It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer says 10-year-old still in adult jail months after beating 90 year old woman to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So, just to be clear, you advocate child abuse, but only if the child has been a "bad boy"?

No. I am pointing out that a kid committing acts of evil does not automatically stem from the kid being abused or poor parenting. Some people or evil from birth, and they start their evil in childhood. Both Ted Bundy and Jeffery Dahmer are good examples. They were practicing for their adult careers quite young, and were possibly doing things to other people by then. Dahmer's family was stable. Bundy's unconventional, but not abusive. And those are just well known examples.

I just get sick of people wanting to go easier on children who commit horrific acts of brutality and are quick to blame parents and environment, when quite often, the kid is as cold blooded and evil as any hardened criminal. He just hasn't had the time to perfect his skills. Kids who commit violent and horrific acts should not get off with "therapy" or whatever. The kid belongs in a cage.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Okay sorry. This heavenly little angel never should have beat to death that 90 year old woman. All I said was that he was a "little monster" (which is a lot more gentle than what other members in this very thread have called him) and I stand by that statement. If you beat an old lady to death you're a monster, little of otherwise.

I'm glad I pissed you off enough to cause this little hissy fit of yours though.

And he tells me to grow up. HA!

edit on Cpm4Thursday5320145531Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:53:55 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'm not saying go easy on him, but don't throw him to the wolves either. A mental institution seems like the perfect solution to this problem. He's out of society, can't harm others, and has access to the psychological help he clearly desperately needs.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I don't think anybody advocated going easy on this kid. I think some of us are advocating not lumping him in with the likes of Dahmer and Bundy just yet, or putting him down like a rabid animal, or locking him up and forgetting about him till he offs himself or dies in 75 years. If he's a psychopath, then treat him as such. Right now he's a ten year old kid who hasn't been diagnosed as such. I don't think it's fair to advocate that the kid "remain meat" for other prisoners.

And Bundy's grandfather was a raging alcoholic who liked to beat his wife, dog, and throw cats around by their tails, I think that qualifies as both unconventional AND abusive.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

Also, yes some people are born with a predisposition towards sociopathy, but many researchers still have the belief that a child can be steered towards positive activities rather than negative ones by.....you guessed it! Good parenting!
edit on 11-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Added some junk

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

if it cheaper then i am all for that
if prison is cheaper than i am for that
in the end, i really dont care as long as he is gone

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Self moderating. This reply was uncalled for.
edit on Cpm5Thursday2320141531Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:23:15 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: removed original reply

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Self moderating. This reply was uncalled for.

I thought it was pretty good myself lol

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Heh.

Regardless, it was unbecoming of the conduct I expect from this site and I don't typically like stooping to thinly veiled ad hominem. I know what he means I was just being an ass, lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman
This one is a tough call. I believe just as it's possible for someone to be born wired for a trait such as a sense of humor, I also believe someone can be wired for unseemly traits like a propensity for homicide. That said, this is a 10-year-old little boy in an adult prison who says he misses his mom. I'm not sure someone that age can understand the potential outcome of something like murder, but if this tendency was something he grew up with, I have to believe he can be rehabilitated. This boy's history is the lynchpin. It's hard to determine the best course of action without understanding his past. But surely there is a place to hold him where he isn't sharing a cell with a 47-year-old pedophile. He'll come out of an adult prison even worse-off.

Why don't you volunteer to let him live with you? He's where he belongs.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: crazyewok

But it needs to be done in a correct facility.

what is incorrect about this facility.
he gets a tutor. movie time. tv time. books.
cell opened during the day.

not like the little prick is in general pop or in the hole

Here in the UK all we here are horror story's about US prisons. So forgive me for not thinking this kid in a correct facility.

Juvenile facilities are alleged to be even more dangerous than adult facilities. Plus, those convicted as juveniles get out by age 18 or younger. He's where he should be. Let's hope permanently.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Unity_99
He needs consequences and youth prison, but not to be tried as an adult or be in adult prison. And alot of counseling, courses. This is a train wreck of his life. But his ability to not rage out or consider consequences like an adult and not act out impulses or even snap and rage as some kids do, kids are different chemically and developmentally than adults and he needs help.

I agree with you, don't we have prisons for kids? Think of all the stupid things kids do because they can't see past the moment, we would need every detail of this kids life and his mental condition to even comprehend how he might have killed a woman.

As far as what should happen to him, it doesn't matter (short of self defense or an adult forcing him to do it ) why he killed the woman. Understanding the reason is only important in preventing it from happening again with other children.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Vasa Croe

These are the cases that are hard for me to understand. While the kid was only 10, he knows right from wrong at that point.

Difficult to understand for me too. They may know right from wrong at that age but not yet been taught to control their emotions.

My nephew is ten and he got in three fights in one day. The first was bullying on his part, the second time he attacked a girl that scolded him for being a bully and the third was fighting a kid that sat on him to keep from hurting the girl.

I know its because his anger got the better of him. Obviously he knows when asked if what he did was wrong and might even be sorry. But in the heat of the moment he couldn't "let it go".

It sounds like he's got a big problem. If it isn't dealt with now, he could end up like the other boy and, even worse, someone else could end up dead.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That kid is evil, I agree. I remember being 10. No 10 year old I knew would have done such a thing. He will kill again if they let him out. He is a danger to himself and others--there is obviously something innately wrong with him.

