It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe Rejects Campaign To Support South Carolina Officer Charged With Murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: plube

Did you bother READING my posts AND my reason, I was looking for an alternative to what I was sure to be encountering...I wont go on as I dont want to drift the thread...some folks, kinda of like bad cops just need to be accusatory to feel fulfilled each day I guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I am calm..like I said...the analogy was very poor...this is a criminal at this point...nothing more nothing less...the gay analogy nothing more than sucked...Gofundme does not want to be associated with raising funds for a crook...it goes against their T&Cs sorry if it bothers you to have your faux pas pointed out...maybe if they refuse a fund raiser for Bill Cosby then that might be getting closer...also as was aforementioned being gay is not a crime...do you not think the video evidence alone justifies Gofundme refusal to raise money on this individuals behalf...to me Gofundme does not want to share in the taking of blood money....if anything Gofundme should do the opposite and raise money for the victims family.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Hmm. That wasn't there when I posted but whatever. It does seem pretty clear.
edit on 4/8/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey buddy, how about you stop putting words in my mouth. You have a serious problem with reading comprehension. I have no issue with gay or otherwise...I have stated it again and again. Just shut up, you're not impressing anyone. reply to: plube

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's a slippery slope, first off its a private company they can reject it if they want and second do you really want the door to open for criminals, like serial killers or rapists, to start gofundme campaigns?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I'm going to bed know but it'll be cool to read a reply over my morning coffee to my question directed at the OP regarding if they would offer their business to the cop or not. OP thread tending/management and all that.
I posted that I would not offer my business, during our discussion on earlier pages.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As stated, and ignored by you... it wasn't the cop who started the campaign.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A family member or friend can easily start a fundwhatever campaign for their friend/family member they know is innocent! like i said, its a slippery slope, i don't blame them for that.

besides, for an issue like this, a fundmewhatever campaign feels like being slapped in the face. not only will i gun someone down that is running away that i can easily catch, but i'll get folks to help pay my defense and support me and my family during my time of need.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

It's a private company. They have the right to refuse service.

Absolutely!!!;;;;;;;

If only more folks could understand the concept.........

Discrimination is a word they have conditioned society to think is bad in all instances.

Probably why Kali used it in the op.

To pull in more dems for discrimination defense.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

As stated, and ignored by you... it wasn't the cop who started the campaign.
So would you give this killer your business or not?
...or if it is easier to answer, would you allow your server resources to support an online fundraiser for this obvious and needless killer? I have been honest and clear with my position while you appear to simply sidetrack.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

A company or individual can refuse to do business with anybody without giving any reasons whatsoever.

The biggest mistake people/companies make (see the gay cake bs) is they give reasons, all they need to do is say "NO, Take your business elsewhere.". simple.

Going around screaming the discrimination card shows what is wrong with our society.

You don't have the RIGHT to DEMAND somebody does business with you.

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And if it was a person being steamrolled by the system?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And if it was a person being steamrolled by the system?
I shall be more than happy to answer that, and any other question you may have, after you have answered mine, which I did ask quite clearly in my last post in your thread to be honest. Do you not wish to answer?

edit on 8.4.2015 by grainofsand because: changed "OP" to "thread"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem either way its a private company. If you don't like what they do then don't visit that site

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It isn't the cop asking for the business.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's never been at issue.
Would you allow your server space to host a fundraiser for the cop in your OP? I wouldn't.
Pretty simple question, why do refrain from answering?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
With what he has already cost the taxpayers .. and will further cost them due to the crime he commited .. why should they waste more of their hard earned money on him ? It can be better used supporting their families ..

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well it is the issue. I wouldn't like it but people are innocent til proven guilty and if our justice system fails to convict that monster, yes I would... not with a smile on my face but yes.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
He should be asking his buddies from the police station for money and help, I am pretty sure that a lot of the guys who worked with him looked the other way more than once when he did things that were not right. ...I wonder if any of these guys will think that. ...maybe if I would have said something back then if it would have been able to get this bad?
Go fund yourself. ....

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The problem with your reasoning is that it was never said in this case...not STOP !...not PUT YOUR HANDS UP....not anything actually as the video does have sound. This officer tased a guy who reacted by most likely grabbing at what was causing him pain...the taser fell to the ground and the pain stopped....suspect turned and ran...no weapons in his hand....not facing officer nor was anyone else in danger....officer takes out service weapon and fired 7 quick shots...hesitates and fires one more to be sure I guess, then picks up taser and drops it at the feet of the man he just shot....no orders to stop or anything else ever left his mouth. This is a bad kill no matter how you intend to attempt to justify it.

As for the campaign to raise defense funds....the police union will pay for that so he shouldn't have concerns about financing his defense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join