It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I think people are just tired of spoon feeding you information because time after time you just ignore it. How many times have people explained to you the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory. Has it been 20 times 50 times maybe even a 100 times but you just ignore them. So what is the point of explaining things to you that you will just ignore?

It is like how you ignored peter vlars responses to you explaining things in detail. Some people will waste their time trying to teach you while those like myself know you're a hopeless cause of your own volition and refuse to waste to much time on you. You simply are not worth it IMO.

I think you are realising you have nothing

and I couldnt care less about your little pet gripe the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory. It does not prove anything valid, (It might to you). I will ignore it because it holds no evidence; I dont want your pedantics, I want evidence.

You say you wont waste your time but here you are

Explain index fossils........if you can, I will listen

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

Bravo, now you are even using my own words when you have run out of all else. But not even in a way that proves me wrong. You literally just threw a sentiment at me. Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Jesus, again, was a prophet, I assume that is the one you mean when you say Christ?
So how do you think God feels about, when you put a human being as God next to him?
F# d#

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Your post was utter garbage and you have resorted to talking nonsense. It really has come to that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

So you accept the idea of an unprovable superior being creating every living being, but when it comes to reality you need something unquestionable?
Science in itself is evolving, like everything else, why don't you look for evidence in your faith some more.
If anything proves the existence of god, than it is the fact: there is life, living means evolving, in physical, psychological and philosophical ways. You are trying to kill your god, because you force it to stuck in one never changing place. Something that doesn't evolve is dead. Congratulations, you killed your own god....

Reality?
Are you setting the reality agenda, please understand that God is as real to me as your computer screen.

Yes science is evolving and needs to prove evolution, if it was a simple stated fact then many more would believe it. Even Mr Dawkins stated we may have been seeded by aliens.

BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution?

DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.

Why does dawkins make that statement, he doesnt have answers

Why is science still researching evolution, simple they dont have all the answers.

Why do I disbelieve it, I dont have the faith required in science and scientists or their answers.
I accept evolution to a point, I dont deny that, just not cross species evolution.

Sadly your assumptions of my opinins are invalid.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Any evidence of the Bible content ?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

So, you do disbelieve in science? What do you do, when you got an acute appendicitis? Die, while you pray for it to go away? Or go to a scientist(dr.) to cure it?

@TechUnique: not pretty to get caught lying, I assume?
Again, care to answer what super"we" you keep refering to?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You thought wrong. You have forgotten that we once went rounds where I spoon fed you info over and over. You are still ignoring anything that disagrees with your worldview.

I will not repeat that with you because that would be insane.

and I couldnt care less about your little pet gripe the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory. It does not prove anything valid, (It might to you). I will ignore it because it holds no evidence; I dont want your pedantics, I want evidence.

Thank you. You couldn't care less. Not just about proper definitions but about any science that goes against your preconceived notions.

Yup I am here but what makes you think I am here for you? Do you think you're special? Oh I forgot that is a tenet of christianity.... In case you didn't understand I am here for my own reasons.

I know you will read it but at the same time you will ignore any explanation that goes against your world view. You are not my problem.

I have watched you. You love to get people to give you long explanations of things with links going into detail only to to ignore what those explanations are or explain in any detail why you may disagree with them so you do not even get to the point where you source contrary info. Dude I got your MO pegged already. Like I said I played your game already and I don't plan on playing that game again with you.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Any evidence of the Bible content ?

No not from me, no.
The bible is a historical account of people. Easily dismissed as myth or silly faith.
though there is plenty of archaeological evidence of the people of that time.
Unlike many books written it doesnt paint the people who wrote it in a good light, they actually make themselves out as bad and stupid people. Very unusual by historys standard.
If an individual researched the evidence of history, prophecy, the law, the reasons for the issues it raises, it does become self evident. Just reading it with out studying it is not helpful.
The majority of those who call themselves Christian by their actions prove they are not. This is indicated by the bible, it is a proof, if you want to see it that way.

God is God, He can be called on to establish His own identity.
edit on b2014Sat, 22 Nov 2014 03:36:18 -0600113020146am302014-11-22T03:36:18-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You thought wrong. You have forgotten that we once went rounds where I spoon fed you info over and over. You are still ignoring anything that disagrees with your worldview.

I will not repeat that with you because that would be insane.

Thank you. You couldn't care less. Not just about proper definitions but about any science that goes against your preconceived notions.

Yup I am here but what makes you think I am here for you? Do you think you're special? Oh I forgot that is a tenet of christianity.... In case you didn't understand I am here for my own reasons.

I know you will read it but at the same time you will ignore any explanation that goes against your world view. You are not my problem.

I have watched you. You love to get people to give you long explanations of things with links going into detail only to to ignore what those explanations are or explain in any detail why you may disagree with them so you do not even get to the point where you source contrary info. Dude I got your MO pegged already. Like I said I played your game already and I don't plan on playing that game again with you.