Unless of course we find out he was on a medication like adderall or something and had adderall psychosis which caused him to do it but I don't think that that is the case.

He needs mental help--and supervision--for life. Then maybe at a hospital he can lead a life that will be much better than what it would be back out on the streets. He sounds really disturbed. Conduct Disorder/antisocial personality disorder/sociopath

Similar to that British boy who murdered his teacher in front of the whole class. Bad eggs exist. I wish they'd caught on to his psychoticness earlier so that the woman wouldn't have had to die.

If we compare the Slenderman girls to this kid, I'd say he's way more messed up in the head. They were obviously just being delusional and sick whereas he was deliberate and random and evil to the core.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus
Not sure what disgusts me more, the violence of the act, or the poster peanut gallery. The fact the parents want nothing to do with their kid should say plenty on how he was raised. What kind of parents would abandon their kid in such a situation? That's what responsibility is ladies and gents. You don't become a parent unless you're ready for it.

A kid doesn't get like this unless he's seen some metaphorical dung and waded through it. Kids have temper tantrums and hit things even before they have a comprehension of the repercussions. That should have been taught by this point, and unless he has ADHD or other developmental disorder (even then being treatable) I highly doubt he deserves to be abandoned to our beloved penal system. But hey, it's America, we toss out the unwanted trash of society and inconvenient truths on a daily basis. Why not throw one more soul into the cement sandbox?

There are two kinds of parents who would abandon a kid in this situation. The first kind never cared about the kid. The second kind, through no fault of their own, ended up with a psychopath (possible brain disorder) and watched him torture and kill animals and do other repulsive things. Either way, he should not be returned to his parents.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: intrptr

These are the cases that are hard for me to understand. While the kid was only 10, he knows right from wrong at that point.

Difficult to understand for me too. They may know right from wrong at that age but not yet been taught to control their emotions.

My nephew is ten and he got in three fights in one day. The first was bullying on his part, the second time he attacked a girl that scolded him for being a bully and the third was fighting a kid that sat on him to keep from hurting the girl.

I know its because his anger got the better of him. Obviously he knows when asked if what he did was wrong and might even be sorry. But in the heat of the moment he couldn't "let it go".

It sounds like he's got a big problem. If it isn't dealt with now, he could end up like the other boy and, even worse, someone else could end up dead.

Tell me about it. I have known this for some time but my brother refuses to listen to my council about it and rebuffs any attempt to reach him. Guess why he has the problems he does?

All I can do is watch it happen. Don't bother telling me to take charge, you don't understand my family.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
A mental ward is not good enough mental wards usual turns people into worse nutcases. He should have realized what he was doing to his grandfather. I mainly blame this upon the grandparents, spanking and beatings will always cause a outcome that wont do any good.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Why should he be treated differently because of his age? There are plenty of people who are legally adults that have not developed into that capacity that have committed murder. Yet because the law considers them as such they get zero consideration. Do not think otherwise. His age is the only factor in this legal battle. The public defender saying crap like he wants to hug his mommy is playing on your emotional chords for the benefit of one person. This literal child killer.

They should smother the little bastard and be done with it. Along with all the other killers.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow....truly never expected this thread to go on this long. I have to say I am very impressed with the responses though.

I am one that thinks that everyone is born with certain traits and morals....this kid seems to have been born without.

While I can't sympathize with his actions, if his family had anything to do with who he has become, that is unforgivable.

Sure....this kid is a total MONSTER, but if it could have been prevented it should have.

To me, the fact his parents are now saying they want nothing to do with him tells me that they have expressed this before....possibly many times to the kid.

I think he needs to burn for what he did, but I think the parents need to be seriously looked at as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

Why should he be treated differently because of his age? There are plenty of people who are legally adults that have not developed into that capacity that have committed murder. Yet because the law considers them as such they get zero consideration. Do not think otherwise. His age is the only factor in this legal battle. The public defender saying crap like he wants to hug his mommy is playing on your emotional chords for the benefit of one person. This literal child killer.

They should smother the little bastard and be done with it. Along with all the other killers.

Oh....I do not disagree at all.

I do think that at the age of 10 there is a certain innocence that is there, but for this kid to have held a cane to an elderly womans throat, then punched her in the throat and sides...now that is a psychopath.

Kid should burn....my whole point of bringing this article up was the fact that this was a MUCH more heinous crime than ANY other crime in the last 2 months....yet it went almost completely unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yes. It went completely unnoticed for me, at least. I sometimes get ahead of myself with my replies and use words like "you", "yours" and so on. As I'm sure you know I am replying to anyone that wants to talk about this. I suppose it is my own life experience but at 10 years old I, and everyone else I knew, never dreamed of murdering anyone. Hell. Even at 10 years old I would not have dreamed of using excuses to hide my responsibility in a murder. Perhaps I am more conventional than some but when I see anyone bringing excuses for a murder I get the impression that they are trying to save their skin no matter the age.

I could be wrong but I don't think the parents had anything at all to do with this. Simply a spoiled kid whose fuse detonated. Plenty of those in the "adult" criminal justice system that don't have an age anchor to hang onto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join