It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV's new show "White People"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Actually....the mythbusters proved that a lead balloon would fly...

Now, a fart in church.....i think that'll get you the kind of negative response analogy you're looking for...
edit on 7-9-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

originally posted by: redtic
MTV is desperate for attention, be it positive or negative. This is proof. They used to be relevant, now they aren't.

www.ibtimes.com...

If they want attention, maybe they should....um....try playing Music Videos again?

Well, that's really the crux of the issue, isn't it? That model worked well in the 80s and 90s, but wouldn't fly today, so they're still striving to find themselves. Still waiting for The Buggles to come out with their new hit - "Internet Killed the Video Star"...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Holy wall of nonsense text....

You're one of those "social justice" types, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well,that show looks like a steaming pile of crap.
Man,what is it with the US media always tring to segregate people into different groups these days?
Anyone would think they have some kind of "divide and conquer" type government driven agenda.
Oh,now that I mention it..

Thankfully most people(at least the ones with brain cells)see this as the BS it is.

We all came from Africa originally-so what if people are different skin colors or have different cultural beliefs-as long as they don't wish to harm others,let them be.
When the Aliens come to harvest us,we will soon forget about our differences.

People should concentrate on the common decent things we all share instead of making programs which attempt to drive wedges between us.

TV,you suck.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

MTV is desperate for attention, be it positive or negative. This is proof. They used to be relevant, now they aren't.

www.ibtimes.com...

If they want attention, maybe they should....um....try playing Music Videos again?

Well, that's really the crux of the issue, isn't it? That model worked well in the 80s and 90s, but wouldn't fly today, so they're still striving to find themselves. Still waiting for The Buggles to come out with their new hit - "Internet Killed the Video Star"...

Holy crap - well.. there you go..

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

A point of specificity, if i may.....

Nobody's comparing the "stars and bars" to the nazi flag...."people", more specifically, for the purposes of this statement, the ignorant young man in the video, is comparing the southern cross to the nazi flag.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wait, according to the media, 'race doesn't matter' - which is the way it should be. But to make money and push an agenda they do this kinda #?

F-you MTV. lol

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: grandmakdw

White people should be all for laws that benefit minorities.

After all, they're going to be minorities themselves eventually. The laws they pass to help minorities today will be the laws that help them in the future.

I can't wait until I can sit back and collect EBT and have my healthcare all paid for by others....been a long time coming. One day I will get mine....#whitelivesmatter /sarcasm

You forgot about the rioting in the Hamptons and in Hollywood. I can't wait, so many Rolexs to be had. Going to have to send someone into the burning grocery store to clear out all the Fiji Water and Organic greens too.

Ha! Oh my belly hurts. Someone needs to make a spoof show or short movie on "white riots". That may go down as one of the funniest images I have read on ATS. Whole Foods riots.....LOL!!!!!

Oh....I can see it all so clearly. Two white women that know each other from the same "hood" run into each other in a burning Whole Foods and in the mix of looting they get caught up in a conversation....something like "Becky?" What are you doing here? I thought you guys were in Barbados. How's your mother in law doing? Don;t even think about taking that Maldon salt...I will pull your hair out bitch."

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Bed Bath and Beyond and Brookstones better watch out!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You know if took all the races in a pot, and beated and mixed them around and poured it into city like a river, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

My god...the horror....

#TheStruggleIsReal

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
You know if took all the races in a pot, and beated and mixed them around and released it into city like a river, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Who you kidding, that city would have a huge red stain and smell awful, I could tell the difference. Also, Dahmer, is that you?

edit on 9-7-2015 by AbstractDreamz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

White guilt again and propaganda this time being pushed by the progressive scum bags over at MTV. Look at MTV's show lineup and ask yourself what is the real point of this show.......Come on Americans we are not this gullible. MTV is run by and pushes agendas that actually destroy family values. And before you say.....Well this is what the young people want to see........They are brainwashed since birth on what they should and should not value and see.

I like my plan.........Who cares what color you are..........I no longer see color just the actions the person takes in relation to the values they believe.
edit on 9-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Now, Now, in this new politically correct, socially just world we live in, you must be inclusive in all things....

So it's not just blacks....there's a whole list...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'm very hopeful about this because I'm thinking this will force white youth to really begin to examine what place, if any, they have in the future of the US. Hopefully, at the end of the process of watching this movie and talking about it with their friends, families and school mates, they'll really start to give their future some deep thought. It would be a big help in that effort if concomitant with this movie, someone in a leadership position, perhaps again....MTV, began to reopen the debate about Reparations, the form they would take, who would pay them and how the repayment would be made. That would be a big help in getting white youth to really start thinking about how much its going to cost them if they stay in the US.

One thing I hope that comes through to the white youth viewers is that, being white, saying "I'm sorry" is never going to be enough. They're white and much more is expected of them in terms of what they owe non-white society. Once that comes through to them, I think they'll finally begin to see how hopelessly difficult a future in the US is going to be for them.

What an absolute load of garbage! The only people that need to evaluate their place in the future of the US is people who think like you!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

From men women and children to the whites and the blacks. If I was a cannibal I bet they all still taste like iron and salt.

And no...
edit on 9-7-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It would be a big help in that effort if concomitant with this movie, someone in a leadership position, perhaps again....MTV, began to reopen the debate about Reparations, the form they would take, who would pay them and how the repayment would be made. That would be a big help in getting white youth to really start thinking about how much its going to cost them if they stay in the US.

What about those of us whose ancestors didn't immigrate to the US until long after the civil war was over and slavery abolished? How is it in any way fair that my non-slave owning ancestors who were against slavery equals reparations paid by me?

Geez, if some people would put as much effort into getting a job as they did in looking for free handouts...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: MoreBeer

Now, Now, in this new politically correct, socially just world we live in, you must be inclusive in all things....

So it's not just blacks....there's a whole list...

Sorry about that. I shouldn't be so microaggressive.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

A fart in a spacesuit?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Remember kids, it's only racist if a white person says it!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Surely this is satire. Are you kidding me? You think white youth need to reexamine what place, IF ANY, they will have in the future of America? You are simply so incredibly brainwashed you really need to think about what place you may have in the future of the country.

White youth of today don't owe non-white people anything. This is an insane notion. Reparations?? Get out of here. I am livid at this post and actually terribly offended if you are for real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join