It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
Who is dehumanising them or calling them vermin? Not I.

I wasn't suggesting you were, I should have made that clear in my post and I apologize for the unintentional insinuation.

I realise that the countries they come from are far from perfect and actually, the UK has spent billions in aid trying to help, but the people who live in and run those countries don't seem interested in doing the right thing, just lining their pockets.

The problem is we've spent billions in "aid" when a large amount of it goes straight into "charities" set up by corrupt people in those corrupt governments lining their own pockets. And we're supposed to believe that our governments are doing this out the kindness of their hearts and completely ignorant to the massive corruption they are feeding, while also getting great deals for the corporations they themselves have shares in... or great arrangements for military cooperation... or to secure a ten-year deal on the sale of "non-lethal" weapons to subdue their own angry population... or beneficial arrangements for top secret torture centers for our American buddies... or...

Yeah, we're giving them all this money just because we're nice like that.

The only aid we give that's actually worth a damn is the money the people raise every year through things like Comic Relief, at least you know then that some of it is actually going to the people we actually want to help. Even then, there are always going to be massive questions about how that money is spent and how much of it is wasted on just getting "access" to those countries to help those people.

Then, of course, you have people like our lovely Queen, who actively ignores the abuses carried out by Commonwealth countries, and even went so far as to blatantly ignore mentioning people under attack for their sexuality in those countries while making a statement on Human Rights.

There is only so much we can do before you have to ask why don't they do something about it themselves?

I agree, but what we've done is meddle for profit, prop up regimes which abuse their own people, and all while doing nothing real to improve their situation. The we complain when those people want to seek a better life in another country.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
The thing that scares me the most about this all is the dehumanization of a massive number of people, the complete detachment of the Human from the "mob" or "invaders".

I don't think they are being dehumanised. They are just not wanted. There is no room in the UK, nor need for thousands of young men most of whom have no education or interest in the UK, except to escape poverty. They are working as a mob, as the Calais authorities will attest.

At the moment in the UK there's already a housing shortage. Why make it worse?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't have much sympathy for these people because if they were eligible to come into this country legitimately, they would, but clearly they can't or don't choose to.

Its fine to be sad and sorry for these people, but in truth none of them arriving in the manner they intend will have been checked so we will know nothing about them and they will simply disappear. They are likely to pose a risk to us both medically and criminally and could well cost our already stretched medical services here as we have no guarantee they are healthy or what diseases they could spread within the communities they go to. Further more, we don't know about their criminal activities which clearly, were they to use legitimate means to come here, should be exposed.

Sorry its how I genuinely feel and I'm not going to lie to placate the bleeding hearts around. We are brimming with immigrants and are at suturation point, our housing, doctors, education etc etc is all over subscribed and its getting worse, which means trouble in the future, which I don't want - does any one else?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Well we don't seem to have a problem in letting all the pomes come over here and steal our 150k a year mining jobs, simply because they like the lifestyle and want to earn a higher wage. But when its a 3rd world person, the borders are closed, apparently.

Actually, while I am on your side with regard to the way migrants are being treated, this is not true.
One of my dearest friends emigrated to Australia with her then partner, and it wasn't easy. It was made easier by the fact that they had been in a relationship for so long, but for someone to simply emigrate to Australia you have to have a verifiable skill on a specific list.

However, there are also plenty of people who go to Australia for a "holiday" and then vanish for ten years, only to reappear as an Australian citizen once adequate time has passed to make deportation no longer viable.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
given the choice I put the rights and well being of the iBritish population first.

Have you just accidentally leaked a new tech development by Apple?
iBritish?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Im fed up of my local motorway (M20) being on lock down due to these vermin.

I rest my case.

smdh

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I don't think they are being dehumanised.

originally posted by: crazyewok Im fed up of my local motorway (M20) being on lock down due to these vermin.

originally posted by: Shiloh7 we have no guarantee they are healthy or what diseases they could spread within the communities they go to.

Sorry, but you're clearly wrong.
They are directly being described as "disease ridden vermin" within two pages of this discussion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Good thread so far, and to be honest I agree with most of what you say Stu Mason, except I do believe the only way to describe this is invasion. I think we need to stop making this small country so attractive, £10,000 is a sound investment when you consider the benefits and quality of you can get once here

I have said it before and will say it again, its our policys that are to blame not so much the people wanting to come here, we have had immigration here for countless years, and it could be a good thing again but this uncontrolled mass imigration is not only detramental to our ecconomy, culture and general way of life, but also to the many fine hard working immigrants who have settled and coexhisted with us. it seems more and more that in general the, anti immigrant sentiment is becoming more popular. and this could only lead to mass civil unrest, the army should be called in and a clear message of you are not needed or welcome here should be sent out. S&F for your post OP

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: crazyewok
Im fed up of my local motorway (M20) being on lock down due to these vermin.

