It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah
If people want to come here to work then right on! that list of countries on the first page the majority our country has been backing wars with for years . loss of civilian life so its no wonder they want to get as far away as possible. Its such a sad state of affairs when people don't want to share, this is 'our' planet and i really wish we would do as we was taught as kids .I.E sharing.

Then open your house and give them all your money.

I don't know if you have noticed but the UK has a housing crisis.

this is the thing its because of the govt we have housing crisis .

they cut benefits and plan to save another 13bn in cuts .

can hardly blame the immigrant most end up homeless same as us or in horrendous living conditions.

we cant blame it on immigrants blame the government.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If the army is involved its only a matter of time before they start shooting and we start counting body's, is PC Europe ready for that ? and if the army has to shoot to defend its self how long before the nutcases in other country's take this as a sign the minority cultures are free game. Its a mess that is only going to get worse

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

If people want to come here to work then right on! that list of countries on the first page the majority our country has been backing wars with for years . loss of civilian life so its no wonder they want to get as far away as possible. Its such a sad state of affairs when people don't want to share, this is 'our' planet and i really wish we would do as we was taught as kids .I.E sharing.

Well, I for one hooked ya up with a star for that post and I wish I could give you a lot more.

It's so true! People whinging about the immigration issue remind me exactly of a crying little kid, saying "no that's my toy, you can't play with it". lol, it sounds stupid, but it's so true.

It is silly and the government is pushing people to the limit by making cuts and making people blame others such as immigrants.

the reason people can seek asylum is because there are dangers , wars or just religious reasons to kill them.

i wish there was more i could do.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Stars are free.

Immigration isn't.

Who pays for it?

Someone has to fund the hospitals, schools, new roads ect.

we pay enough tax to cover that

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dingdongdoodah

we cant blame it on immigrants

Yes we can. They are the ones who are trying to get to the U.K. ILLEGALLY.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

yes but if we relaxed immigration rules or even changed them people would get a national insurance number and get work, paying back into the system

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

yes but if we relaxed immigration rules or even changed them people would get a national insurance number and get work, paying back into the system

The Country is FULL.

Let someone else take them.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

We've been fighting wars with Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Eritrea, Nigeria and Ethiopia?

Give over with the fluffy, left-wing nonsense. These aren't refugees, they are economic migrants looking for the "good life". We can't just open our doors and invite everyone in to "share"!

I assume you're going to be first in the queue to share all you have with some of these people ?

haha i wouldn't mind sharing . from what i have seen in t5he media these migrants share houses with 10 to a bedroom there was a documentary on channel 4 not so long ago.

half of them was sleeping in park or car parks .

hardly call that sharing ........

Didn't really answer all my questions there though, but crack on, go house a bunch of foreign nationals in your house, we already have enough here looking for homes anyway. Contact Mrs May and let her know you're willing to help - Here is her website... and her mail address is [email protected]

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The housing crisis has been around since long before this Government, or even the last, or the one before that, or even the one before that. It has nothing to do with "cuts" and trying to blame it on such shows your lack of understanding. I'd imagine you're relatively young, have liberal views and are not that worldly - don't worry, it'll come, just like Churchill said...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Why? The Army isn't gun-ho, they're not Americans! They'd often sit, under heavy fire in Afghanistan and not shoot back because of the ROE. They are incredibly disciplined, professional soldiers.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

thanks for the link.

i am just saying that they don't all get a house , its not as black and white as you think.

There are people that abuse the system i get that, people who are from the uk also play the system.

In an ideal world we would all share our planet but obviously that isn't the case and probably never will be .

I can live in hope , can't I?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Oh stop bleeting... Government cuts have nothing to do with the immigration problem!

These people are mostly from safe countries, not warzones. The bulk come from Africa, but there are also Pakistani's, Indians and Sri Lankans. Only a tiny fraction are genuine refugees and even they are flouting the rules to try and get to the UK rather than one of the dozen or so EU countries they passed through to get here.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The Country is FULL. Let someone else take them.

I'm quite flabbergasted by this comment - aren't it the Brits themselves - well, at least their governments - that keep saying that the Brits need to work longer, for less and for more years? Clearly, the Brits have a a problem finding sufficient labourers!

And then - look - opportunity knocks - in the form of mostly strong, healthy, motivated young man, who'd gladly work for pennies where the natives would ask pounds! What miracle, what lucky twist of fate!

Come on, Britain, rule the world again: house them, feed them, give them work, make them part of the proud, labour deprived British society, that they may serve you well and ease the burden placed on your shoulders!

Hurray!
edit on 29-7-2015 by ForteanOrg because: he made them work for two women named Penny where they actually work for pennies

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It has made it worse with the bedroom tax.

The main issue with housing is that in the 80's and 90's they sold lots of affordable council houses then did not build new ones in there place thus population growing no houses that are indeed affordable.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

we pay enough tax to cover that

No we don't, not even close, hence the deficit and the cuts you hate! If you dislike the cuts, it means higher taxes - which would you rather?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

No one is telling me to work for longer, for less... Who's saying that?

And we're not short on labour either, there are still over 1.5 Million unemployed.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is no such thing as the "bedroom tax" and, I'm sure you know this already as you're well informed, Gordon Brown introduced the under-occupancy penalty in 2007 for private tenants in receipt of housing benefit, yet no one bleeted about it then!

Oh...

Didn't you know?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

well as it goes we don't get much choice in that . they do what they want when i comes to deciding the budget for the year.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
If the army is involved its only a matter of time before they start shooting and we start counting body's, is PC Europe ready for that ? and if the army has to shoot to defend its self how long before the nutcases in other country's take this as a sign the minority cultures are free game. Its a mess that is only going to get worse

Dont be stupid. I bet they would not even be armed. Worse you will get is a few broken noses and cracked ribs.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

my cousin lost his council flat from been under occupied .
edit on 29-7-2015 by dingdongdoodah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join