It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Maine court filing claims Nurse Kaci's Roommate in W. Africa Has/Had Ebola

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Reason: "Plan B" political hit squad. Central Command Authority Communiqué .....

Obama announces CDC directed ‘Ebola SWAT teams’, rapid response to the infected at homes and hospitals

www.youtube.com...=14

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

New UPDATE: Again on CNN, I watched a live interview with nurse KH, and she said the information about her roommate was "incorrect," and she added that she "didn't want to focus on that right now."

Somebody got into trouble for reporting it, and had to backstep, sounds like.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Or… the Maine State's Attorney General lied or exaggerated in a court filing. Why isn't anyone considering that? It happens.

NY Attorney General Lied in Court Filing

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The person who made the statement was the director of the Maine branch of the CDC, not the Maine AG.

The Maine Branch of the CDC is making that statement, not the AG.

It should also be noted that the Maine branch of the CDC was in support of the quarantine, which the woman states in the same document.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Oh, I'm not saying that is not the case, I really don't know.

But I have noticed, that when statements like " Don't want to focus on that, blah blah" usually means somebody got yelled at for reporting it.

Heck, it happens on our local news a lot, when reporting on things said out of Lansing. (all the politicians)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
It should also be noted that the Maine branch of the CDC was in support of the quarantine, which the woman states in the same document.

It looks more like the deposition from the Maine CDC Director, Sheila Pinette, is calling for active monitoring and travel restrictions...

…not a quarantine, but isolation.

Isn't that essentially what the nurse agreed to anyway, but without the "controlled movement" requirements?
edit on 31-10-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Or… the Maine State's Attorney General lied or exaggerated in a court filing. Why isn't anyone considering that? It happens.

NY Attorney General Lied in Court Filing

Because it does not fit into the fearbola epidemic that is taking place.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
That video was good for a laugh! At :45 he said, "I shook hands with, hugged, and kissed...uhhh, not the doctors but a couple of the nurses at Emory. Did he really need to stress that he wasn't kissing the doctors? He's a piece of work!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Guess the female doctors got left out.

Being a doctor or a nurse doesn't determine if you are male or female.

edit on 31-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So the judge rejected the court order. Does that mean Kaci won't have direct active monitoring? Is she going to self-monitor?

I read the whole court order document and this Sheila Pinette lady sounds very serious about Kaci potentially contacting Ebola. She has tried contacting Kaci by phone and she didn't return call and went to Fort Kent without confirming with CDC her plans. (Where she is at house now) Kaci did send an email of her intent to go to Fort Kent.

Kaci is at high risk because she had direct patient contact with Ebola patients during the highest contagious period when they are dying. Doctors are contracting Ebola without knowing how. Her incubation period of second week (when Ebola is most likely to be symptomatic) started October 28 so she could potentially develop symptoms at any time.

This is what grabbed me the most in the document:

"Once a person is symptomatic they become contagious to others, and their infectiousness increases very quickly."

All officials have been telling us they are NOT contagious at the beginning stages of symtoms. She is refuting that.

I guess we will see what happens...
edit on 31-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by texasgirl because: Oops

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ok, trying no to spread fearmongering and getting into an ebolafear, but isn't isolation worst than quarantine?

quar·an·tine

a. A period of time during which a vehicle, person, or material suspected of carrying a contagious disease is detained at a port of entry under enforced isolation to prevent disease from entering a country.

b. A place for such detention.

2. Enforced isolation or restriction of free movement imposed to prevent the spread of contagious disease.

3. A condition of enforced isolation.

4. A period of 40 days.

tr.v. quar·an·tined, quar·an·tin·ing, quar·an·tines
1. To isolate in or as if in quarantine.

2. To isolate politically or economically.

Occurs under the CDC "quranten the definitions is different.

i-so-la-tion,

noun

1.an act or instance of isolating.

2. the state of being isolated.

3. the complete separation from others of a person suffering from contagious or infectious disease; quarantine.

4. the separation of a nation from other nations by isolationism.

5. Psychoanalysis. a process whereby an idea or memory is divested of its emotional component.

6. Sociology, social isolation.

Now, I don't believe that she is infected, but darn something doesn't sound right here, Are we witnessing a power struggle here from officials?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

In medical terminology, they have their own meanings, but a lot of people (even the media) are using them interchangeably.

Isolation is for someone who's already ill.
Quarantine is for someone who has been exposed, but is not ill.

Source

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I heard that. She was quite dismissive. "That happens." Well she's not wrong about that, but I have a sneaking suspicion there's more to this. CDC CIA Hickox isn't fooling everyone.

ETA: Okay I might be having a drink.
edit on 10/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Did you post your video?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I heard that. She was quite dismissive. "That happens." Well she's not wrong about that, but I have a sneaking suspicion there's more to this. CDC CIA Hickox isn't fooling everyone.

ETA: Okay I might be having a drink.

Can you clarify what you are talking about? Is this Kaci's response to the statement that her roommate in Sierra Leone has Ebola?

What did she actually say?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yes. Sorry for not being clear. Video here: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The UN ambassador, in a Reuters newsmakers video, said quarantines are a good idea. I can't find the separate video, but I think it's here:

www.reuters.com...

Might be this: www.reuters.com...
edit on 10/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
I hope this works. It was sideways [and also upside-down] most of the day.

vid1371.photobucket.com...

edit on 31-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It works!

Yeah they definitely said it, they definitely had it in the court papers, but it apparently is now not true. Okie dokie.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Isolation is for someone who's already ill.
Quarantine is for someone who has been exposed, but is not ill.

And I've heard "voluntary isolation" being used for people who are exposed, not ill, are actively monitoring, but staying home and limiting travel.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join