It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Speech Made by Putin to The World...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: DJW001
Apparently, in the New World Order of Putin's the United States must respect the sovereignty of other nations, but Russia is free to annex its neighbors.

If the people in Crimea did not want to be part of Russia and had not filed officially to that effect, I believe he wouldn't have done it. And you're leaving out A LOT of the events as they proceeded to that point of a general referendum. You must be one of those "revisionist history" dudes.

Can you show me where the people of Crimea filed to be annexed by Russia before the Russians invaded? Pretty sure Russia invaded, had a vote they refused to allow to be monitored, leaked false numbers about the turnout, and then by mistake let the actual numbers get out that showed very few people voted, and only about half voted to leave the Ukraine .. all while Russia soldiers occupied the area.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think its impressive because a world leader tells it like it is the way HE interprets it, and not parroting a script written to him by the rich of his country. If you would not mind to list me the corporate sponsors who donate to his campaigns from the finance, pharmaceutical, energy, mining, and defense industries the way everyone in America publicly knows and documents of our elected actors.

As far as funding separatist, he should just admit it and leave his balls on the table. Clearly NATo does not have a pair to up the bid with. Do I think Russia is standing in the way of A global American empire??
hell no we already have a global American empire that subjugates the world and dictates it according to the policies that benefit our nation. And damnit, I am happy for it.

What I will not be though is a self-denying prick and assault this world leader's actions in two or three isolated instances on its own border (that counts as a justified national security interest as far as ANY sovereign state is concerned) as the most shocking thing possible in modern times when the leaders of our side of the world have been doing much worse, on three separate continents, to over three dozen+ (possibly 50+) sovereign and formerly sovereign states for the last 75 years following The Second Great War. I mean, if we were in court and comparing which actions were rational and just, with truthful justifications for border breaches it would be fairly open and shut. not fabricated allegations that were then proven false by a multitude of watchdog agencies, the judicial system and admitted by the fabricaters themselves.

I do praise his fight for traditional values though in his fight against the devil's homosexual agenda to corrupt the worlds youth and divide us all from God.

I suppose the speech is not so much impressive as it is just an honest assessment of the way the world is functioning in the current situation from the perspective of a world leader of the largest country on Earth. Anyone in control of that much land has a right to be heard with honest and unbiased assessment of his words.

Seriously just look at a map of the world after the year 1945, and then today. Ask who was responsible for the majority of the bloodshed? Do the same thing for the last 14 years. Was it Russia that destabilized Libya? Iraq? Afghanistan? Yemen? Egypt? Syria? Somalia in 2006? yea most of the world missed that one, they actually had it stabilized and function governing services for about ten months, even killed piracy from the main port of operations. All the extortion at check points and roadblocks were virtually wiped out. there as a peace in Somalia for 10 months. And then A sweet military aid package was sent to Ethiopia and the country was invaded and destabilized the following year. It was not Putin's "colonial adventurism" that stopped peace and stability there. one thing that cannot be denied, when Russia crosses its border to stop the slaughter of people by NATO backed and funded thugs, the regions targeted typically become peaceful and stable again.

Its easy to criticize when it isn't our families and friends dying in the streets from bullets and bombs purchased and loaned to our newly appointed leaders by our "new" friends.
edit on 11/18/2014 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2014 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really a Rant? thats quite incorrect, considering the world leaders whom were ranting like a little child at the G20 this weekend.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Just got to say, you sure you want to bring up afg Afghanistan in your little destabilization rant, pretty sure Russia gets credit there.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Just got to say, you sure you want to bring up afg Afghanistan in your little destabilization rant, pretty sure Russia gets credit there.

People also kept talking about 911 and how a government that kills it's own people is so evil and then when I brought up the apartment bombings false flag by the FSB that killed Russians to get the pro-war government in with Putin as President everyone ignored it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Oh yes excuse me The Soviet Union did make an incursion into Afghanistan, of course Putin was not involved with those decisions at the time. Stability did return after the Soviet Union left, probably because USSR did not want to continue wasting resources destabilizing a people. At that point Afghanistan did live up to its reputation of the land where Empires come to die. that was of course until America came and showed the world how a real empire conquers. Don't get me wrong, wheter or not 9/11 ever happened, I still would have supported taking on Afghanistan.

