It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
NOW CONFIRMED .... He is a sherif deputy who was in the apartment with the family.
Deputies went in without any special protection.
Also - he doesn't have a high fever.
He doesnt' feel well but is 'flushed' (which usually means some fever)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
He's out of his depth.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Now it's stated that? He's a Dallas County Sheriffs Deputy who had contact with the deceased patient.

News is saying he was serving the family in quarantine and that he didn't have direct contact with patient zero. There could be a 'fog of war' thing going on right now. Different information coming out.

But the thing is he went into a clinic instead of just calling 911 and getting picked up at his own home. Now the ebola watch umbrella is even bigger ...

They were saying earlier that the people in the clinic are going to be sent to hospitals, would guess in going into quarantine now, should be anyway, until it is known if he is positive or not.

"Would rather not get his name out at this point"
"No classical signs of Ebola, but didn't feel well"
-Op source Vid Dallas Sheriffs Association Pres

Hopefully family, friends, contacts have been alerted!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The local news here is trying to get as much information about this patient as possible.

If anyone remembers when the cleaning crew for the apartment arrived at the apartment last Wednesday or Thursday, a group of sheriff deputys went into the apartment first....without any safety equipment. No gloves, no masks, etc....

From WFAA - www.wfaa.com...

FRISCO — Crews are transporting a patient exhibiting "signs and symptoms of Ebola" from a Frisco CareNow to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.

WFAA has confirmed a vehicle roped off outside the clinic is registered to a deputy who accompanied county officials into the apartment where Duncan stayed in Dallas. The deputy was very vocal about not wearing protective gear during the visit.

Also, from the WFAA facebook page www.facebook.com...

Dallas Co. Sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Monnig is being checked for #Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian out of an abundance of caution. We are told he was reporting stomach issues. We interviewed him after he was one of the deputies who entered Duncan's apartment unprotected.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NOW REPORTING - there were FIVE deputies who went into the apartment to serve the family in quarantine. None had protective gear. Some have returned to work and some have not and are 'self monitoring'. They were told it is up to them to decide if they think they are past the incubation period if they feel like they can go back to work.

So we have FIVE deputies who were exposed and they were allowed to go back to work ....

My god ....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Person in Frisco, Texas, ambulance is an employee with the Dallas County Sheriff's Office who was in Thomas Eric Duncan's apartment - @NBCDFW

One would think he would have contacted a hospital or called 911 rather than going into a clinic. He very well could have exposed everyone in that entire clinic.

Deputy doing what he was told to do. Well that's reassuring isn't it...NOT!!!!!

IF, it turns out this is a real ebola case from someone who just spent a small amount of time in Duncan's apt, there will be rising panic, as there should be considering how lame everything was handled from the get-go. Damn I'm getting so mad....

Des

edit on 8-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Oh texasgirl, this just gets worse every dam day for you honey. Know that it is just a shot time before other states are going to be thrown into the mix. That open mic said it all last night "Were screwed"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Person in Frisco, Texas, ambulance is an employee with the Dallas County Sheriff's Office who was in Thomas Eric Duncan's apartment - @NBCDFW

One would think he would have contacted a hospital or called 911 rather than going into a clinic. He very well could have exposed everyone in that entire clinic.

I don't understand. What's he doing in Frisco? Does he live there? Frisco is really far north Dallas suburb. It takes about 45 minutes to get to downtown Dallas.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Oh texasgirl, this just gets worse every dam day for you honey. Know that it is just a shot time before other states are going to be thrown into the mix. That open mic said it all last night "Were screwed"

I don't believe this!! My brother literally lives right around the corner from this clinic on Preston Rd. I have been to see him several times this week because he just got laid off from his job!

Is it the CareNow on Preston Rd?
edit on 8-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

I don't understand. What's he doing in Frisco? Does he live there? Frisco is really far north Dallas suburb. It takes about 45 minutes to get to downtown Dallas.

I believe the deputy lived in Frisco.

He went to a Frisco hospital, and is now being transported to Texas Presbyterian in Dallas.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
The Ebola Math is horrifying.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

And where are the Mexican powerwashers? That lady who strode casually though the water with her long flowing dress dragging the pavement?

The people who owned the cars that were splattered by the powerwashing fiasco?

Oh those poor poor people who live in that apartment! The sterilization should have vacated every apartment and then bubble tented the whole building, nothing less.

Where is LIVE footgage of Duncans Family in exile? I INsist on seeing with my own 2 eyes the family, namely the children NOW.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
FOX News is reporting that it's simply someone who went to clinic with symptoms and said he had been in West Africa.

Is the local information different now?

Perhaps both are correct, and there are two?

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan He will be the next official to "resign" .

link   
Another update from the local CBS news. No link, they're just reporting on it down here on TV currently.

Hazmat suits were used by the people driving the ambulance from Frisco to Dallas.
The patient arrived at the Emergency Room in Dallas about 10 minutes ago.
Frisco officials are about to hold a news conference any minute now.

(CBS 11 if anyone else in DFW wants to know what station im watching)
edit on 8-10-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

WEll get down on your knees and Thank the Good Lord because there are no mistakes in the Universe and losing his job is far better than losing his life! He may have lost his job because if he had not perhaps he would have been exposed. You just never know.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
GREAT NEWS!

Friedman says:

This Saturday (in DC) they will start taking temperatures of passengers arriving from Africa.

BAD NEWS!

Limpet says: ~

If they have a temperature, they already have it, they are contagious and should not have been allowed on the plane in the first place.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Let's wait to find out for sure what the guy has. It very well may be a false alarm. We just don't have enough info yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How many people can any of us accurately say we have had contact with in the past few days much less a week or more unless you never left your home?

I mean, I stopped for coffee once this week on my way to work. If an ebola carrier happened to be in the store and had maybe wiped his nose on his hand and moments earlier picked up the same coffee pot as me I could be exposed without knowing I had had contact and the carrier even if he was being honest when questioned would have no idea we had contact.

Now whether or not that type of contact, even if his bodily fluids end up on my hand would be sufficient to cause me to get it IDK...but if I use that hand to pick up a lid for my cup ???

I'm thinking it isn't spread real easily but I'm not sure I wouldn't revise my travel plans and drive to a different airport than Dallas.

And if the President and director of the CDC says that is bad for the economy, let them put their families on the flights with no extra precautions first...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
texas girl, go to this tweet feed link where they have info and pictures. Maybe you can tell if it's that particular carenow place he went to or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join