It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for everyone regarding immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks for being so mindful of your peoples problems.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
I am "mindful." (Very hip word nowadays)

I'm just rational enough to know that the solution to those problems is not as simple as blaming them on illegal immigrants.

edit on 11/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Metallicus
Maybe if it were 500 years ago you could ask them and your comment might actually be relevant.

Also, please keep your condescending "buddy" references to yourself. I am not your "buddy".

But they would actually probably say the same.

I don't even know this person and they were obnoxious and rude. I am not sure why you would support their obvious lack of decorum.
edit on 2014/11/23 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Take the hypothetical situation and return it back to Mexico with the 5 million illegal immigrants. They are a collective drain on the tax payers for welfare,medical, schools, and jails and do not want to assimilate. Businesses get cheap labor and the tax payers fund it. Take care of our Vets and poor first.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You told me to start with what I don't understand?

I see poor people going some place where there are people willing to give them a job. Obviously these are not the poor americans you are talking about.

Seems to me those americans don't really care about other americans so why blame those from "crappy" countries when yours seems to be just about the same as crappy?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mugger

They are a collective drain on the tax payers for welfare,medical, schools, and jails and do not want to assimilate.
Are they? You know this how? They don't pay any taxes? Are you sure?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

FIrst of all, I did not blame ANYONE let alone illegal immigrants. That is a lie and you are now lying to win an argument based on insensitivity on your part to your own peoples situation.

second of all, its not LOGICAL to help others when our people are in need. Its not logical to argue MORALITY when logic dictates that we need to be ok before we start helping others like it was the American golden age.

third, you just said you are doing better....that is not even close to the reality for most Americans... what makes you think you even have the perspective necessary to comment on the needs of the poorest of our country.

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I don't even know this person and they were obnoxious and rude. I am not sure why you would support their obvious lack of decorum.

I saw a simple and honest question.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

you are feigning ignorance to derail the topic.

I asked you what you dont understand.

thats cheap and childish. Tell me where I am wrong or ask me to explain what you dont understand of my argument.

This, is crap.

ALSO
"crappy" is the sentiment of the people advocating these people stay here because they see the home countries of these immigrants as being so awful that they couldnt possibly make it there. I personally respect their cultures and their history and for that KNOW that they are like us and CAN make it there.

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: Daedal

If you have two people who are going to change the world, why would they have to be in the United States? Maybe they would have better opportunities in another country. Maybe being in the US is a hindrance to their world changing mission. I haven't seen a lot of "world changing for the better" stuff coming out of the US lately.

Oh please. Being in the US is going to give anyone an advantage when you compare Mexico.

Some little genius tucked away in a crapass Mexican city is going to have a much better education and a much better chance of succeeding here.

What about Britain? France? Canada? The Vatican? China? Japan? Lots of countries have many fine educational opportunities. Then there is the opportunity to do the work. Will someone in the US provide the world with a better solution to GMO crops? Not if Monsanto has anything to say about it. Do you see the US becoming a leader in solar technology, or producing a cheap substitute for oil?

The US may be the go-to country if you want to be a lawyer, a soldier, a government employee, a business leader, or a prisoner. But world changing innovation doesn't seem to be our strong suit anymore.

Sweetheart we're talking about the US. The whole point of the OP was the recent events in the US. So that's what I'm talking about.

I stayed on topic. Illegals (from crappy Latin American countries especially Mexico) would have a much better time in many other countries. Again, we are talking about the US.

Will someone in the US provide the world with a better solution to GMO crops? Not if Monsanto has anything to say about it. Do you see the US becoming a leader in solar technology, or producing a cheap substitute for oil?

Wow. You tried to turn this into a GMO debate. Not at all the topic. I'm embarrassed for you.

Do you see the US becoming a leader in solar technology, or producing a cheap substitute for oil?

How is this in anyway related to the OP and the question posed? Pretty sure the US will carry on as usual and spank competition. Apple is worth more than Russia now. We landed on the moon. How's the internet treating you? If you want to have a pissing contest between countries the US will ALWAYS win. It's past your bedtime.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk
a reply to: Daedal

The specific individual would change the world whether they were in the USA or their home country.

The cost of having the other 4,999,999 lazy stupid criminals sucking down taxpayer funds would not justify the one good one.

Does this also apply to the poor? For every super wealthy individual in the top 0.1% you have 999 other people that remain poor and do nothing of impact. Is it to hell with them as well?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

FIrst of all, I did not blame ANYONE let alone illegal immigrants.
Sorry. I must have misunderstood.

The fact is that 5 freaking MILLION people who broke the law to get here are not the sort of people I want in my country. Especially in those numbers.

second of all, its not LOGICAL to help others when our people are in need.
What "help?" How does allowing people who have been living here for years, who have families here, prevent helping people who are in need?

third, you just said you are doing better....that is not even close to the reality for most Americans
Maybe, I don't know that. But you asked and I answered.

what makes you think you even have the perspective necessary to comment on the needs of the poorest of our country.
What makes you think that this action will decrease efforts to help the poorest of our country?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Phage, they work mostly off the books.

Are you REALLY going to tell us that MILLIONS of people working on a cash basis pay the same taxes as us for the services they receive?

How do YOU know that they do?

Have a source?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You told me to start with what I don't understand?

I see poor people going some place where there are people willing to give them a job. Obviously these are not the poor americans you are talking about.

Seems to me those americans don't really care about other americans so why blame those from "crappy" countries when yours seems to be just about the same as crappy?

How about we all just come you your house and disrespect your home and property rights? We can all eat your food, drink your booze and spend your money. Heck, it's way better at your house. Why should you have it so good we can all just share your stuff? Let's all just destroy society because it's more convenient.

There is a big difference between me being invited to your house and me just breaking in because I like what you have. How about after I break into your house we change the laws and say I can stay in your house.

Idiots.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Are you REALLY going to tell us that MILLIONS of people working on a cash basis pay the same taxes as us for the services they receive?
Are you really going to tell me that there are not millions of citizens who don't do that?
What services are you talking about, btw?

link   

originally posted by: tadaman
you are feigning ignorance to derail the topic.

No I'm not. I know the topic well enough.

I asked you what you dont understand.

thats cheap and childish. Tell me where I am wrong or ask me to explain what you dont understand of my argument.

This, is crap.

You seemed to be asking why they don't do what they can in their own "crappy" countries. I can't answer that but I can say that I understand that if they see an opportunity in yours then I understand why they would take that depite your objection.

On a tangent, I thought you were from Spain.

link   

How does allowing people who have been living here for years, who have families here, prevent helping people who are in need?

because they are a drain on our system that is already taxed beyond its design. It not that it prevents helping others, its that it makes the available help that much less for us.

What makes you think that this action will decrease efforts to help the poorest of our country?

how does it help?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

How does allowing people who have been living here for years, who have families here, prevent helping people who are in need?

I think he meant (and knowing you this was obvious) spending money on illegals is money that could have been spent on citizens.

I'm not arguing here, just trying to keep the waters clear.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I saw a simple and honest question.

They never asked a question. Just made an irrelevant statement and acted arrogant.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Strawman.

Public and private property are not the same.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join