It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for everyone regarding immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

you pretended to not be able to answer "what dont you understand".....SOOOO

Like I said before, you people act like their countries are CRAPPY. I think their countries are rich in resources and potential. You all think they would die and be condemned to abject horror if they went HOME.

I am was born and raised in the US. I now the reality of immigrants because I have lived and worked with them MY ENTIRE LIFE, they are my family friends and co workers. Can you say the same?
edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
I know.
Maybe I could have been more clear. What money is being spent on illegal immigrants? If they are "working under the table" doesn't that mean they are earning money?

edit on 11/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course, their are people paying taxes. Many also abuse it to claiming 10 dependants. I be fairly certain, most in our jails and on our welfare system are not.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mugger

I be fairly certain, most in our jails and on our welfare system are not.

Do you think they are in jail for a free ride? Don't those get deported?
How do illegal immigrants get welfare benefits?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I thought it was implied.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I thought it was implied.

I saw it as an off topic statement. I didn't see an implied question.
edit on 2014/11/23 by Metallicus because: clarity fix

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You do realize that there is not a single public assistance program in the US that doesnt have some form of illegal immigrants on the doll. RIGHT?

They make money, send it home, WHICH IS FINE, but ask for rent assistance, public housing, medical treatment, and EVERYTHING else that greatly out ways the possible contributions.

Like I said, FAMILY FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS....I know this situation INTIMATELY.

Go ahead. Shoot.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Yopu do realize that there is not a single public assistance program in the US that doesnt have some form of illegal immigrants on the doll. RIGHT?

No. I don't. I suppose it could be true but how are they able to collect benefits without documents?
How many, actually?

Do any citizens fraudulently collect? Is that ok if they do?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Public and private property are not the same.

I disagree. Property is property.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Maybe I or some of mine worked with you but I am no longer living there. Yes there is a way to get by and even to make it big even in these "crappy" countries. That doesn't change the fact that there are many who see an opportunity in being able to fill the spots offered by those in your country.

edit on 23-11-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That is not necessary.

Its not a requirement.

If they have minors for example, they get food, medical for the kids, rent assistance, money for expenses and other help...in just NYC...imagine every US city, state and in every county.

Add to that illness, disability, age and other factors one can argue with a social worker for help.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: DJMSN

Have you been paying attention to what's going on in Mexico lately? Protests and mass demonstrations. And what are they *issed off about, the 43 dead students, the corruption, and why?

Because of US involvement in Narco trafficking and gunrunning. This has killed hundreds of thousands innocents alone.

Funny, my legal Mexican friends who have family in MX mention nothing about being angry with the US. The MX citizens are angry about the other things though and they also hate their president. Fortunately, he only has a two year term.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Now you are wrong, there are even seperate legal fields that deals with each one.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

If they have minors, they get food, medical for the kids, rent assistance, money for expenses and other help...in just NYC...imagine every US city, state and in every county.

Doesn't the 1996 welfare reform act sort of prohibit that sort of thing?

Any noncitizen who does not meet the definition of qualified alien is considered a nonqualified alien for the purpose of determining eligibility for benefits. “Undocumented,” or illegal, immigrants fall into the nonqualified category, but so do aliens considered to be nonimmigrants, such as students or foreign visitors, and others who are lawfully present in the United States, such as applicants for asylum.

sogpubs.unc.edu...

I know that kids born in the US may qualify but that doesn't really support a whole family, does it? And fraud is fraud, but citizens do that too, don't they. Is that ok?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Tadaman covered some of it. As for jail, there have been multiple reports for this year alone of illegals just being released and not deported. What does deporting them do anyway with an unsecure border? Is deporting the criminals going to stop them from returning?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I know.

I figured. Gotcha.

I'd be very interested to see you do a thread on this. You get flipped a lot of crap and you're not all that personable, but you're clearly a very smart cookie and I'd like your take.

I doubt it means a thing but you are one of the members I always read, and even when I disagree, always find your contributions highly valuable. It's rare to find someone willing to argue and explain, because they dislike people making up their minds based on crappy facts.

Wish you were a little more open, you share tidbits here and there. Riots, flying...

Really would appreciate your take on this whole thing.

link   

Now you are wrong, there are even seperate legal fields that deals with each one.

You can try to obfuscate the truth however you want, but taking something that isn't yours is wrong regardless or ownership.

link   
a reply to: mugger

Is deporting the criminals going to stop them from returning?

Probably, as opposed to just returning them. I think there's a difference.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm not talking about the average Joe protesters, I'm talking about the student activists and organizers.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
This one I really don't know much about. Where I live it is not a pressing issue.
I'm trying to sort things out but there seems to be a low signal to noise ratio. From both sides.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join