It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton during photo op with duchess...

British media was aghast that King James would dare touch her royal highness as he placed his arm across the shoulder of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge for about 20 seconds as a photo was arranged. William and Kate met with the NBA's version of royalty minutes after his Cavaliers drubbed the Nets in Brooklyn on Monday. Source

So, apparently 'King' James has sent Britain into a tizzy by placing his arms around Kate Middleton during a photo session after the Cavaliers-Nets game in New York last night. It appears the rule with royalty is 'do not touch them until they touch themselves first' or some such ridiculousness. It also seems Americans are too 'touchy feely' for some of our friends who witnessed this 'appalling' and 'uncomfortable' spectacle.

Hey, news flash. Kate Middleton is just an average person who puts her $700 designer jeans on the same way I do, with the help of a personal assistant.

edit on 10-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's custom in the UK to not touch royals. Michelle Obama caused a scandal when Obama was first elected because she touched Queen Elizabeth. Just because we don't do it that way in the USA doesn't mean their customs and rules shouldn't be respected. If you ever find yourself around a royal: no touch. It's very rude.

+44 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

These jerks can go eff themselves. Their entire world is delusional. They are elitist who behind private doors talk down about commoners. They aren't royal, they are royal a-holes.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I feel as well that it is ridiculous. She is a human being, only possessing an illusion of power, propped up by wealth.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Bah. They were lucky it was just him. Forget her shoulder, my hand would have been elsewhere.

+17 more 
link   

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

It's custom in the UK to not touch royals. Michelle Obama caused a scandal when Obama was first elected because she touched Queen Elizabeth. Just because we don't do it that way in the USA doesn't mean their customs and rules shouldn't be respected. If you ever find yourself around a royal: no touch. It's very rude.

On the other side of the token - in America it is not custom to not touch people of power. They shouldn't come to America and assume everyone understands their obscure code of conduct.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton during photo op with duchess, Prince William

British media was aghast that King James would dare touch her royal highness as he placed his arm across the shoulder of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge for about 20 seconds as a photo was arranged. William and Kate met with the NBA's version of royalty minutes after his Cavaliers drubbed the Nets in Brooklyn on Monday. Source

So, apparently 'King' James has sent Britain into a tizzy by placing his arms around Kate Middleton during a photo session after the Cavaliers-Nets game in New York last night. It appears the rule with royalty is 'do not touch them until they touch themselves first' or some such ridiculousness. It also seems American's are too 'touchy feely' for some of our friends who witnessed this 'appalling' and 'uncomfortable' spectacle.

Hey, news flash. Kate Middleton is just an average person who puts her $700 designer jeans on the same way I do, with the help of a personal assistant.

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

link   
Hahahah I'm British and couldn't give a toss...what a non-story [/yawn]

link   
Anarchy in the U.S

link   
maybe it was a get back at Putin for touching the First Lady of China.

the world loves who's got the biggest &%& games...

...balls in someone's court...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Getting britain into a tizzy?

Really we dont give a #.

99% of us brits probably would not have cared if he landed a kiss on her.
edit on 10-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh no a simple peasent touched a royal lol
edit on 10-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
...balls in someone's court...

Hah. You win the pun and innuendo award for this thread.

edit on 10-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer so I am ging to harvest his liver

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Funny the press I have seen states that the royal couple are moving forward with the times and no one minded one bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18754363]crazyewok[/post

Really we dont give a #

But the tabloids are having soooo much fun with this, reminding us what a bunch of parvenus we all are over here.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

On the flip side of the argument we have to respect the US rules when your president vists us so really you should resoect our rules?

Though I think its all bull # anyway

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: [post=18754363]crazyewok[/post

Really we dont give a #

But the tabloids are having soooo much fun with this, reminding us what a bunch of parvenus we all are over here.

Yeah the tabloids

I would not use those propaganda rags to wipe my arse.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
On the flip side of the argument we have to respect the US rules when your president vists us so really you should resoect our rules?

What are the specific rules revolving around Dear Leader? (other than the obvious safety protocols)

Though I think its all bull # anyway

I agree. It think it is comical that there are even people still around considered 'royal'.

edit on 10-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his part time job only pays enough for Zima

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

That's why Obama wasn't invited to The Royal Wedding a couple of years ago.

You just can't have Yanks at High Society Functions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join