you expect it to be more criminal in bed stuy because it's predominantly black or because it's predominantly poor?

& if it's not the racist answer what should be more important to society...

Profiling, or rooting the problem of inequality?

call it what you will.
not trying to bait people so i can start dogging them out. i just want to see if they will answer at all.
i never said anything about criminal anything. i said what area would you be more comfortable in and i answered.
you didnt though.

the crime scene is a cross burning on a front yard.
the profile is gonna start with white male

in the end i was just trying to prove that people do profile and profiling does work.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Facts don't hurt anyone...
And even if they did...

Your post did not involve any!

If you say so.
I don't post unless it is factual. And many facts would get me banned for posting.

Jalapeno!

Speaking from experience?

No one gets banned for posting facts.

That is bs... If the facts are not PC, they are perceived as "racist".

Jalapeno!

That's a yes then.

A yes to what? And yes I do speak from experience...I have had to guard cities and towns during natural disasters. The same usual suspects were the wrong doers. Explain the "yes" comment please?

Jalapeno!

Wonderful. Hopefully we don't see you involved in some Danziger Bridge type incident in the future because it's pretty obvious that you have the same mindset as those murderers.

Wow.. Explain what you are talking about? I am lost.... The fact that I worked with law enforcement makes me bad in some way? You do know that WAY more white people are killed by the police every year right? Please stop being lazy and do a little research before you bash me.

Jalapeno!

Explain what? You've made more than one blanket statement about how recently publicized shootings of unarmed black people by police were justified because these "usual suspects" were criminals caught in the act. I've pointed to several noteworthy examples where this wasn't the case at all and you've chosen to ignore them entirely which is a clear demonstration of an unwillingness/inability on your part to alter opinions based purely on emotion when confronted with information to the contrary. So it seems completely reasonable to conclude that you've got a higher than average likelihood of misjudging the threat an individual poses.

Simply put, you make irrational judgments. You say that you "have had to guard cities and towns during natural disasters" and the incident I was referring to, the Danzinger Bridge shootings, were the result of LEO — tasked with protecting a city during a natural disaster — shooting unarmed people, including a mentally disabled man in the back, because they arrived on the scene armed with guns and misconceptions.

Whose being lazy? According to the FBI statistics, however flawed they might be (reporting is voluntary and not uniform with only 220 or so agencies reporting), black folks accounted for 31% of police shooting victims in 2012 while being only 13% of the population. By contrast, white folks were the victims 52% of the time while being 63% of the population. Do the math.

According to the CDC statistics, between 1968 and 2011, black people were 4.2 times more likely to be killed during "legal interventions" than white people.

Do you know why they were more likely to be killed during legal interventions? BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO COMMANDS. Name one innocent black that has been killed unjust....While NOT comitting a crime.

Jalapeno

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Show me ONE good kid, who was on is way to school or church who was gunned down by anyone, police, citizen etc..

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You are extremely incorrect. Police also patrol, they don't just respond. Maybe you should look up things like Stop and Frisk and Broken Windows policies.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Why else would anyone need to be worried about comfortability in a certain area unless there was the implication of a criminal element?

It's clearly a gotcha question.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The fallacy, and racism, is the implication that it is their blackness that makes them commit violent crimes. Are you willing to make that argument?

I don't know. You tell me what the implication is. Your argument will probably be that it is because they are poor and have no good education and skills, no real opportunities to rise above their plight.

Yet, taxpayers have poured hundred of billions of dollars into neighborhood and community programs, affirmative action programs, job training, after-school programs, mentor programs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Yet, SOMETHING is wrong. What?

Throw the pc crap out the window and look reality square in the eye. That is the only way the problem will be solved and the stereotypes finally become obsolete.

edit on 9-8-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

(post by JalapenoPepper removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why else would anyone need to be worried about comfortability in a certain area unless there was the implication of a criminal element?

It's clearly a gotcha question.

ok.
still a valid question
my point is everyone proflles to some degree

myself included

people are allowed to feel how they feel.
they are allowed to be more comfortable in one area over another.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO COMMANDS.

They don't have to! No one does! Learn this and stop being an obedient moron!

"Officer why am I being detained?"

If the cop doesn't answer you, the cop is in the wrong!

"Officer am I under arrest?"

If the officer doesn't answer or says yes and doesn't provide a reason for detainment, the cop is in the wrong!

If the officer places hands on you without stating a reason, they are in the wrong!

Follow commands? Good grief!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Those are not facts, that is racism. There is no difference between black people and white people. Both are human, you are essentially saying that black people are not human.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO COMMANDS.

They don't have to! No one does! Learn this and stop being an obedient moron!

"Officer why am I being detained?"

If the cop doesn't answer you, the cop is in the wrong!

"Officer am I under arrest?"

If the officer doesn't answer or says yes and doesn't provide a reason for detainment, the cop is in the wrong!

If the officer places hands on you without stating a reason, they are in the wrong!

Follow commands? Good grief!

All of these "good kids" were stopped for valid reasons!!! If a cop stops you for no reason, sure, exercise your rights! But they were ALL stopped for a valid lawful reason! When given a valid lawful order, you obey!

Jalapeno!
edit on 9-8-2015 by JalapenoPepper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, I know you are not that dense. Of course, there is an implication of a criminal element. Heck! Not just an implication but a statement. Use your common un-pc sense.

Here is a list of the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in the country:

Country's 25 most dangerous neighborhoods

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

black folks accounted for 31% of police shooting victims in 2012 while being only 13% of the population. By contrast, white folks were the victims 52% of the time while being 63% of the population. Do the math.

Its all about perspective. You look at those stats and assume cops are picking on black people, I look at those stats and assume white people are less likely to get violent with the cops.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

so cops have to answer questions but the person being questioned by the cop does not?

good to know i never have to answer a cops question about anything ever.
thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You are ignorant of facts. Walking down he street is not a valid reason for being stopped.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
, I look at those stats and assume white people are less likely to get violent with the cops.

youre not the only one.
thats what i get from those stats too

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join