It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Supervises Father Spanking Daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"There are plenty of alternatives that do not include a borderline sexual assault. "

Just the fact that you believe a spanking is sexual assault and not a corrective measure tells me why you don't agree with the method.

You are of course entitled to that way of thinking but having grown up in the days of spanking as a corrective measure I can tell you that you're wrong.

Peace

If it's not borderline sexual assault for a grown man to strike the bottom of a young girl, what is?! I don't know one girl who was spanked as a child who didn't grow up with daddy issues. And to invite over dudes with mustaches to watch?! What the hell!

If it's not sexually-perverted at all, why do pedophiles do it? Why are there so many spanking videos out there?

Why didn't generations of little girls grow up getting pinched in the arm by their fathers instead of spanked on the ass? Do you have any answers to these questions? Have you really thought about them?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dear lord! How f***ed up is this? Dang! Surely, surely this must have happened in 1950?

Beating the poor girl in front of an officer for squabbling with her sister? Media attention and now being chewed over by the ENTIRE internet? Good God Almighty! As parents, they have NOWHERE left to go if the girl does anything wrong again. They've gone all Hiroshima on the kid and overreacted to a degree I cannot understand. What will they do if she skips classes? Beat her with a club in front of the Chief of Police?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I should have added this to my first post,but here is my opinion on spanking. To teach a child to behave based on fear of pain,is inferior to teaching a child to behave based on respect. Respect for their parents,their family,themselves,as well as other people. Spanking was over used as a default discipline for everything. Each child is an individual and has their own way of learning respect just as they learn everything else in life. How can I teach my children not to live in fear of government,or society while I'm smacking them around? That shows lack of respect on my part towards my child,and being the primary care giver sets up the dynamic for how they treat people and how they let others treat them. You cannot raise a child to keep themselves from being victimized if you exhibit that behavior in your own home. I'm not advocating to let the kids run the show and rule the household,but clearly set guidelines based on respect,not fear,with clearly laid out consequences. Maybe being a grandma has softened me a bit,but I have raised enough kids to know what worked for me and what didn't.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

"There are plenty of alternatives that do not include a borderline sexual assault. "

Just the fact that you believe a spanking is sexual assault and not a corrective measure tells me why you don't agree with the method.

You are of course entitled to that way of thinking but having grown up in the days of spanking as a corrective measure I can tell you that you're wrong.

Peace

If it's not borderline sexual assault for a grown man to strike the bottom of a young girl, what is?! I don't know one girl who was spanked as a child who didn't grow up with daddy issues. And to invite over dudes with mustaches to watch?! What the hell!

If it's not sexually-perverted at all, why do pedophiles do it? Why are there so many spanking videos out there?

Why didn't generations of little girls grow up getting pinched in the arm by their fathers instead of spanked on the ass? Do you have any answers to these questions? Have you really thought about them?

So because some people see it as sexual assault, ALL spankings are sexual assault?

Sorry, that doesn't work in my book. You are saying that anyone spanked as a child was actually being sexually assaulted by their parents.

And look at me, I got railroaded from the actual topic...again. When will I learn?

Peace

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Peace

So because some people see it as sexual assault, ALL spankings are sexual assault?

Sorry, that doesn't work in my book. You are saying that anyone spanked as a child was actually being sexually assaulted by their parents.

And look at me, I got railroaded from the actual topic...again. When will I learn?

Peace

Peace

I'm saying that the questions I asked have never been answered to me. And it's not really off-topic to discuss a cop coming over to supervise an impressionable young girl going through what resembles the initiation of some sex cult.

I don't condone violence as a learning tool period but, for those that do, why don't those creepy fathers just pinch an arm or smack the hands? Why use the palm of a hand on the butt of a girl? Why do you think that spanking is the preferred method?

Do you think that cop that showed up to twelve of these fetish beatings would have shown up if the father told the cops he wanted an officer to witness an arm pinching?

Hand on ass. Why? That doesn't seem at all creepy or negative to you? It doesn't make you feel uneasy when you see it?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why are you continually attempting to purvey physical discipline as some sort of weird sexual act? Do you honestly believe that all parents who give their kids a quick smack for being bad as borderline sex-offenders?

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, regardless of how ridiculous it is. Physical discipline is absolutely fine. Excessive force is not. There is a scale here, and nowhere on it does it include a label for sexually perverse parents. Do you not think that if this particular dad was some weird pervert that he may have perhaps NOT have invited the police round to witness it?

Absolutely absurd pot-stirring. Have a good day

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Peace

Peace

Peace

I'm saying that the questions I asked have never been answered to me. And it's not really off-topic to discuss a cop coming over to supervise an impressionable young girl going through what resembles the initiation of some sex cult.

