It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents investigated for neglect after letting kids walk home alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
Kids need to learn confidence and self reliance in the wide world around them.

I agree, but that needs to be done by guiding them through their adolescence and showing them the dangers.

Im not going to argue semantics but its not just abductions, anything could happen to them. Thugs murders rapist criminals of all kinds. Who knows maybe walking home from the park near a bank during a robbery and they get shot on accident. How about Hit by a drunk driver coming on the sidewalk, or tripping on a curb and falling in front of a bus?

There are billions of reasons not to let your kids alone in the real world. Just use your imaginations a bit.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Children that young don't have any concept of the true dangers that lurk around the world.

Pedophiles and rapists and murders are everywhere. Don't any of you watch the news?

I hate the nanny state but i can understand this.

Stats please. Or are you just here for the disinfo. and trolling?

Child abductions are down and in most cases it's one parent taking their kid from the other parent. Here's a good link for crime statistics that includes violent crime and some child abduction statistics: Stats Link

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: billygentry

All your post just goes to prove is that the media and internet has given more people access to the truth of how ugly the world is.

Its not that they are reporting it more or trying to sensationalize it. Its always been this way just more people can see it now.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Are you even a parent? A ten-year old boy walking with his sister a mile is normal. Keeping your ten-year old boy on a "leash" because of an abnormal fear that weirdos are everywhere---they're everywhere!---is not.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=18884385]WCmutant

DISINFO TROLLING?? You got to be kidding me.

ITS THE REAL FRACKING WORLD

Here is a perfect point. Cell phones, yea they are great in an emergency. Lets all get your kids a phone, then they can Facebook their location in a post for some monster to monitor and wait for the right opportunity.

Think a ten year old has any concept of GPS and how dangerous it is? Think they even care? all they wanna do is play some crappy Facebook game and dull their mind.

You can take a pic with a cell as kids like to do, it uses gps and adds your location into the image data. A simple exif viewer can recover that info.

edit on 1/15/2015 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

In a little over a month, and this kinda crap terrifies me.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its ok, they re your kids, may you live with your terrible parenting choices after something happens to them.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There are countless examples of these type things going on out there. I think too many people just discount the reports or they don't see the reports.

I used to drive truck (18 Wheeler) for a living. You wouldn't believe what goes on at truck stops at night after the sun goes down. Most of my trucker buddies were packing heat and wouldn't answer the door of their truck at night. If they did, they'd see 20 something males pimping teenage girls all around the parking lot. It was one sick sight to see.

BTW, that's why so many truckers do their overnight stops at road side parks...to get away from the danger and harassment.

There's just an awful lot of life "middle" America doesn't know exists.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In a little over a month, and this kinda crap terrifies me.

Congratulations!! Get ready for a wonderful ride. You'll find out that it is a constant balancing act, but you sound like you're ready for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Its ok, they re your kids, may you live with your terrible parenting choices after something happens to them.

Over-protective parenting IS a terrible parenting choice. Please get some counseling before you ruin your child's life.

Seriously.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes sir. People just want to pull the old ostrich trick. Bury your head in the sand, if i cant see it its not there.
HAAAAA

How about all the girls and boys that have been raped and are to embarrassed to come forward.

In my short lifetime in my town Ive had Mexicans running a teenage prostitution ring and a martial arts instructor who liked to pay little boys with drugs and money for sexual favors.

This place i live dont have more than 12k people.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana

Over-protective parenting IS a terrible parenting choice. Please get some counseling before you ruin your child's life.

Seriously.

LOL I turned out just fine and smart enough to know that little kids deserve our up most care and guidance above all else. But hey let your kids run loose, let them get takes or killed.

Please do, i love a good read on the idiocy of humankind.

I will protect my child with my last breath.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thanks. I'm going to give my all and be the best father i can be, a best friend and a teacher.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So 200k by family and 58k by non family. This means abduction is 3 times more likely by the very persons the state says should be "nannying" them DUH!!!! Did you miss that?

How many of those abductions occured "in the open on the street" ?

Crime is far less likely now than it was 30 years ago BUT we are now living in a paranoid society where everyone is potential rapist, paeodo, abductor etc.

So let's get this straight, you are far far safer in the presence of a stranger than somebody you know AND THAT IS A FACT.

Those kids were far safer walking alone along a street surrounded by strangers than they were with their parents, statistically speaking.

Work that one out paranoid ATS'ers.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thanks. I'm going to give my all and be the best father i can be, a best friend and a teacher.

We need more attentive dads in this world. You'll find ways to teach him/her how to be independent and confident without sending him on a mile-long journey through his neighborhood.....and that's okay. Just go easy on the caring and attentive parents that take a different approach. I don't think the parents that did this were truly jeopardizing their kids. Now, if they were toddlers, that's a different story.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

LOL I turned out just fine and smart enough to know that little kids deserve our up most care and guidance above all else. But hey let your kids run loose, let them get takes or killed.

Please do, i love a good read on the idiocy of humankind.

I will protect my child with my last breath.

Yeah, I have five, sooooo.....

Little experience talking here.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Idiot parents. I lived less than 3 blocks from the school i went to when i was a kid. I couldn't walk there till i was 12.

A freaking mile? ALONE???

HANG THEM!

You must be young.

I was walking a mile plus home from school along with many other kids routinely from the age of 7 back in the 1970's. I had a paper route when I was 10 and was up delivering papers by bicycle at 5:30 AM daily.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
These kids have it too good. In my day (1980's) we lived under constant threat of being abducted by devil worshippers who drove a black van around with the word 'lived' (tip: read it backwards) painted on the side, and we STILL walked a mile to school. Uphill. BOTH ways. Amateurs.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Well from a statistic point sure, but you cant say that one area inst higher likelihoods that others.

My town of 12 k has a 1.2:1000 registered sex offender ratio. Hows that for statistics.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

You might have little experience if you let them wander all over instead of being with them like a parent!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join