It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Care to elaborate on why you think this is insane and that they are nuts?

If that child is wired that way then there is nothing you and I and anyone else can do. Transgender children forced to change tend to have many emotional and mental problems.

Psychology is pseudoscience, and no neurological evidence exists that suggests gender is separate from physical sex.

This is like taking a schizophrenic and pretending like his delusions are real.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

If that child is wired that way then there is nothing you and I and anyone else can do. Transgender children forced to change tend to have many emotional and mental problems.

Psychology is pseudoscience, and no neurological evidence exists that suggests gender is separate from physical sex.

There is indeed neurological evidence supporting it. If you haven't found any, it is only because you haven't looked it up. Harvard is just one place to start.

I'm seriously not interested in finding the information for people anymore because they normally just move the goalposts after spending time doing their research for them. It's there if you want to learn about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It is "newish" science, however there are many studies currently ongoing.

The APA Removes "Gender Identity Disorder" From Updated Mental Health Guide

By Dani Heffernan, Senior Media Strategist at GLAAD |
December 3, 2012
On Saturday, the American Psychiatric Association’s board of trustees approved changes to the latest version of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) that will remove the term “Gender Identity Disorder” (GID) which has historically been used by mental health professionals to diagnose transgender individuals. Simultaneously, the term “Gender Dysphoria” will be used to describe emotional distress over “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.”

www.glaad.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Brain Sex does not Exist

Have you researched your link?

It appears to be a WordPress blog.

The one article is presented by an Austrailian journalist.

It appears to be a collection of articles under the WordPress title: Origin Theme

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just one.

Transsexual difference caught on brain scan

They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.05.006). "It's the first time it has been shown that the brains of female-to-male transsexual people are masculinised," Guillamon says.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Good god! people should at least wait till the kid at least hit puberty.

If this procedure on a 2 yr old is legal, its just a legalized child abuse.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Good god! people should at least wait till the kid at least hit puberty.

If this procedure on a 2 yr old is legal, its just a legalized child abuse.

NO they shouldn't.

Puberty is too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: VoidHawk

. . . is the fact that children of two years old (when this all strarted?) have no real sense of self, they are an extention of the parent.

According to who?

So, for a two year old to be saying such things just goes to prove the idea came from the parent!

According to who?

Its very well known FACT that at two years old children are an extention of the parent, they have no real sense of self, just go ask ANY child psychologist.
Therefore, this childs idea that it wants to change sex has come from the parent!

According to Piaget, the understanding of `self as an object in space' develops after the understanding of other objects, and does not emerge until the middle of the second year

Whilst the sense of self emerges during the second year it still takes a while to fully develop. So, now that we know this, we have to wonder where a two year old gets the idea that it wants to change sex!

I could link you to some youtube psychology lectures where you can learn this fact, but I suspect you dont really want to know?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I could link you to some youtube psychology lectures where you can learn this fact, but I suspect you dont really want to know?

Depends on date and who it's by.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

. . . is the fact that children of two years old (when this all strarted?) have no real sense of self, they are an extention of the parent.

According to who?

So, for a two year old to be saying such things just goes to prove the idea came from the parent!

According to who?

Its very well known FACT that at two years old children are an extention of the parent, they have no real sense of self, just go ask ANY child psychologist.
Therefore, this childs idea that it wants to change sex has come from the parent!

According to Piaget, the understanding of `self as an object in space' develops after the understanding of other objects, and does not emerge until the middle of the second year

ok names those you wont listen to.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These stupid 'parents' should be locked up, and never given access to any child again.

Any 'doctor,' 'lawyer,' 'therapist,' 'shrink' - whoever participated in this madness in any way should be locked up and never given access to any child EVER again.

WTF is wrong with people?

WTF!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

According to who?

According to who?

ok names those you wont listen to.

Seriously?

Present your evidence and let posters comment.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is bait, and it's a story about a child. It's a medical condition, not a social situation for those unaffected to analyze. This forum is hostile at times despite the T&C.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join