It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public smoking should be banned completely

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was joking. Well, I don't drink but that's just because I have a 4yr old, an 8 month old and a job that starts at 6am. Hangovers would do me no favours. But yeah, I was just trying to make a point. Man that bombed. Plus my parents own a pub so it's in my best interests for all you people to go out and spend tons of money!

a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

Phew

I had an inkling it was in jest but it can be hard conveying sarcasm on the net.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Let's be real if you truly cared about your kids you wouldn't smoke period.

Wow...how delightfully offensive and presumptious and emotionally-driven I might add

So a parent who smokes, who takes it outside the house then returns, like my brother doesn't care about his kids? Tell me what amazing powers you have to discern this interesting information

Just admit it....you have a personal axe to grind, and therefore a hefty bias on this topic

which is fine. This is America and a rant forum...it's pretty much open season. But just say it...you have a hefty bias that is pulling you towrds emotionally-driven messages

I admit it every day...I won't derail...but when it comes to mental health I have a strong bias...in fact every person on this forum is biased in some way

But we've largely removed smoking indoors in public...why chase them all the way into their home AND THEN have you tell someone that if they have kids and smoke they don't care about them?
edit on 10-12-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: muse7

I would say it keeps people level, you don't want to deal with my old man if he can't have his smokes.
Maybe not as useful as a transportation but still a purpose.

And would you want to ban all smoking period? Or just smoking of cigs?

I don't want to ban smoking, just smoking in public places.

Puffing in your babies faces at home is not good either, it addicted my husbands whole family before they even grew up and caused health problems too...it is really horrid to blow smoke in a childs face knowing the toxins they have put in cigarettes.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I would say it keeps people level, you don't want to deal with my old man if he can't have his smokes.

Puffing in your babies faces at home is not good either, it addicted my husbands whole family before they even grew up and caused health problems too...it is really horrid to blow smoke in a childs face knowing the toxins they have put in cigarettes.

That's why I said that if somebody truly cared about their kids then they would quit smoking completely.

There are no benefits whatsoever to such a repulsive activity.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Let's be real if you truly cared about your kids you wouldn't smoke period.

Wow...how delightfully offensive and presumptious and emotionally-driven I might add

So a parent who smokes, who takes it outside the house then returns, like my brother doesn't care about his kids? Tell me what amazing powers you have to discern this interesting information

Just admit it....you have a personal axe to grind, and therefore a hefty bias on this topic

which is fine. This is America and a rant forum...it's pretty much open season. But just say it...you have a hefty bias that is pulling you towrds emotionally-driven messages

I admit it every day...I won't derail...but when it comes to mental health I have a strong bias...in fact every person on this forum is biased in some way

But we've largely removed smoking indoors in public...why chase them all the way into their home AND THEN have you tell someone that if they have kids and smoke they don't care about them?

Because if someone truly cared about their kids they would not subject themselves AND their kids to the carcinogens and all of the other chemicals that are found in 2nd hand smoke.

I mean if someone really did care about their family they would not be inhaling thousands of chemicals that cause cancer and the worse part of this is that smoking has no other benefit other than relieving your addiction.

I don't really get why people smoke, It's such a stupid and repulsive thing to do and causes cancer.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Congratulations .. youre the poster child of the nanny state .

Now go lock yourself in your house away from the big scary world and let people live their lives how they choose.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I started when I was 19 cos I thought thr fonz smoked.
Found out last year he never did.
Lol.
And lets face it I could get run over by a bus tomorrow

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
As a former smoker who know can't stand the smell now, I still say mind your own business. You can walk away if it is out doors. And no a small amount out doors isn't going to hurt you.

Smoking was a source of emotional comfort, it relaxed me when I am stressed. Many people are still alive because of my former smoking. The world is in far more jeopardy since I quit.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

??!!

- we're on the verge of a global economic meltdown
- we're teetering on the verge of yet another world war
- we've got government and corporate corruption to the enth degree
- neverending famine
- neverending poverty
- growing homelessness
- growing joblessness
- we're being poisoned by big pharmacy
- we're being poisoned by the food and drink we consume
- pollution and environmental disasters happening everywhere
- the world is running out of clean potable water
- we're being spied on, lied to, manipulated, brainwashed, and terrorized

... and you're concerned about getting a whiff of someone's smelly cigarette smoke ?!

