It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer says 10-year-old still in adult jail months after beating 90 year old woman to death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He should be in a mental hospital for sick people.
edit on 11-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Not sure what disgusts me more, the violence of the act, or the poster peanut gallery. The fact the parents want nothing to do with their kid should say plenty on how he was raised. What kind of parents would abandon their kid in such a situation? That's what responsibility is ladies and gents. You don't become a parent unless you're ready for it.

A kid doesn't get like this unless he's seen some metaphorical dung and waded through it. Kids have temper tantrums and hit things even before they have a comprehension of the repercussions. That should have been taught by this point, and unless he has ADHD or other developmental disorder (even then being treatable) I highly doubt he deserves to be abandoned to our beloved penal system. But hey, it's America, we toss out the unwanted trash of society and inconvenient truths on a daily basis. Why not throw one more soul into the cement sandbox?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm late in this thread but the kid should stay in jail imho. What he did was heinous and inexcusable. As many posters pointed out already, this child most likely did not simply snap.

If this happened back in the day they'd blame EC Comics. I can't wait to see where this will go...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He should be locked away but certainly not in a Adult jail!

A American Adult prison? I mean FFS! That kids going to raped and beaten and tortured.

Yes incarceration is needed here but in a youth institution!

Sensible, tempered replies often don't get many stars.
Our humanity can be measured by our responses to cases such as this.
The sheer volume of posts saying put him down like a rabid dog are a bit disheartening.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I seem to recall that we still carry with us traits that our very early ancestors carried when they were 'animals'

We still are animals and 'people' seem to forget this.

I believe just as it's possible for someone to be born wired for a trait such as a sense of humor, I also believe someone can be wired for unseemly traits like a propensity for homicide.

Homicide, that human word we've designed to deflect from our true history of when we were hunters.
Literally when we killed to survive.

Not defending his actions whatsoever, but dammit people, do you forget we are animals that have essentially tricked ourselves into this civilization?

Sure the majority don't kill, because their instincts have been so suppressed it all seems like a joke now.
But what about those few who slip through the cracks and never fully relinquish those instincts?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'll admit it's very easy to say put him down, it's also easy to show consideration. But if we advocate either killing him or being lenient...how would we feel if the child killed one of our family members? That's where it's difficult. I think many would say let him rot or be put down, yet I believe some would say be lenient, he is living too....

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

Sure the majority don't kill, because their instincts have been so suppressed it all seems like a joke now.
But what about those few who slip through the cracks and never fully relinquish those instincts?

prison?
ya think

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So what happens when he gets assaulted by an adult in adult jail...? Why not put him in juvenile hall for a few years til he can go to cya. Doesn't make much sense to put a 10 year old in adult jail. ..

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

People often forget our roots. If we weren't killing to eat it was to defend ourselves among other things. Let's see how many people retain their "civilization" when everything falls apart. I can imagine it's hard to maintain one's pacifism when they're being attacked over food or water.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

If adult charges are being levied against him, he gets put in Adult jail. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's how the law works. I share the sentiments of many who have said rather than jail, he needs to be institutionalized.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Screw him he's 10 he knew hitting someone that old might kill them so he deserves whatever punishment he gets. that being said i don't think he should be locked up for life. if he can be rehabilitated then he should be. let's see how therapy and education go before condemning him to a lifetime locked up.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

If you'd read some of the other comments, or articles, you'd see that the nearest juvenile facility is 80-90 miles away. The family requested he not be transferred because it would be difficult to visit him if he were that far away. He's not in general population, or solitary confinement. He's supervised 24 hours a day. He's only been charged, not convicted. Given his age, I think they're taking the family's wishes into account.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Sounds like a hard reality for this kid. No sympathy for him.

Well, maybe a little. I'm sure a lot of the blame rests on the parents.

Maybe not jail, perhaps a mental ward.

Not necessarily.

