It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer says 10-year-old still in adult jail months after beating 90 year old woman to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure how many of you followed this story a couple months back, but it was about a 10 year old kid who was at his grandfather's house. His grandfather was caring for an elderly lady who was at the house as well. This kid went in and the lady yelled at him about something so he grabbed a cane, held her down by the neck then beat her to death....10 years old.

Now, I can only guess that at 10, this had to have been because of how he was raised and his homelife. I can't imagine this kid just snapped like that without having any prior exposure to beatings and violent tempers.

I do think that what this story is saying is silly though. They are appealing to the public to let this kid out because he is scared in adult prison....sucks kid, but you KILLED someone...

I am sure he will never be the same, but I do hope he is put away, either in prison or a mental institution, for life.

These are the cases that are hard for me to understand. While the kid was only 10, he knows right from wrong at that point. He chose to beat this woman to death. So what do you do? Try to rehab? I don't think this can be rehab'd out....this kid beat someone to death...that is not exactly easy to do for an adult, let alone a 10 year old.

A 10-year-old boy who's been in an adult jail since authorities say he fatally beat a 90-year-old woman two months ago is scared, lonely and misses his mother, his public defender said.

The boy, one of the youngest ever to face an adult homicide charge in Pennsylvania, met with family through a glass partition when he was first brought to the county lockup in rural northeastern Pennsylvania. More recently, he was permitted to have physical contact with them, according to the attorney, Scott Bennett.

"So his mom can give him a hug," he said this week.

Source

Sorry, but does this kid deserve a hug or special treatment? I am glad I am not a lawyer or a judge on this case as there will obviously be some hard extenuating circumstances.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sounds like a hard reality for this kid. No sympathy for him.

Well, maybe a little. I'm sure a lot of the blame rests on the parents.

Maybe not jail, perhaps a mental ward.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
my thoughts are screw this little bastard.
lots of people have terrible home lives and dont beat gerry atrics to death.

and no. no hugs from mommy. a bit late for that

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I bet a good lawyer will have him slapped on the wrist and his family suing the County for multi millions. Top law offices are probably beating their door down as we speak.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This one is a tough call. I believe just as it's possible for someone to be born wired for a trait such as a sense of humor, I also believe someone can be wired for unseemly traits like a propensity for homicide. That said, this is a 10-year-old little boy in an adult prison who says he misses his mom. I'm not sure someone that age can understand the potential outcome of something like murder, but if this tendency was something he grew up with, I have to believe he can be rehabilitated. This boy's history is the lynchpin. It's hard to determine the best course of action without understanding his past. But surely there is a place to hold him where he isn't sharing a cell with a 47-year-old pedophile. He'll come out of an adult prison even worse-off.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Exactly.

I grew up with a very violent home life. I would never consider beating anyone to death as a solution to anything.

This is just a case of catching it early 'cause the twisted little monster just couldn't keep his hands to himself.

I'm willing to cede that external factors, such as abuse, certainly play a role in the development of a psychopathic mind but I am not convinced that said factors are alone in compiling such a disturbing personality.

Kallisti

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman
This one is a tough call. I believe just as it's possible for someone to be born wired for a trait such as a sense of humor, I also believe someone can be wired for unseemly traits like a propensity for homicide. That said, this is a 10-year-old little boy in an adult prison who says he misses his mom. I'm not sure someone that age can understand the potential outcome of something like murder, but if this tendency was something he grew up with, I have to believe he can be rehabilitated. This boy's history is the lynchpin. It's hard to determine the best course of action without understanding his past. But surely there is a place to hold him where he isn't sharing a cell with a 47-year-old pedophile. He'll come out of an adult prison even worse-off.

i dont understand.
lots of people are probably born with a propensity for murder like you put it. and when they murder they get locked up.

poor baby misses his mom. sucks for him. one of the major down sides of beating someone to death. no more huggles from momsie.

if every murderers sentence was based on their history, things would be a lot different.

is he even sharing a cell with someone else? in adult prison does not mean that....

and hopefully he never gets out

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
He needs consequences and youth prison, but not to be tried as an adult or be in adult prison. And alot of counseling, courses. This is a train wreck of his life. But his ability to not rage out or consider consequences like an adult and not act out impulses or even snap and rage as some kids do, kids are different chemically and developmentally than adults and he needs help.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Because of his age (10)... many think he still has a chance in life and can possibly change; that might be true... it is really hard to know for sure.