Cool, then just let it go, we disagree.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

What do you mean by cross species evolution?

You may be misunderstanding how new species arise.
edit on 11-22-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

No not from me, no.
The bible is a historical account of people. Easily dismissed as myth or silly faith.
though there is plenty of archaeological evidence of the people of that time.

Historical account ?
The only character you can be sure of in the Bible is ... Pontius Pilatus.
Wonder if you would dare consider the apocryphal scriptures and, why some scriptures were deemed acceptable to be compiled in the said book while other were thrown away ?
Archaeology also confirms that evidence.

Unlike many books written it doesnt paint the people who wrote it in a good light, they actually make themselves out as bad and stupid people. Very unusual by historys standard.
If an individual researched the evidence of history, the law, the reasons for the issues it raises, it does become self evident. Just reading it with out studying it is not helpful.
The majority of those who call themselves Christian by their actions prove they are not. This is indicated by the bible, it is a proof, if you want to see it that way.

God is God, He can be called on to establish His own identity.

Got you on that one, so few TRUE Christians in our world.
But considering the practical aspects, it's like you need to turn yourself into a monk to never break any rule.
Do you consider exercise of rituals as mandatory to the submission to the 'faith' ?
They are less relevant than the core values for me.
So are the dogmas, irrelevant as well from my perspective.
I'm a gnostic, from a Roman Catholic family.

God can be called ? You can call him any time you want.
You'll be the first to be surprised when He will answer ...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

So I asked Mr Vlar about index fossils and he left.
How about you explain the idea behind dating rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks and the utter stupidity of circular reasoning and the scientific community's acceptance of it.
Now remember the term "index fossil", thats a good launch pad.

Perhaps it's because for months, throughout multiple threads, this game has been played back and forth ad nauseum with predictably similar results each time. You ask questions and present misinformation based on misrepresenting data and sourced by sites that can't get the most basic facts correct. I respond to each point directly. You ignore everything I write, tell me how wrong I am, dismiss it entirely without reading it or any citations provided let alone even responding to a single counter point. You don't give the courtesy expected in normal discourse but demand everyone else reply with the information you want despite the fact that you admit frequently that you do not and will not read the information or citations. It's an exercise in futility to continue to feed such ravenous trolls. Why don't you simply demonstrate what is wrong with the geological data? It's so wrong son you must have done ample research into the topic.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So, you do disbelieve in science? What do you do, when you got an acute appendicitis? Die, while you pray for it to go away? Or go to a scientist(dr.) to cure it?

See, they believe in science when it is convenient to them, as they would still refuse to jump out of a plane without a parachute to prove god exists. As we all know, in that situation, gravity trumps god.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

So I asked Mr Vlar about index fossils and he left.
How about you explain the idea behind dating rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks and the utter stupidity of circular reasoning and the scientific community's acceptance of it.
Now remember the term "index fossil", thats a good launch pad.

Perhaps it's because for months, throughout multiple threads, this game has been played back and forth ad nauseum with predictably similar results each time. You ask questions and present misinformation based on misrepresenting data and sourced by sites that can't get the most basic facts correct. I respond to each point directly. You ignore everything I write, tell me how wrong I am, dismiss it entirely without reading it or any citations provided let alone even responding to a single counter point. You don't give the courtesy expected in normal discourse but demand everyone else reply with the information you want despite the fact that you admit frequently that you do not and will not read the information or citations. It's an exercise in futility to continue to feed such ravenous trolls. Why don't you simply demonstrate what is wrong with the geological data? It's so wrong son you must have done ample research into the topic.

I never saw anything reasonable or valid, just a tired boring old disproven argument

Now listen (I want to be patronising and call you "son" back) Mr Vlar, the fact you can do no more than cut and past/link evolutionist articles indicates to me you dont have the ability to explain your own beliefs.

Your citations come from pro evolutionist groups who I pay no credence to, same as you pay no credence to creation science groups.
Love to chat but my Archaeoraptor is cawing, she needs to be fed

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Well we don't know yet. They're gone. Maybe discussing somewhere in the back how to tackle a logical approach...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress

See, they believe in science when it is convenient to them, as they would still refuse to jump out of a plane without a parachute to prove god exists. As we all know, in that situation, gravity trumps god.

Oh what a clever argument.
Lets compare reality with pseudo science.
Lets compare things that fall with evolution.

Lets compare what we see in reality with conjecture and faith.

Be proud evolutionists, this is your whole argument , this is how your science is represented.

edit on b2014Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:52:37 -0600113020146am302014-11-22T11:52:37-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Oh come on. You're so cheap...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
miss post, sorry

edit on b2014Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:51:50 -0600113020146am302014-11-22T11:51:50-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You're just trying to have the last word!

IT'S MINE!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join