It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV's new show "White People"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: grandmakdw

White people should be all for laws that benefit minorities.

After all, they're going to be minorities themselves eventually. The laws they pass to help minorities today will be the laws that help them in the future.

You are correct.

See my post on page one, that was exactly one of the points I was making.

Do you honestly think that within 5 years white children in the US will be accorded minority status and rights? Because within 5 years white children will be a minority in the US.

I personally think, as demonstrated by MTV
that there is too much hate for white people
and too much animosity to accord them
minority rights once they are an actual minority.
I think hypocrisy and revenge will rule
rather than fairness and justice.
Because that is the way of the US far left now,
who are actually ruling the country now,
and the way of political correctness.

edit on 11Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:41:30 -0500am70907amk094 by grandmakdw because: addition

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

After all, they're going to be minorities themselves eventually. The laws they pass to help minorities today will be the laws that help them in the future.

I can't wait until I can sit back and collect EBT and have my healthcare all paid for by others....been a long time coming. One day I will get mine....#whitelivesmatter /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You don't have to be the majority to hold the power.

The 1% richest people on the planet are the most powerful -- and they're just 1% of us.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I can't wait until I can sit back and collect EBT and have my healthcare all paid for by others....been a long time coming. One day I will get mine....#whitelivesmatter /sarcasm

You forgot about the rioting in the Hamptons and in Hollywood. I can't wait, so many Rolexs to be had. Going to have to send someone into the burning grocery store to clear out all the Fiji Water and Organic greens too.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Who is going to Moderate this thread every moderator online is on it ? Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

You forgot about the rioting in the Hamptons and in Hollywood. I can't wait, so many Rolexs to be had. Going to have to send someone into the burning grocery store to clear out all the Fiji Water and Organic greens too.

Ha! Oh my belly hurts. Someone needs to make a spoof show or short movie on "white riots". That may go down as one of the funniest images I have read on ATS. Whole Foods riots.....LOL!!!!!

Oh....I can see it all so clearly. Two white women that know each other from the same "hood" run into each other in a burning Whole Foods and in the mix of looting they get caught up in a conversation....something like "Becky?" What are you doing here? I thought you guys were in Barbados. How's your mother in law doing? Don;t even think about taking that Maldon salt...I will pull your hair out bitch."
edit on 7/9/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You don't have to be the majority to hold the power.

The 1% richest people on the planet are the most powerful -- and they're just 1% of us.

So are you saying that in reality
it will be fair and just
to deny white people when
they are a minority
the rights and protection
accorded other races?

Very few white people are
in power, the majority are like me,
holding zero power,
and at the mercy of the government,

who by the way is currently controlled
at the Presidential level by almost exclusively
minorities.

Or
have you forgotten that the President,
Attorney General,
and the vast majority of Presidential political appointees
that are running the US
are black or minorities?

edit on 11Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:49:54 -0500am70907amk094 by grandmakdw because: addition format grammar

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

More black racism, black superiority, and black privilege being displayed in the media.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Who is going to Moderate this thread every moderator online is on it ? Lol

Sure not one of the white ones....that would be racially prejudiced.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh gawd more white people playing the victim....hilarious

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Oh gawd more white people playing the victim....hilarious

Just as hilarious as black people playing victim non stop ehh?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am tired of being numbered and classified by Government and the media.

Thats the point.

Picking sides causes separation and encourages deflection versus concentration on the real issues.

Racism, sexuality, political party are all issues exploited by the MSM , Corporations, and Gov't to get the people to pick a side to ensure unity does not occur. Once the people unite they can focus on who are creating the problems and what the real issues are.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let's just put this into context..

If you heard mtv was coming out with a new show called, "Black People", do you think it would have even aired?

I think no.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm kinda torn.....

On the one hand, it looks like it's trying to address this sad state we're currently in, where political correctness, and "social justice" is outright strangling civilization and culture...

On the other hand though, it looks like it could just be another rash of moronic "social justice" identity politics drivel, disguised as something halfway intelligent.....after all, it IS MTV...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

That would be racist, unjust, oppressive etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh, that's a "microaggression"....can't be doing that....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Any attempt at making people acknowledge their own privilege and how that privilege may affect others is normally a good thing.

My hesitance is that it's MTV... I'm not too confident they will handle this with academia's best interests in mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

1. Wading pool level research (Check, but will re-evaluate when I watch)
  2. Over representation from college age persons (Check)
  3. Following the latest 'edgy' cultural trends in a cutting trailer with a vapid 'feel good' conclusion (Jury is out)

MTV has a history of exploiting specific demographics for other people's entertainment and I don't think this is an exception particularly.

Bad transcription for those that can't be bothered watching:
"You can see why they call them that, why they called them that, and still call them that. (the one who takes the best meat)

For some people, that might be oh my god that's a racialized thing against white people, but who's framing that? The construction of racism has benefited white people, not people of color, certainly not Native Americans."

"What I hope this film does, is get us closer, right? To the fuller reckoning in history of this country which has yet to really be told."

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest this program isn't actually about white people at all. Racism is horrible. Countries hiding history is common and also horrible. There are issues and problems etc etc etc ... /end preamble.

Unless the end of this film has some startling, insightful, and amazing conclusion, this film maker doesn't have the answer.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Pinke because: Formating

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think the most shocking part about this whole thing is that people still actually watch MTV.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I agree with this.....i don't believe in "color races".....i believe in humanity. Blacks are no less human than Asians, who are no less human than Hispanics, who are no less human than Europeans, who are no less human than Whites, etc, etc...

Unless the aliens have landed, the only actual race on this planet, is humanity....But according to the university of Wisconsin, saying that is a "microaggression"...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join