I will tell you a true story about Ted Bundy when he was 3 years old.

When Ted was 3 years old an older adult female relative was taking care of him. She put him down for a nap and she laid down to rest too. She dozed off and when she woke up she was surrounded by knives laid on the bed; and at the end of the bed was 3 year old Ted grinning at her with a sinister look on his face.

And as society does know...Ted Bundy is one of the worst serial killers in history.

So...I am thinking is this 10 year old another Ted Bundy in the making and they caught him early...or was the murder he did a major mistake because he was raised wrong. It is hard to know.

edit on 2014-12-11T11:58:18-06:00amThursdayam11201412America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

me too.
my dad beat the # out of me and my mother all the time.
im not a murderer.

maybe his history has something to do with it. maybe not.
so what?

no sympathy for him. dont care what happens to him.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He should be locked away but certainly not in a Adult jail!

A American Adult prison? I mean FFS! That kids going to raped and beaten and tortured.

Yes incarceration is needed here but in a youth institution!
edit on 11-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman

The boy is housed away from the adult population, but he's not in solitary confinement, according to the jail outside Honesdale. His cell doors are opened in the morning and locked at night, like the other inmates. The boy is supplied with books and movies, and a certified teacher helps him keep up with his schooling, said Vicky Botjer, chief clerk of Wayne County. "The Wayne County Correctional Facility is housing the defendant in a safe environment," she said via e-mail

answer to you pedophile sharing theory

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wonder if he played GTA at all..... or stayed up watching late night tv.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hmm, do they not have juvenile facilities?..as twisted as this kid is now at 10yrs old doing the rest of his growing up in adult prison..you better HOPE he never gets out.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I bet the victims grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews, whomever would like to get a hug from her one more time too.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I bet the victims grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews, whomever would like to get a hug from her one more time too.

Yeah the little bastard needs punishing and locking up, no one is denying that.

But it needs to be done in a correct facility.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

im guessing because of the nature of the crime thats why they are not keeping him in juvie.
he is not housed with the adults and he gets movie time and school.

he is just at the adult prison. not adult population.

they probably want to make sure he does not do the same to someone else....
you know, might be a good idea

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

what is incorrect about this facility.
he gets a tutor. movie time. tv time. books.
cell opened during the day.

not like the little prick is in general pop or in the hole

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Sounds like a hard reality for this kid. No sympathy for him.

Well, maybe a little. I'm sure a lot of the blame rests on the parents.

Maybe not jail, perhaps a mental ward.

I think we can't know this unless we know the Families.
I know two people who have kids who killed. One is the son of a worker of ours a very gentle person. The boy never showed any violent tendencies but killed another child and then sat down and ate cereal. There was no history from Family or the boy as far as can be seen, but think there is an often overlooked common denominator with these cases. Molestation.

The other boy I knew personally and he was super smart, very perfect looking, was not exposed to violence but was molested by his Mother's boyfriend. he was locked away in a metal facility and there he was raped again by a grounds keeper. Eventually he killed a bunch of people with a bomb, he was so full of hate at everyone and I believe it was hate because he never knew the Father who did not want him, and his Mother and other family did not keep him safe.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: crazyewok

what is incorrect about this facility.
he gets a tutor. movie time. tv time. books.
cell opened during the day.

not like the little prick is in general pop or in the hole

Here in the UK all we here are horror story's about US prisons. So forgive me for not thinking this kid in a correct facility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join