How else do you think the developed world was suddenly flooded with cheap lithium powered electronics over the same course of the occupation of quite possibly the largest lithium deposits on Earth

Under the proposed Afghan-US security pact, which is an integral part of Obama’s Asian pivot, Washington and its NATO partners are preparing to ensure a permanent military presence in Afghanistan, with military facilities located in proximity of China’s Western frontier. The pact would allow the US to maintain their nine permanent military bases, strategically located on the borders of China, Pakistan and Iran as well as Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

While Afghanistan is acknowledged as a strategic hub in Central Asia, bordering on the former Soviet Union, China and Iran, at the crossroads of pipeline routes and major oil and gas reserves, its huge mineral wealth as well as its untapped natural gas reserves have remained, until June 2010, totally unknown to the American public.

“The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.

An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the “Saudi Arabia of lithium,” a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and BlackBerrys.

Don't get me wrong, I am for the empire, I just think we all need to stop lying about it. The only real way to progress as a human race if that's what idealists really want (sorry just not possible though) is if Mr and Mrs. wealthy developed world citizen abandons the desire for more trinkets, fancier gadgets, and a constant stream of input from new screens and electronics. The materials have to come from somewhere, and in the real world its going to come from those who have it and cannot protect it.

Of course the Soviets intentions were just the same, but they did not lie about it. They discovered it all in the sixties and the Pentagon and Langley have known about it since. It was the real reason the CIA even funded the resistance because the people were not fighting as much as they hoped, seeing as the Soviets were actually developing their country at the time rather than destroying every standing building in sight and wasting the land with depleted uranium.

I am not against Imperial expansion, that's simply being on the winning side of history is all. I just believe we need to discuss it truthfully, and not fabricate stories and make up ideological justifications and simply say what it is. Its about the money and the citizens of the wealthy enjoying our new gadgets.

What Russia has been doing in the last decade does not even come close as an expansion of its empire. Neither is the Ukraine incident. These were all reactions to our empire doing its thing on its border. I want those resources under our control too to continue to have the best access and lowest priced consumer goods. But I am not going to make up lies about nobility and sovereignty when the people we try and take it from take measures to secure the same resources. that's just pathetic and unsportsmanlike. Imagine how that could look like when represented as a boxing match in a sold out arena. Would look really bitchy and just pathetic. We tried to get what we wanted and lost, boo #ing hoo.

Our empire still holds sway over the majority of the Earth's people that do not have a presence in space or nuclear deterrent. thumbs up to Russia for having a pair and holding on to what is more rightfully theirs and their neighbors and not ours from thousands and thousands of miles and oceans away.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
And here we are again...
Didnt i just TROW you as far as i could in the
"Muslims found america thread"?!?!?

Territorial RATS, thats ALL you are...

Backroom games... Mmmm

Whats to say all those conspiracy movies
we´ve been seeing on the cinamas, are
not a reflection of whats REALLY going on?!?

Heres an idea, why not go back in time and look
at what REALLY happend in all these "situations"
like Irak, Syria, Al-Qaida. Lets go BEHIND the scenes.
Sneek up behind the REAL instigators and see WHO
started it all...

Thas also a good idea for a movie series... Too bad we
cant do it irl...

What we can do is, stand down, lay down all weapons.
Dismantle the entire worlds armys...And start behaving
like adults... Anyone out of line can go back to the
corner and stay there untill they have learned to
behave...

The menatlity and atitude of this entire thread is
what is going to kill us all... Its not the leaders
that will accomplish that, its the ones listening
to them that will....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

"Why would you throw your lot in with someone who is exactly what you feel you are enduring now, only his is a more harsh standard...... "

Because Russia isn't trying to impose itself on the world. Russia is not trying to build an empire. America is.

The Russians aren't a danger to me or my family. America (or more accurately its corporate masters) is.

Odd the US isnt taking territory but Russia is. When Russian troops enter your country next thing you know your declared Russian citizens and have to start paying taxes. Maybe the US should have done this i personally would love it if it lowered mine. Unfortunately my taxes go to building up a foreign country you know like the millions given Russia just to have them talk about how much they hate America, Even funnier without US aid Russia wouldnt even be here today we are our own worst enemy throw money at third world countries so they can turn into Fascists.

The idea that the only way to impugn on a nation's sovereignty is by annexing is territory is wildly behind the times.

America has impugned on the sovereignty of literally dozens of nations. They don't annex territory but is that really the only way to destroy a nation or disrespect its sovereignty?

It's ironic that you mention aid because that is one of the primary tools of the economic warfare engages in. America has destroyed or at least damaged many nations through aid whether it be through direct means, trade agreements, or NGOs like the IMF.

Then there's the rigged elections, corporate seizure of national assets, coups and assassinations, funding and arming of rebels, and outright invasions.

