It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Speech Made by Putin to The World...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I personally feel that Putin expressed a genuine desire to "move forward" and stop fu@king around with threats of war.

I guess his speech failed. It was supposed to convey the impression that he was prepared to go to war.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Having read through the speech the following can be stated:

Putin put this out as rhetoric and in a high game stakes of poker, I would say he has an ace or a high card up his sleeve.

From what I can see, and know of the history of Russia, he is using some of the same ideology as those who came before him, and the idea being that he is going to go after Russian interests first and then start to work to hold together a confederation of countries that hold some strategic value to the interest of Russia. They are not willing to give an inch, and ultimately any preceived threat to those interest will only cause Russia to work more behind the scenes, and puts actual war on the table.

The reason why the focus on the USA, is due to the fact that the old Soviet Union, to which Putin was a part of and a member of the KGB, lost the last conflict with the USA. Of that make no mistake, he saw what happened and the problems that came out of it.

This is also a message to the USA and others on the UN security council about what its vote will be when it comes to some resolutions for the next few years, or until Putin is no longer in power or calling the shots.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

I like this post, reading through this entire thread there where a couple of little gems but the retarded nature of most people throwing mud in a manner which has nothing to do with an actual discussion of the speech in question blows my mind. This thread is a prime example of people ignoring or manipulating the reason for the thread to push their own agendas, poorly in most cases.
Anyway, my favorite bit of the speech....
"Let me remind you about solving the problem of chemical weapons in Syria, and the substantive dialogue on the Iranian nuclear program, as well as our work on North Korean issues, which also has some positive results. Why can’t we use this experience in the future to solve local and global challenges?"
From my understanding, (which is only one of passing interest) I think he makes a fair point, Russia, with this man steering things can have a positive impact.
When he bangs on about the USA supposedly winning the cold war and all its follies since I think he also makes some good points, but who's to know what would of happened if the USSR had flourished. I love vodka but ...

edit on 18-11-2014 by generalspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Can you prove Apartment bombing was Russian false flag, don't give me twisted innuendos.

The bombing spree stopped the moment the Duma granted Putin extra-ordinary '''counter-terrorism" powers.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Putin is not the devil, But he's not a saint either.

His showing at G20 was just a formality to keep up appearances. TPTB could've chosen not to invite him, but they did. And Putin could've declined the invite, but he didn't.

The fact that he left early could speak tales considering how many leaders chose to stay including the the leader of China, Italy, France, India, etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Everyone sees Putin leaving the G20 talks as bad on Putin, but how about all the other leaders that used a summit to smear another nation? How about everyone throw their dirty laundry on the table first? There was plenty of time to discuss Ukraine before the talks and I think that Canada's leader acted like a tasteless bigot and wasted an entire summit on matters that could have been dealt with elsewhere.

Once again I am embarrassed for my nation and how it is represented.

Putin had every right to leave under those conditions and the western nations had no right to isolate Putin especially when you have China in the room. If any Nation deserves to be isolated till they clean up their act, it is China.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Reading a lot of people saying that Putin is saying it how it is etc ... The speech seemed vague to me though. It seemed like the kind of thing someone would put together if they had to sum up the disgruntled portion of the American public on a wide scale and say something that would appease or please them.

If I was a dictator and wanted to say something problematic about America, this kind of sounds like what I'd say.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interview from German state television with Putin just before G20.

Vladimir Putin Interview: US-NATO’s Global Military Design, Russia’s Sovereignty is Threatened

Link

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You may also like this video OP, it has English subtitles too.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: tavi45

Despite that I think he's the final line of defense from a brutal totalitarian global regime run by corporate interests.

Uhhh except that he runs the same sort of regime.......

Why would you throw your lot in with someone who is exactly what you feel you are enduring now, only his is a more harsh standard......

Sometimes I really wonder if people are THAT blinded for their disdain for America that they are willing to just jump on board with anyone that might oppose them......

Even if that particular person or group is considerably worse.......

but it's about time someone stands up to America's global reign of terror.

Many times through out history people thought that same thing, and then lived to regret it when they got it.....im sure Germans felt the same way when hitler came around...

People keep hoping for the downfall of America, but if that day comes, pray whoever brings it about doesnt TRULY shackle , Subjugate and ensalve you in every sense of the word....

Our problems in America are dire of course, but many of them are first world problems.....that could change dramatically, and not just for America.....

Speaking only for myself, but maybe also for others, I love America, my country.

That said, I am most distrustful of its government, the Federal Government. Most distrustful. I wages war around the globe under fraud, and by way of illegitimate legislation it has attacked the US Constitution.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: WineWithIce5
Did it ever cross your mind that it could've been you on those towers.

What about the apartment buildings the FSB blew up as a false flag? Did it cross your mind it could've been you in those buildings? Just so happens those false flag attacks helped Putin become President.

Oh yeahh ?

Building 7 is smoking gun of 9/11

Can you prove Apartment bombing was Russian false flag, don't give me twisted innuendos.

