It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
a reply to: stumason

Wakey wakey!

It wasn't meant to antagonize you...clearly it has!

Quite, as it had sod all to do with what I said and hardly any relevance to anything at all.

You refered to them being recognized for all the hard work they do..in this article she is rolling her eyes for having to do charity work..probably the only time she has had to lift a finger in her life and she is reacting in this way..

That's not why she is rolling her eyes and it isn't even an "eye roll", it's a "jeebus, who put her in charge" look after she is told by a "well-wisher" to do exactly what she is already doing. I'd do the same, if not simply turn around and tell the "well wisher" to back the hell off.

As for the work they do, they are constantly on the go. Barely hours after doing their tour of New York, their pushed into more events by the Government, to meet yet more people, to shake yet more hands, to smile for the camera's, watch every word you say, don't make any faces before being sent home for a few hours to spend with the kid and then off out to do it all again.

I'd hate their job, regardless of the money. And you can't even quit, you have it for life, no chance of parole! When Harry was asked about his opinion on being pushed down the line of succession by the new kiddy, his response was "Good!" and I can't blame him.

BTW lose the attitude, who do you think your talking to

No idea, enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

Lebron should have tongue kissed her or grabbed her ass.

You would be ok with someone doing that to your wife?

That would be sexual assault.

Seems the only people kicking up a stink about this are Americans.....no-one here in the UK seems to care much about this non-story, including William and Kate.

Just why are so many Americans obsessed with a family that has absolutely no importance, bearing or effect on them, their lives or their country?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just why are so many Americans obsessed with a family that has absolutely no importance, bearing or effect on them, their lives or their country?

Probably the same reason they are obsessed with that slob Kim Kardashian.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, guess you're right there.

I don't get that celebrity cult worship thing.....sadly we have it over here too.

I just don't understand why the Royal Family would evoke such passion, anger and interest in a country where they should just be viewed as nothing more than a curiosity.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I just don't understand why the Royal Family would evoke such passion, anger and interest in a country where they should just be viewed as nothing more than a curiosity.

Same here. I always think that they should be viewed as no more than an anachronism here in the States.

I get the British mentality towards them but it is very odd when Americans fawn all over them.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In 'Merica' we have our own royalty.

We call them 'presidents', and 'first ladies'.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The audacity!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

Absolutely asinine.

It's also incredibly offensive to people who have actually experienced sexual harassment.

edit on 12-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I think Kate was touched quite a bit before the prince get to her.

The football team retired 'her' jersey.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
if you can't touch them, how are we going to arrest them?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I thought the King does what the King wants. Isn't that the real royal protocol?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Adaluncatif

Lebron should have tongue kissed her or grabbed her ass.

I would ask the same thing of any nation.

Until humans stop idolizing & worshipping other humans, we will remain happily ignorant slaves.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

Absolutely asinine.

It's also incredibly offensive to people who have actually experienced sexual harassment.

Oh my dear God.

Do you actually understand how sexual harassment is defined ?

It includes UNWANTED PHYSICAL CONTACT.

scotland.shelter.org.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If you are taking a casual photo with someone you usually end up in contact with them.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you are taking a casual photo with someone you usually end up in contact with them.

Only if the person who you are making contact with asks you to do so.

One should never assume what the other person may think or want.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why do we keep sending idiots over there? this is a different country with their own rules. Aren't there advisors or consultants to address the dos and donts? Look at the Obamas, freaking iPods to the royals.. I could see it being a side gift after the real gift was given and the cameras were gone..

I've never been to England and don't know squat on how I should act around royals. But even in my ignorance I have enough cooth not to touch and give bs gifts..

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

I think Kate was touched quite a bit before the prince get to her.

The football team retired 'her' jersey.

Your misogyny is showing.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
Why do we keep sending idiots over there? this is a different country with their own rules. Aren't there advisors or consultants to address the dos and donts? Look at the Obamas, freaking iPods to the royals.. I could see it being a side gift after the real gift was given and the cameras were gone..

I've never been to England and don't know squat on how I should act around royals. But even in my ignorance I have enough cooth not to touch and give bs gifts..

Presidents and everyone acting in an official capacity are briefed by a protocol officer in the White House before meeting any official from another country. Some of them are too ignorant or uncouth to listen. Any celebrity who meets the royals (in a pre-arranged visit--and virtually all of them are prearranged) is briefed on protocol. Again, the same applies: some of them are too ignorant or uncouth to listen.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
How ridiculous...anyone who feels they shouldn't be touched by 'the normals' has problems...if this is what is implied by 'royalty,' it's highly immoral and we need to do away with that concept once and for all.

No one should be touched by anyone else without permission. Don't you get that?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Ameilia

Well im an American and I say if im good enough to have my picture with ya i can touch you and in america if i want to shake the persidents hand i can . If we want to put our arms around one another we can lol.
And I think its rude to think your better than other people and to have the boldness to think you got the right to rule by blood alone lol .
To think you so much better that your people cant touch you ....and then to have the people enslaved into that mentality so much they call it tradition ....no thanks ....I anm proud to be an American

Actually, you can't put your arm around anyone without their permission. If they press the issue, you could be arrested.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join