It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OK,

A two year old verbalizes that her sexual identity is in question and the parents have a "family therapy team" for her in place at age 4?

Really? No political or social motivation here right?

This is insane. Either these parents are looking for their 15 seconds of fame or they are truly nuts and drinking the psycho-babble Kool-Aid.

boston.cbslocal.com...

He’s talking about the name ‘Mia,’ which was scrapped last June, when his parents and family therapy team concluded the then four-year old was transgender — a little girl wired as a little boy.

“That’s the kind of psychological burden that I don’t think anyone should have to deal with, especially not my child,” Jacob’s mother Mimi said. They say this wasn’t tomboy stuff or some passing phase.

Mia began verbalizing it at age two, triggering a long family struggle with the subject, as the little girl grew increasingly unhappy and withdrawn — stuck with a gender she did not embrace. “Started insisting that it’s not that she liked boy things, but that she was a boy,” Mimi said.
edit on 24-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

Yup, I stopped right there.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Care to elaborate on why you think this is insane and that they are nuts?

If that child is wired that way then there is nothing you and I and anyone else can do. Transgender children forced to change tend to have many emotional and mental problems.
edit on 4/24/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

If that child is wired that way then there is nothing you and I and anyone else can do. Transgender children forced to change tend to have many emotional and mental problems.

Do I really have to elaborate on why I believe a 2 year old doesn't understand or cares about their "sexual identity" without being directed from an outside influence?

Have any kids?

I have 4. At two years old, the only "sexual identity" issue they care about is if they like the "my little pony" or the "superman" shirt more or the "toy truck" over the "barbie doll".

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So you think it is ok to force children? Don't you think that will cause problems?

Do I have any kids? Yes. What does that have to do with this?

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So you think it is ok to force children? Don't you think that will cause problems?

Do I have any kids? Yes. What does that have to do with this?

Force what? Cloths, toys? Their name?

At two years old? Who is the parent here?

The kid might cry for ice cream 5 times a day, that doesn't mean I am going to give them ice cream because that is what they think is good for them.

This is a 2 year old baby.... You are the Parent.... Get it?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It's called Y Chromosome.

Hardwired into the MALE.

Hardwired...Y....

Geesh, easy genetics lesson.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yes it's easy. I suggest that you study more.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Force what? Cloths, toys? Their name?

Don't be silly. We are talking about sexual identity here. Sexual identity is hardwired. You cannot change that.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

A two year old doesn't know what that is or care.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I have 4. At two years old, the only "sexual identity" issue they care about is if they like the "my little pony" or the "superman" shirt more or the "toy truck" over the "barbie doll".

The reason that's the only sexual identity issues your children experience is because they don't have any actual issues. A cisgender person never has to think about it nor is it something they put a second thought into. A child with dysphoria feels completely different and knows there is something wrong with their body.

I learned early in my life that it was not "acceptable" in society for me to express my discomfort in my body or that my genitalia was completely alien to me so I did the opposite and kept it closely hidden like many people end up doing.

If my child were going through the same thing, I would simply allow them to express how they feel and address them however they want to be addressed (or use gender-neutral pronouns until they get older). I think parents who encourage it and cement it into the child's ego may be taking some risks. There is a safe middle ground with dysphoric children that allows them to not feel shame yet doesn't paint them into a corner they feel they are stuck with.

Despite all of the pain a person goes through growing up like this in silence, I'm thankful that I survived it and now have a wife and daughter. That's something I may have never done had I transitioned during childhood.

With children, it's a double-edged sword and there's not a perfect answer yet.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Listen...my daughter insists shes a super hero at 4 years old...should I graft a cape to her? That is until she decides shes a Girrafe at age 5 and we decide we had better lengthen her neck?

This recent trend is absurd....if we find out laterr the child is gay. .isnt that ok? What a bunch of foolishness reply to: Deaf Alien

edit on 24-4-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2015 by hsvenforcer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Please don't be so silly.

Study up on sexual identity please before you make a fool out of yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yes it's easy. I suggest that you study more.

XY = male

XX = female

How hard is that to grasp? So your liberalism trumps science while at the same time telling others that they are stupid if they don't agree with science?

YOU say it is normal for a 2 year-old kid to WANT to change their gender, because it satisfies the emotional needs of the parents?

Changing gender does not change DNA. DNA determines gender. Regardless of whether you like it or not, DNA determines male or female, not the overemotional, liberal kool aid drinking mom.

Now how many links shall we be forced to post about how DNA determines gender in Homo Sapien Sapien?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

XY = male

XX = female

How hard is that to grasp? So your liberalism trumps science while at the same time telling others that they are stupid if they don't agree with science?

Yes that's the sex of their bodies. What does that have to do with sexual identity? There are studies that gender identity may be hardwired in brains.

[edit] - Sorry I meant gender identity. Sorry for the confusion lol.
edit on 4/24/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Who is the fool? Im a parent...whether you say so or not...its obvious you are not. Why dont you answer the questions posed rather than cadting disparaging remarks. reply to: Deaf Alien

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Because I don't want to answer a silly post. Super hero? Giraffe? That's normal for children to imagine things. Gender identity is a completely different thing.

And yes I am a parent.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Please don't be so silly.

Study up on sexual identity please before you make a fool out of yourself.

SEXUAL identity in a 2 year-old?

SEXUAL identity....SEXUAL...do you get it?

This isn't about gender, it is about placing onto a 2 year-old the adult concept and understanding of SEX, because to you, they are discovering their SEXual identity.

Sexual identity is how one thinks of oneself in terms of whom one is romantically or sexually attracted to.[1] Sexual identity may also refer to sexual orientation identity, which is when people identify or dis-identify with a sexual orientation or choose not to identify with a sexual orientation.[2] Sexual identity and sexual behavior are closely related to sexual orientation, but they are distinguished, with identity referring to an individual's conception of themselves, behavior referring to actual sexual acts performed by the individual, and sexual orientation referring to romantic or sexual attractions toward the opposite sex, the same sex, both sexes, or having no attractions.[1]

Romance? Sexually attracted to?

THAT'S SEXual identity. So you are going to tell us here and now that a 2 year-old wants to change their gender because they are romantically attracted to the same gender?

YOU placed the idea of sex onto a child, thereby making it a sexually understanding person.

ETA: did you mean sexual identity? Or did you mean the 2 year-old child is capable of understanding their gender for the purpose of sexual identity?
edit on 4/24/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Good thing that you edited your post. You had to go there but it's ok.

Anyway I find it curious that you and others have not replied to Cuervo's post. Very curious indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join