Do you have a smoking gun pal, or not.

wellthe independent investigation into the bombings was shut down by Putin so the answer is no. The two duma members that were pushing into investigations into the FSBs involvement were mysteriously assassinated. Sergei Yushenkov and Yuri Shchekochikhin, both Duma members died in apparent assassinations in April 2003 and July 2003. Another member of the commission, Otto Lacis, was assaulted in November 2003 and two years later, on November 3, 2005, he died in a hospital after a car accident. Sounds like Putin cleaned house after that no one wanted to check into the involvement of the security bureau in the bombings. But the commision still attempted to to find out the FSB involvement. The commission asked lawyer Mikhail Trepashkin to investigate the case. Mr. Trepashkin claimed to have found that the basement of one of the bombed buildings was rented by FSB officer Vladimir Romanovich and that the latter was witnessed by several people. Mr. Trepashkin was unable to bring the alleged evidence to the court because he was arrested in October 2003 for illegal arms possession, just a few days shortly before he was to make his findings public.He was sentenced by a Moscow military court to four years imprisonment for disclosing state secrets.] Amnesty International issued a statement that "there are serious grounds to believe that Mikhail Trepashkin was arrested and convicted under falsified criminal charges which may be politically motivated, in order to prevent him continuing his investigative and legal work related to the 1999 apartment bombings in Moscow and other cities". V. Romanovich subsequently died in a hit-and-run accident in Cyprus.

Needless to say anyone investigating FSB involvement in the bombings ended up dead but bottom line is the moment Putin was given the powers to arrest and detain and of course spy on Russian citizens all the trouble stopped. Sound familiar Hitler used this same tactic to gain power in the Rechstag fire which was later shown to be ordered by him.
edit on 11/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Russia is involved in terrible activities, stealing businesses within Russia from their rightful owners, corruption on a massive scale, the stealing of assets from it's people and putting into privately held hands of the privileged few. Murder on the international scale.
It's no better politically, and then you add the horrific atrocities it encourages on it's people. Why would you choose to support it. Weird.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's because no one would sit with him during dinner except Brazil. And our glorious Harper (not) felt he could tell Putin to get out of Ukraine while reluctantly shaking his hand. Atta boy Harper, you right wing slug stuck on the bottom of Obama's shoe, you should learn to keep your mouth shut in times of diplomacy.

Meh, I would leave early too. The boy's club wasn't very welcoming.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyBgood
20 years ago I would have never believed that my future self would ever say such a thing as this but it seems to me that Russia may be the only thing (along with China and India of course) standing in the way of a complete nazi (or ashkenazi) take over of the world.

Has the world really changed that much or is it just my perspective I wonder? Probably just my perspective.

I'd say Russia only. China is a creation of the USA. As for India, has it ever really pulled away from it's English influence or did it just take a different form?

Communist Mao was a creation of TPTB. Everything that has spawned in China since Mao's death has been supported by US corporations and banks. We really need to seek to find the US/western influences in Russia and see if something similar is happening in Russia. (I'm pretty sure we can all see the western influences in India already.)
edit on 18-11-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I still would have supported taking on Afghanistan. How else do you think the developed world was suddenly flooded with cheap lithium powered electronics over the same course of the occupation of quite possibly the largest lithium deposits on Earth

Let me get this straight. You are in favor of killing people who have stuff that you want so you can take it. In this case killing thousands of people including women and children so you can have cheap batteries.

This makes me hope that one day you have something that the US gov wants so you can have the same experience of empire building as those people in Afghanistan. The main difference will be that they were innocent and you are not.
edit on 18-11-2014 by johnnyBgood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

14:14 in. Look at the smirk on Mccain's face? Look at all the smirks. I've seen those smirks before and when Bush did them I wanted to smack them right off his stupid face.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My question is, If people hate the US so badly then why do they continue to live here? I never understand that. If you love Russia so much then why haven't you moved there yet?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Russia probably won't accept you unless you're an intelligence asset or financially stable etc ... Moving anywhere really when you have a family and a guaranteed but not huge income is a massive risk.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really Phage? That is over blown msm nonsense. He explained before he ever left that he had 3 different summits to go to that week and he still had the last one to get to. It was 18 hours of total flight time. He told Abbot that he had put on a very good summit and thanked him for inviting him,but that he would have to leave a bit early to get to the next and last summit and still grab a few hours of sleep.Now he repeated that to reporters over and over as they kept asking him about it. This is the west twisting the truth for every little drop of poison they can. There were several meetings where they had constructive dialog over different issues,but you won't hear that mentioned. Its all Putin is bad,hes an evil evil man,he is out to rule the world Pinky! Blah blah blah keep drinking the cool aid. Now why do you think that those in power think the average American is stupid? Because they believe everything they told! Ta Da! Gruber came out and said so earlier this week,and don't even think for one second that they don't all feel that way.

1.Give the masses a crap education,keep em dumb.
2.Twist history and feed them the ole red white and blue nonsense that we are perfect.
3.When someone finally gets sick of our corrupt bums and attacks us for meddling in they're affairs,label them the bad guys and drop bombs on them.
4.Keep the band playing and the flag waving,and have others try to ridicule and berate any who don't tow the government line with the rest of the little flag wavers.
5. 'yawn' whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join