It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
5 is not the time to start making concrete gender decisions.

They are not making any concrete decisions, no one is forcing anything on this child.

originally posted by: crazyewok
Just let the little kid express himself as he see fit. No silly journeys.

Which is exactly what they are doing.

You (and others) are acting as though they plan to surgically alter this child, when that is clearly not the case. They have sought the best advice and gone down the right path to make their child as happy as possible, and openly state in the article that if their child does decide that this was a "phase" or something there will be far less of a problem than forcing their child to conform to something that child does not feel is right.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Rocker2013

And this one line adequately shows the level of ignorance transgender people have to endure.

It's not about genitals

For the love of Gaia would people please read a f-ing book once in a while?

Tell them that not me!

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, I should have perhaps responded to the person you responded to

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Oh god thank you so much for that post. I hope that gets through to them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

And if true (and I very much doubt that there is ANY fact in that post) it's a criminal act.

To be honest, if a random forum post seemingly deliberately written by a propagandist is your "proof" of your point you might as well give up now.

Go and find a genuine and proven story in the US relating to this issue to prove your position.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

If they insist they are the wrong sex, you reinforce that boy/girl is determined by the organs and that's the end of it.

Right. So you think they are too dumb to recognize their own bodies?

They dont need to recognize anything. If your child has a penis you point at it and say "THAT MEANS YOURE A BOY"

If child has a vagina you point at it and say "THAT MAKES YOU A GIRL"

It's the DEFINITION of the word for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!

The parents are the ones to blame here because they are so open-minded that they couldn't even bring themselves to provide real tangible FACTS in the face of their young childs random (normal) capricious imagination. So open-minded their brains fell out!! But that's about par for the course with radical progressives....

Here we go again... those silly analogies. What does wanting to be a tiger, a zebra, a martian, unicorn (and what other posters said super hero and giraffe) have to do with this?

It has to do with the reality that young children are very IMAGINATIVE, and they fantasize constantly. Remember when we all were going to be a fireman, spaceman or veterinarian ????

To raise functional human beings sometimes you have to break it to them that they can't change certain things in the real world. One of those things is the sex you were born. People can't just BE whatever they want to BE. Do you not understand this?? I can't change my race, my height, my eye color etc. Gender is no different. Telling our children otherwise is simply raising a person who can't accept the rigid reality of THE REAL WORLD.
edit on 25-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You know what I find pretty disturbing? So many people suggest that this is all inflicting something on the child, when presumably none of these people have expressed any problem with circumcision, something that we know is pointless, and something that we know is done for nothing more than aesthetic reasons and at the wish of ignorant parents.

It's baffling to me how anyone can claim that allowing a child to grow shielded from the threat of physical and mental abuse and turmoil is wrong, while ignoring the actual physical abuse of boys across your country.

While you claim that this is something gender related being "inflicted" on this child, you presumably have no problem with the genuine act of inflicting physical deformity on a child for purely aesthetic reasons?
edit on 25-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

And if true (and I very much doubt that there is ANY fact in that post) it's a criminal act.

To be honest, if a random forum post seemingly deliberately written by a propagandist is your "proof" of your point you might as well give up now.

Go and find a genuine and proven story in the US relating to this issue to prove your position.

Uhhh seriously???? It happens all the time. David Reimer's penis was removed with only his parents consent, and he was forced to take hormone pills to stop male puberty. Later in life he found out the truth and reverted to being a man, but everything had focked him up so bad that he eventualy KILLED HIMSELF.

Or here's another one for ya:

Try searching google for the terms: raising boy as a girl

It's really sad how many results you'll find.

This stuff is real and happens all too often.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

hahaha I know the feeling, no too derail too much, but my God little girls have intriguing imaginations to say the least! Mine just wants a horse...hehe she is of the "princess" variety

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow
As a single mother I can't tell you how often my boys used to pick up feminine habits of mine that we didn't even notice until we went out of town to my Dad's.
We put a stop to them. We explained that I'm a girl and I can do that but they are boys and they really shouldn't.

I watched Jazz's video. I have no bad feelings or ill intentions towards any child. Seeing that this child was getting such sever hate mail was more disturbing than being worried about a child's wish to experiment with gender.

edit on 25-4-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So you choose to ignore the fact that these gender issues have existed throughout our recorded Human history, and you ignore that these "progressives" as you call them have seemingly existed throughout various cultures across Human history, and led to the suicides of hundreds of thousands of people who experienced ignorance like yours on a daily basis.

You seem to want to pretend that this is all new, and part of some new and "confused" movement. The reality, of course, is that you know absolutely nothing more than your own prejudice allows. You claim all kinds of things in your comments, but this is not backed up by reality.

You claim that these parents are ignoring reality in favor of being "open minded", but you yourself are ignoring the REALITY of gender issues in an effort to reject the entire reality, a reality which has existed for thousands of years. While you're ranting about them being so open minded, you're exposing the fact that really you're just so closed minded you can't accept something that is proven to exist, and has existed for thousands of years.