I don't condone violence as a learning tool period but, for those that do, why don't those creepy fathers just pinch an arm or smack the hands? Why use the palm of a hand on the butt of a girl? Why do you think that spanking is the preferred method?

Do you think that cop that showed up to twelve of these fetish beatings would have shown up if the father told the cops he wanted an officer to witness an arm pinching?

Hand on ass. Why? That doesn't seem at all creepy or negative to you? It doesn't make you feel uneasy when you see it?

Sex cult? Fetish beatings? Creepy fathers? Pedophiles?

You took this above and beyond the OP issue.

You might want to start another thread if that's the topic you want to address.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

What does "borderline" sexual assault even mean? If it's not sexual it isn't, and if it is it is? Just a meaningless, throw away statement really isn't it? Fathers who like to hug their daughters, is this borderline too? What about those weird families that give greeting/goodbye kisses on the lips? To me that's weird, but not at all sexual.

Physical discipline is absolutely fine as long as excessive force isn't used. A light smack to a little kid won't even mark the skin, but it's enough to jolt them out of whatever bad behaviour they are being disciplined for. The same as a puppy who is misbehaving - his mother would give him a little nip.

tl;dr This thread is running off the rails. I can't believe people are mentioning sexual perverts, sex cults, and paedophiles when the topic should really be focusing on the necessity/use of physical discipline, and the fact that paid public servants are professionally overseeing discipline.

edit on 2-1-2015 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here are a few more specific details.

www.cbs12.com...

OKEECHOBEE COUNTY, Fla. -- A father called a sheriff's deputy for permission to spank his 12-year-old daughter.

The incident began when Dale Garcia went to Walmart.

He came back and learned his daughters got into a fight, according to the incident report.

Garcia told deputies one of his daughters locked herself in her room after getting into a spat over an iPad.

Garcia said the other daughter used a knife to pick the lock to her sister's room.

Garcia said he called deputies to get permission and to ask the deputy to watch as he disciplined his daughter with a paddle. Garcia said he wanted to discipline her for using the knife.

“It happens,” said OCSO Major Noel Stephen. “[It] has happened several times in the past but it’s definitely not something we advertise to do. It’s a call here and there," said Stephen.

The incident report showed Garcia spank his daughter four times on her buttocks with a paddle.

I'm in agreement with many sentiments on here. I believe in spanking but the girl is 12 y/o and it seems as if there could have been a more fitting punishment. IMHO, spanking should be done as an immediate punishment to the crime, not some time later. From what I can tell this may have been even a day or two later.

It is ridiculous that an officer was called in the first place to carry out the punishment. This sends a few mixed messages to the girl. Why the father think he needed to call and get permission is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thundersmurf

continually attempting...

I made my opinion clear in one post, everything else was a reply to others.

Physical discipline is absolutely fine.

According to you!

I wonder why it's never the punishment handed down in a Court of Law?

Here's a idea...
If you're ever attacked in the street by an outraged woman, for whatever reason, why don't you spank her backside in self defence & see where it gets you.

Do you not think that if this particular dad was some weird pervert that he may have perhaps NOT have invited the police round to witness it?

I wouldn't put it past a pervert to want to display this for some sort of self gratification.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you feel the need to call the police over the actions you are about to do, probably not the best course of action.

Yes we can keep doing things the 'old way' in fear of being labeled to progressive, but does that make them the right way?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf
a reply to: Cuervo
tl;dr This thread is running off the rails. I can't believe people are mentioning sexual perverts, sex cults, and paedophiles when the topic should really be focusing on the necessity/use of physical discipline, and the fact that paid public servants are professionally overseeing discipline.

Agreed.

Very strange turn of a topic.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is where I would have taken their iPad away.

Just seems like so many things are going backwards lately

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That dumbass father will regret the day that he called the cops to watch them spank his 12 year old daughter.

The mother, and the two girls will band together and throw that retarded move up in his face anytime he steps out of line.

"Well dad, why don't you call the goddamn cops if your'e so upset" what a fool to involve LE in a family dispute.

And now the cops think he is a little twerp for calling them. Lose-lose and it's his own fault.

His daughters probably posted it on FB and now the whole damn town knows what a twit he is, including his boss.

This will be the event that describes his skill at being a parent. stupid, stupid, stupid!
edit on 2-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh, people are still spanking their kids without police in the bathrooms of retail establishments. I don't understand the need for people to have to hit their children "like this" with paddle, belt, switch, cord etc. Parents should get their children's attention when they are young and sometimes it takes a pop to the legs or backside to open their ears, but talk to them, discuss why it's not correct to do what they are doing.