America is the single largest force creating terror and suffering in modern times.

America does treat its citizens well compared to many nations. America does not annex territory. America is primarily a decent nation. America even means well much of the time. This is why it is so successful at doing what it does.

The crazy guy with missing teeth who lives alone in a ramshackle house down the road and scares the children murders someone and he will assuredly get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The well dressed attractive businessman who goes to church, donates to charity, and has a house with a white picket fence and a wife and three kids. When he murders someone no one suspects him. Even if the investigation outs him, he'll still probably get off by claiming self defense or insanity or something. He'll get a minimum sentence at best, perhaps even get acquitted entirely.

That analogy probably sucked but my point is that good deeds do not cancel out bad ones in a just world, especially when the bad outweighs the good. So if America is not willing to start living up to its own ideals it shouldn't get a free pass. Putin is saying that America doesn't just get a free pass.

He's practically begged numerous times now in various ways for America and its minions to work towards building a bright future. America has said numerous times that the only future is one of American hegemony.

I want the inevitable one world government to be a good one. One based on America's current ideals will not be good. Nor will one based on Russian ideals be good. Compromise is a necessity. America must take on the risk of failure for the sake of humanity's potential bright future. Time is running out. America can't keep trying to strongarm the entire planet into doing things it's way. It's destined to fail. So I'm hoping Putin can convince America of this inevitable failure and humanity can start working together.

I'm doubtful though. It's looking like America would rather plunge the world into a new world war than compromise.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Of course the Soviets intentions were just the same, but they did not lie about it.

Not exactly. Afghanistan had long been at the center of the Great Game, played between Germany and the British, Russian, Ottoman and Persian Empires. This game continues today. In 1973, a Social-Democratic Prime Minister (educated in France) overthrew the Afghan king, proclaiming a republican government. The army staged a counter-coup and, to make a long story short, a Marxist named Nur Muhammed Taraki came to power and signed a treaty with the Soviet Union that assured Afghanistan that the USSR would aid Afghanistan. This led to an increase in the already massive Soviet investment, which drew Afghanistan further into their orbit. It also made the habitual political instability of that mountain country a threat to the USSR's investments. Because of the bitter fighting between tribal and religious groups on the one hand, and rival political factions on the other, the Soviets claimed that the Afghan government requested Soviet military assistance. That the Soviets nobly sent their troops in to protect the legitimate Afghan government, not to protect the resources the Soviets were exploiting, remains the official story to this day.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Pitin is on the defensive side of the equation now. You must wonder how he thought the more civilized world would deal with him wanting another piece of the Ukraine. By now, he surely has gotten the message from the G20 members that they don't like his game. As far as the headline for the thread that he gave an "impressive" speech, better that he announce a withdrawal from all forms of direct intervention in that country. That would impress most of us that he does retain a bit of commonsense.

It is beginning to look like, under an old KGB agent, that the old USSR isn't dead but wants to regenerate itself. But better heads have shown they will have none of it even if they are slow to respond with their condemnation. Better he got the message from the many cold shoulders of disdain and disrespect in Australia than the situation eventually coming to literal blows which could not be contained solely with that besieged country. I think he has been dreaming of/as Hitler.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Aliensun because: word connrections/additions

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Judging solely from the summation of the speech referenced in the OP. I personally feel that Putin expressed a genuine desire to "move forward" and stop fu@king around with threats of war. I admire his forthright manner in dealing with the subject matter. IMO he made some very good points and I hope that he will follow it up by bringing his own country into alignment with the Ideals that he alluded to...thus being an example to the rest of the world.
Mr Putin...I am of the opinion that if your country focused on the growth and development of a green economy through the utilization of sustainable resources. You and your country would receive much support and praise from the world at large and it would be the greatest of rebukes to those countries that want to keep fu@king around with the current systems of self-destruction. I hope that you have the balls and stamina enough to break out of this current system of chaos and destruction and be an example to all of us. The answers are within reach we only need someone strong enough and wise enough to reach out and take hold of it. May you be that man. Because I can tell you that the world itself will rise up and smite it's inhabitants if they don't smartin the fu@k up and I mean "NOW"

Harry

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Despite that I think he's the final line of defense from a brutal totalitarian global regime run by corporate interests.

Eh? You do understand that Russia is run by Oligarchs don't you? The difference between Oligarch Russia and Corporate USA is essentially zero. Save one difference. You have more chance changing things in the West without getting your head blown off or disappearing in the middle of the night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join