I'll bet any money you feel the same way about homosexuality too, right?
edit on 25-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You know what I find pretty disturbing? So many people suggest that this is all inflicting something on the child, when presumably none of these people have expressed any problem with circumcision, something that we know is pointless, and something that we know is done for nothing more than aesthetic reasons and at the wish of ignorant parents.

It's baffling to me how anyone can claim that allowing a child to grow shielded from the threat of physical and mental abuse and turmoil is wrong, while ignoring the actual physical abuse of boys across your country.

While you claim that this is something gender related being "inflicted" on this child, you presumably have no problem with the genuine act of inflicting physical deformity on a child for purely aesthetic reasons?

Who is this directed at ? I am massively against circumcision. It's disgusting that even the most minute cut to the clitoral hood of a female (some ceremonial versions that don't really remove any of the genital flesh) is met with screaming outcry, yet here in the USA we allow parents to mutilate their little boys penises and furthermore allow a grown man to suck the blood out with his mouth (giving a bnch of babies herpes for life).

DISGUSTING.

Just had a newborn baby boy recently, and if he wants to cut 1/4 of the skin of his dick off one day, that's up to him. But I'm certainly not making that permanent decision for him!!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So you choose to ignore the fact that these gender issues have existed throughout our recorded Human history, and you ignore that these "progressives" as you call them have seemingly existed throughout various cultures across Human history, and led to the suicides of hundreds of thousands of people who experienced ignorance like yours on a daily basis.

You seem to want to pretend that this is all new, and part of some new and "confused" movement. The reality, of course, is that you know absolutely nothing more than your own prejudice allows. You claim all kinds of things in your comments, but this is not backed up by reality.

You claim that these parents are ignoring reality in favor of being "open minded", but you yourself are ignoring the REALITY of gender issues in an effort to reject the entire reality, a reality which has existed for thousands of years. While you're ranting about them being so open minded, you're exposing the fact that really you're just so closed minded you can't accept something that is proven to exist, and has existed for thousands of years.

OMG whoa.... reality ignoring reality, so what can possily be real, if being more real than real, means reality is defined by nothing, therby denying that reality can't become real until you decide it's real.... but is real actually reality????

Real deep and profound there buddy LOL.

Blah blah psychobabble bullsh|t....
edit on 25-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Never mind. I'll just let people figure it out.
edit on 4/25/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I am massively against circumcision. It's disgusting that even the most minute cut to the clitoral hood of a female (some ceremonial versions that don't really remove any of the genital flesh) is met with screaming outcry, yet here in the USA we allow parents to mutilate their little boys penises and furthermore allow a grown man to suck the blood out with his mouth (giving a bnch of babies herpes for life).

Again right here you agree more than you think. You just do not realize it.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What "same" way ??

I have zero problem with anyones sexual preference. I support gay marriage. I also support stores being allowed to decline service to anyone.

If someone is an asshole to a gay person and gets in their face I support the gay person knocking them out.

I'm actually very unique in my beliefs. I'm very tolerant of all kinds of belief systems, but feel people have the freedom to offend. I also am very much a realist and I know that structure must exist in any society otherwise is ceases to be 'society'.

Structure involves certain psychological and mental constructs such as gender identity and even gender roles. There is nothing wrong with a lot of traditional ways that these things function. I'm actually very good at observing and understanding human behavior, and it's a breakdown and overanalysis of some very important structures in our minds that actually leads to further problems.

Put it this way, it has been proven that a great deal of things in life are simply mind-over-matter. So the more you entertain the fleeting thoughts of a child, the more you actually create the things you might be trying to avoid. Success coaches teach great techniques for getting your mind in the right place, and one of those techniques is to not even consider alternatives to success. Thousands of years of war strategists have shown the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmmm, elective surgery for toddlers. Why do I think that such a decision necessarily must be premature (pun intended).

What do they call child genital mutilation again? Oh yeah, child genital mutilation.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Again are children that dumb not to recognize their own bodies? You seem to think they are.

Let me speak to you more slowly this time:

BRAIN

BODY

DIFFERENT

What are you getting at here??? Just say it.

It seems you are implying that a boy with a girls brain will realize she is in the "wrong body".

I am contending that a boy with a girls brain doesn't exist. They don't know or care about genitals, or genders...

Here's my main point, without the slow speaking condescension BS: Children ARE what you TELL them they are. That's it. If they argue, you correct them. BE THE PARENT.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

a reply to: infolurker

Care to elaborate on why you think this is insane and that they are nuts?

At that age, I was under the impression that every chick on earth had cooties and didn't want em near me.

Now Mike loves the ladies.

Parents jumped the gun? Possibly.

Sorry to inform you but, they still have cooties.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So the more you entertain the fleeting thoughts of a child, the more you actually create the things you might be trying to avoid.

OH NO!!!!!! God help us!!!! Some children might grow up thinking they are Supermen! Wonder women! Some will still think Santa Claus exist! OH GOD THE WORLD WILL END!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: gottaknow
As a single mother I can't tell you how often my boys used to pick up feminine habits of mine that we didn't even notice until we went out of town to my Dad's.
We put a stop to them. We explained that I'm a girl and I can do that but they are boys and they really shouldn't.

You're a good parent. All they need is some boundaries, structure and love.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join