I rest my case.

smdh

Rest it.

Criminals that put me at risk are vermin. I make no apologies on my wording.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Australia? British? Immigration Policy? you couldn't make it up. wasn't so long ago (50 years) Aboriginal peoples you know, The true Australians, were classed as Flora and Fauna.

They we us used to hunt them for sport. Shooting them as they climbed into trees to escape, then laugh as they stuffed Leaves in the bullet holes in their bodies.

White People from the UK moving to Australia are called, Ex Pats whether they have lived in Australia at some point or not and are generally welcomed with open arms, Everyone else not so white = Immigrants.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

By one person, who does have a penchant for colourful language, hardly indicative...

a reply to: dam00

The weird thing is, the benefits in France are generally more generous - but they come here because they can speak the language for the most part, along with existing family/community connections.

The only reason I shy away from calling it an "invasion" as that is alarmist and causes you to think in very negative ways.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Please don't deflect or try to derail the thread Solo - we know you like to hijack things, but lets keep this on the here and now, not problems from another years ago that had nothing to do with us.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Please don't deflect or try to derail the thread Solo - we know you like to hijack things, but lets keep this on the here and now, not problems from another years ago that had nothing to do with us.

You started a thread on Immigration into the UK, I'm merely pointing out the sheer Hypocrisy on anything Immigration coming from anyone who lives in the UK and or Australia at present..

over and out.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Meh, fair point I suppose, but it's that tired old argument we see all over - "x did this in the 50's", "y did this in the 18th century"... How far back do you want to go? No one is blameless...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
And I think the fact remains that we have so many thousands of people for whom life in their own countries is so unbearably awful that they feel their best option is to walk away from everything they own, where they grew up, everybody they know, and start a mad trek to a foreign land with no guarantees of even getting a meal w hen they get there.

It's... I really struggle to imagine how awful their lives must be that this is the course of action they choose.

We should at least have sympathy for people in terrible situations.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: stumason

What you're advocating is akin to Australia allowing anyone from Europe to just move there because we want a better life in the Sun, not because we're fleeing persecution.

Well we don't seem to have a problem in letting all the pomes come over here and steal our 150k a year mining jobs, simply because they like the lifestyle and want to earn a higher wage. But when its a 3rd world person, the borders are closed, apparently.

Are you for letting anyone into Australia, no matter what? That's what you're asking us to do.

We should all at least fairly process anyone who attempts to enter our borders, to establish whether they are genuine refugee's

Though, your probably asking the wrong person mate. I'm totally against being bound to borders and think everyone should have the right to travel, live and work in what ever country they choose. I'm a NWO advocate.

But, coming from a more economically responsible point of view, I think Australia could easily handle at least 20 million more people. So people coming here really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

It does seem a little over populated over there in the UK though, if I was being honest. I sometimes look at the UK on google maps and just get blown away on how 60 million people could all live on such a small island, lol.

Wow....just wow. We could handle another 20 million. I reckon i have been on ATS for about 10 years now and I have read some doozies....but this takes the cake.

Please...just answer me 2 questions and you dont have to be exact. Can you please tell me but roughly which state and a rough location are you from. And what do you do for work.

p.s....i am from sydney and i work in healthcare.
edit on 2972015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Many weren't in "terrible" situations, but are simply looking for a better life. You can't blame them for that, but to paint them all as victims fleeing horrors is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

White People from the UK moving to Australia are called, Ex Pats whether they have lived in Australia at some point or not and are generally welcomed with open arms, Everyone else not so white = Immigrants.

Difference is they went through LEGAL channels. Would have been screened for health problems and Criminal records and would not have put others lives in danger by reckless means of crossing the border.

If you are so concerned with the plight of these people why don't YOU sponsor some to come in legaly and put them up in YOUR home?

I have helped a few LEGAL asylum seekers in the past, put your money were your mouth is.
edit on 29-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Can you please tell me but roughly which state and a rough location are you from.

Born and raised in the leafy eastern suburbs of Melbourne. But I have traveled, seen and lived in every part of Australia. It's a big sparse country out there... you'll probably realize that once you get out of the over populated major cities.

I live in central northern Victoria atm.

And what do you do for work.

General labourer and factory line worker mostly. But I'm a free spirit at heart and have done all kinds of different things to earn a dollar.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

Many weren't in "terrible" situations, but are simply looking for a better life. You can't blame them for that, but to paint them all as victims fleeing horrors is incorrect.

And as you pointed out there are plenty of legal option open to them for entry.

There is no excuse for putting peoples life's at risk to enter the country and avoid criminal and health checks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join