This girl is twelve. Most girls begin their cycles at this time, hormones. It's not an easy time on either male or female. People don't want to use critical thinking skills to handle their children. They want the state to raise them, tv, grandparents; etc.

I have a teenaged son. I would ask him to stop doing something, it he didn't I would ask him did he want me to pop his leg. "No" ! Are you hungry or thirsty, is something wrong. Usually he needed some food/drink and would calm down, didn't eat much, but was a good baby. And, he's still a good young man. No beatings, A student, in a very good school. There is always another way.

When I was searching for schools to enroll my kiddo, I visited one which had a paddle hanging by the bathroom in the classroom, I asked, "Do you all use that"? Yes, we do! My answer: "Well, you won't be using it on mine".. Them: You'll have to sign a waiver. Me: That's contingent on me signing a contract and I left and enrolled him in the best school my state has to offer. Guess what: they don't paddle AT ALL and all the students graduate going to higher university and Ivy League Schools. Imagine that!

For the story in OP I believe the parent, this case the father, should have snatched a knot in this girl when it happened, not create this Drama with a witness of a Police officer to oversee the handed down sentence. Ridiculous. The father could not have set his daughters down and given them a lecture, hell, yell all over the house if you have to, but this is stupid.

Anyway, to each their own I guess. Such is life.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This thread has gone from someone asking for police to be present while a child was spanked, to some kind of crazy fetish thing. I don't agree with asking LEO's to be present whenever children are disciplined, although I can see how crazy some folks are about reporting a spanking being child abuse. I understand folks have different opinions about discipline, and that's OK. I believe in using appropriate discipline, for each incident. Sometimes, that may be spanking, others different approaches. My business, not yours.

I got my last "spanking", or rather attempt, at age 12. My mother realized I was too big, and she was too small for it to be effective. Did I learn from previous spankings? You betcha! Did I then, or now, feel the spankings I got were unwarranted or cruel? No. My children were spanked when the situation warranted it. Do they feel it was sexual, or feel scarred for life because of a spanking? I asked each of them. All of them said no. Maybe some people have other issues they need to tend to, but spankings are not always bad. Using spankings as a crutch for your own hang-ups is just plain unnatural. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Now you are actually coming across as a troll. If I was being assaulted by anyone, why would I spank them? That's a pretty poor example in all honesty. I did once get assaulted by a woman. She ran at me with a golf club, so I floored her pretty hard. Police said 'good job'.

Your weird, twisted, and limited grasp of this scenario is of the minority thankfully. It's opinions like yours - WAY over the top, and completely out of the bounds of the actual event/discussion - that cause ridiculous laws to be passed in the first place, or at the very least add fuel to non-existent fires which then unjustly gain public exposure. Before you know it we can't even call pets pets - they're animal companions now.

Perhaps you don't have kids and have no idea what you're talking about? I mean, how do you know that this father is a borderline sex-offender - Did you once smacked your kid, and realise that it turned you on, and decided there and then to boycott physical discipline? See how easy it is to just make stuff up?!

Would your opinion be the same if it was the mother who smacked her?

Have a great night

edit on 2-1-2015 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: jude11

This is the progressive conditioning working dear readers.....Take a good hard look at the future.

I want no part of that future and thankfully my time has drawn past the half way mark.

Anyone who wants it can damn well have it.

Peace

I have never considered myself a quitter. I have found myself throwing in the towel several times in the last couple of years, only to pick it back up again after a couple of months. Each time I couldn't take the beating I was giving myself for giving up what I keep telling myself is the good fight. I keep talking myself into believing that it isn't about wining or loosing, it is about not giving up. I too have traveled beyond the half-way mark, a long way past the halfway mark. I am not just growing weary, I am sinking into hopelessness.

The world that I grew up in was a gift. I was frequently reminded of the choices, the sacrifices, the bravery and the losses gifted to me, allowing me the chance to live in a world that was so much better than the one those that came before me had to endure.

When I was a young girl I wanted to do something that would make a difference. I wanted to give back to my community and to my country. I thought I had something to say so I started out in Journalism. After a single year and a semester, I realized the money wasn't there for me to continue that path so I became a nurse. Like so many others I was the first in my family to attend university, and I served my country as well. It was always a given for me that freedom, honor and courage are usually fond in equal measure when fighting the good fight.

It just seems that too many of us have decided the world is not worth fighting for anymore and worse, it is not worth preserving for our children. I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to have live the life I have lived. I am eternally grateful for every drop of blood, sweat, and tears that was shed, so I could have those opportunities. I regret that they will only become fairy tales, or tales from history books, that we will gift our children. I hope they don't waste time on anger and judgment and that they pick up where those that went before me left off. Maybe it won't be too late for them to make the difference we failed to make.

edit on 2-1-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidental click.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join