It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public smoking should be banned completely

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Because it's my choice to do it and not your place to tell what I can and can ot do. THIS is the mindset that's help get us where we are. "I don't like it so you shouldn't be able to do it". Well, I don't like fake vanilla perfumes, so you can't have any. I hate romance novels and chick flicks, so you shouldn't be able to watch them. If you don't like what I'm doing, go somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

We should all be eating insects. Good for us, tasty ((being dead serious)) pan fried crickets are amazing with a dash of salt and paprika

Try extra virgin olive oil and just a touch of garlic powder [ not garlic salt!! ] on a bed of brown rice. Or flame roasted on a skewer. The roasting brings out the nutty flavor.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sussy
I have smoked for 40 years, all day every day, since I was 12. I lived in a house with smoking parents since I was born and probably during my growth in the womb AND I AM STILL ALIVE. If it is so bad for me why has it not killed me 20 times over? I expect to live to 80 plus and die a smoker. All humans, until electricity, sat in a house filled with smoke from coal or wood fires. Every one of the billions of humans from the start of time took in smoke. That is why our lungs have filters. Ancient tribes smoked, modern tribes smoke. What the body can't take is sugars and fats. They are the biggest killers, not second hand smoke that our lungs are already designed to cope with. For those that are disgusted with a puff of smoke but will sit around a barbeque or an out door fire are hypocrites.

I think it is somewhat different

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These cigarette ingredients include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

Put those on a spoon and feed them to the kids, will you be arrested?
www.quitsmokingsupport.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
The OP was about smelling smoke. I told my story and asked why hasn't it killed me yet? Didn't mention anything about spoon feeding kids with it. Nor did the OP. When this words goes nuts and we are all out there lighting fires to cook and keep warm by, you will smelling and taking in smoke too.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There are many regualtions banning smoking near entrances, inside of buisnesses and so on. However banning something that is completely legal is ludicrous. You dont smoke but many other people do, regardless if you can understand it or not. I don't drink so lets go ahead and ban booze because I don't like the way it makes me feel, how anyone can enjoy being drunk is beyond me. What youre suggesting is sort of like that, its pure ridiculousness.

I also hate the smell of my neighbors BBQ smoke when it gets inside my house, lets ban that too.

edit on 14-12-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

well thanks...now I am super hungry :-)

It really didn't take me but two seconds to get over the idea that I was eating bugs

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
muse7 I think they should ban all talk about banning public smoking. And then ban internet whining.

There, goes both ways. You want to ban public smoking, something many enjoy. So, imagine being told what you can and cannot do.

Seriously, this planet needs to grow up. No matter who you are you do things that offend others, can't please everyone all the time. Agree to disagree, peaceful coexistence, tail between the legs, whatever it's called, it's better than all out war over something as petty as cigarettes.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I feel the same way about country music, including the headaches!

Let's ban that too!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Let's ban that too!

That's something I could get behind

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Let's ban that too!

All country music?

Come on everybody loved Billy Ray Cyrus's "Dont break my heart, my achy breaky heart"

Ahhh why did I have to post that I cant get it out of my head now, its like broken record,

Im off to smash my head against a wall now, Sorry folks

edit on 15-12-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Just because you have an issue with smoking you cant deal with, dont take it out on reality.

But then... youre not here. It is absolutely a requirement in not hiring NEW HIRES. And they are not interested in if youll quit if you get hired.

Of course there are places still there for smokers to indulge, including hospitals. But they are few and far between with signs announcing those places will no longer be provided within 30ft of the buildings and med centers....nor be provided by the employer anymore.

They will however, assist any current employee addicted to cigarettes in quitting.

ie: Universtiy of Michigan Hospital
Oakwood Health Care Hospitals
Detroit Medical Centers
Henry Ford Medical Centers
....and a few dozen others

Seriously...you also cant buy cigarettes at CVS Pharmacies...soon, it will be all pharmacy-stores...then Wal-marts...then...
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: splckr

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I don't get the thing about how everyone knows smoking is bad, but no one wants to do anything effective about it. It's like governments get too much money from it, that they don't want to terminate it. And yet they want to virtue signal that they don't really accept it.

The end result is that when back in the day, there were only a few smokers here and there, now that in my area bars are open from morning to night, AND smoking is forbidden inside, you can only guess how enjoyable it is to walk through a certain 'gauntlet' in a shopping mall with bars all over the place, and groups of people smoking everywhere as if their life depended on it. There's no breathable fresh air where you just HAVE to walk. They moved the groups of smoking people from inside bars (where they wouldn't have bothered so many) to outside of bars (where they bother a record number of people).

Governmental 'improvements' are always like this, innocent people always suffer. There's no way to avoid second-hand smoking now, when back in the day, there was.

I also hate the system where the cigarette brands are hidden, but you can still buy cigarettes if you somehow know what you want (the reason why I didn't continue smoking at one point). You can still smoke, BUT now the boxes of cigarettes are designed to make you vomit, like what the heck? If you're that much against smoking, just ban selling cigarettes and we can all breathe and no one has to watch those boxes.

It's like they're doing everything but the effective stuff, and these micromeasures are only annoying and irritate and anger people. By driving up the price or taxes, they only rake in more money from those that are killing themselves by smoking before they start costing the same government money in hospital beds because of the diseases they get.. BECAUSE OF SMOKING.

It's this wishy-washy governmental attitude about smoking, it's like telling 'please don't smoke, but buy cigarettes anyway' or something. I don't get why they can't just put their foot down or something.

Of course people that smoke are really stupid - why do it? Why stay with it? Do they think it gives them more pleasure than meditation or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join