Parents are not the sole source of bad kids. Some are born pure evil. I do not automatically believe children are naturally innocent and blank. Some are truly monsters, no matter how hard one tries to instill empathy and emotional development. And I have known many kids who were treated violently and acted out, but picking up a weapon and beating a helpless elder to death because of a tantrum is a special kind of wrong.

So as far as I'm concerned, this evil little bastard can remain meat for the prisoners.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thankyou very much I didn't notice that. I didn't think putting him in with Stash Carlisle and the gang was going to go over well for the justice department (as if they'd get in any trouble!)...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So, just to be clear, you advocate child abuse, but only if the child has been a "bad boy"?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Sounds like a hard reality for this kid. No sympathy for him.

Well, maybe a little. I'm sure a lot of the blame rests on the parents.

Maybe not jail, perhaps a mental ward.

Not necessarily.

Parents are not the sole source of bad kids. Some are born pure evil. I do not automatically believe children are naturally innocent and blank. Some are truly monsters, no matter how hard one tries to instill empathy and emotional development. And I have known many kids who were treated violently and acted out, but picking up a weapon and beating a helpless elder to death because of a tantrum is a special kind of wrong.

So as far as I'm concerned, this evil little bastard can remain meat for the prisoners.

I would argue that calling a ten year old names and saying he should remain "meat" for grown men to do as they wish with is a special kind of wrong also.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think it is important to remember that in the world today, age is becoming largely irrelevant in regard to what constitutes "normal" behavior. Ten-year-old children are by and large far less innocent and far more capable of "adult" behavior than in the past. Yes, it is the parents' fault for allowing technology and electronics to raise their kids, and not set standards for proper behaviour and teach respect for elders, etc. But this boy knew what he was doing. He beat a frail 90 yr. old woman brutally to death for raising her voice at him. That woman suffered. Can you imagine how terrified she must have been?

I don't think he should be held in a facility with grown men, but I most definitely think that he needs to be locked up until he is eighteen, without possibility of being released, and then reevaluate him mentally as an adult. He doesn't need to be released for an attempt at rehab to be made. He is a dangerous, violent person who murdered someone in cold blood, in the most horrific way. No way does he need to be walking around out there and given the opportunity to do it again.

As for the mom...sorry. Too little, too late. A hug will not help him at this juncture and it certainly won't do any good for his poor, elderly victim. This is horrible and tragic, but the signs of such violent tendencies are always there, and if parents are doing their job and truly paying attention to their kids' behaviour it is pretty plain to see that they need professional help...before someone ends up paying for the negligence with their life.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I grew up with a very violent home life.

Just waiting for when of you ats attention seekers had to Chime in with their little bit of "look at me" quote.

The kid is ten. Sociopaths are born the way they are. Just like some retarded people are born the way they are. At 10 he should not be in a jail where he cant be raped or whatever.

Grow up and stop trying to seek the moral high ground with your whiny "i grew up in a violent home" BS

edit on 11-12-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

If you actually read the thread he is not being held in GP.

Why do you feel the need to attack me like that man? Got a bee in your bonnet or are you just a little b... nevermind.

I agree though, that psychopaths are born and not made. What is your point?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Because it is so easy for people like you to sit there an attack and call a young boy names. Which you did in a previous post.

Yet, have you personally spoken to this child of 10? Analyzed him? understood why a 10 year old would do this kind of crime? Got to know his family on a personal level to see if anything there could be accountable?

I doubt you have...but its a lot easier for cowards to come on a forum and insult and call a small child names etc.

Then you lead with your attention grabbing "I grew up in a violent home". No one cares because you are trying to compare apples and oranges.

This child needs more help than he knows. And placing him in a place that could do more psychological damage or physical harm will not assist in him changing.

I am all for attacking adults and other members of society but to attack a child and one that can't even respond to your attacks is pure cowardly. It is why i dislike you and your comments and will highlight your attention seeking self.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join