... really ?!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

repulsive activity.

There you go again...you disrespect all smokers who responded to you - Should we turn around and say something like " why dont you get a life " What a waste of ATS server space.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

- we're on the verge of a global economic meltdown
- we're teetering on the verge of yet another world war
- we've got government and corporate corruption to the enth degree
- neverending famine
- neverending poverty
- growing homelessness
- growing joblessness
- we're being poisoned by big pharmacy
- we're being poisoned by the food and drink we consume
- pollution and environmental disasters happening everywhere
- the world is running out of clean potable water
- we're being spied on, lied to, manipulated, brainwashed, and terrorized

... and you're concerned about getting a whiff of someone's smelly cigarette smoke ?!

... really ?!

Yeah perspective is everything! Muse needs to get a life...and some chill pills

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Me thinks Muse is very young...
....just an inkling I have due to his/her posting style, here and around the boards.

(I could be wrong...if so, Muse is very naive and needs to learn to prioritize)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Because if someone truly cared about their kids they would not subject themselves AND their kids to the carcinogens and all of the other chemicals that are found in 2nd hand smoke.

I mean if someone really did care about their family they would not be inhaling thousands of chemicals that cause cancer and the worse part of this is that smoking has no other benefit other than relieving your addiction.

I don't really get why people smoke, It's such a stupid and repulsive thing to do and causes cancer.

No friend...your biased opinion may be that they don't care. Plenty of these parents take it outside and do their thing...no harm done to said kids. Yeah don't get me wrong, you show me a parent straight up blowing smoke in a kids face or in close proximity I am right there with you. But beyond that, you don't get to decide that they do or don't care for their kids. Plenty of parents smoke and are ultra responsible around kids.

And I don't even smoke...think it's gross...but hell man anyone here wanna puff? Fire away homies! I don't give a crap if you're not "15 feet from a door" OMG!!!! 2 microparticles may have entered my space...in the outdoors....with wind

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

There are no benefits whatsoever to such a repulsive activity.

So why post this thread?

It seems as thought these types of opinions are repulsive to the majority yet you feel like its a benefit?

Its repulsive to assume another is harming their family, its repulsive to think one that is against your position is automatically a smoker and harming their kids.

Its not actually repulsive its borderline delusional making such assumptions are blowing your horn about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

You should start watching your back - you may find a smoker willing to punch you in the mouth, the next time you feel it necessary to impose your opinion.

Be advised : Correctional Facilities are non-smoking environments.

and even there is it possible to acquire tobacco.... And punches in mouths lol

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

the cigarettes filled with toxins remark works wonderful when people don't realize how much toxins are consumed in their daily lifestyles.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Ok...reading the thread to this point, it seems that most are against your idea of banning smoking because....well, it's all already written here, so.

Anyways,

What is the purpose of smoking other than fulfilling your nicotine addiction and exhaling toxic carcinogenic fumes?

I'll just stop right here and answer this one question, from a smokers standpoint....

...it...keeps...me...from....killing....others.

That is all I have to say about that.

Ban this banning everything sh#t...that is what I advocate!

I guess in some cultures death isn't a natural occurring thing? And is prevented in these cultures? Hhhmmmm I'm curious where these people live that cutting out particular substances from society actually makes anything close to a noticeable difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If it's outdoors it's not possible it gives you a headache. It's venting and you're lying!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have smoked for 40 years, all day every day, since I was 12. I lived in a house with smoking parents since I was born and probably during my growth in the womb AND I AM STILL ALIVE. If it is so bad for me why has it not killed me 20 times over? I expect to live to 80 plus and die a smoker. All humans, until electricity, sat in a house filled with smoke from coal or wood fires. Every one of the billions of humans from the start of time took in smoke. That is why our lungs have filters. Ancient tribes smoked, modern tribes smoke. What the body can't take is sugars and fats. They are the biggest killers, not second hand smoke that our lungs are already designed to cope with. For those that are disgusted with a puff of smoke but will sit around a barbeque or an out door fire are hypocrites.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join