It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice anything weird about the locations of the USA ebola patients?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Also, one of the two suspected DC cases is malaria, for anyone keeping track.

a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ha. Isn't that the truth. Pure irony.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here, as it struck me as odd the other day:

What do the JFK Assassination and the first (announced) US case of Ebola have in common?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

This may have been mentioned, and if so, my apologies. I haven't had a chance to read the entire post and I'm late for work.

Did you notice that there have been no possible cases north of the 45th parallel (your yellow circle)? Probably does not mean a damn thing, but interesting nonetheless.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Think about every infectious disease movie made, and how it spread. I'm sure larger population area will show signs first, because of population density. As far as this being a false-flag or intentional, I doubt it. But, they way it is being handled is garbage.

The CDC, just like every other politicized agency, is going to do their best to "look good" during a crisis. They want to look like they have the answers and that the public should trust them. Just think for a second what the populace would do, if they thought the CDC did not have a handle on this.

However, I do believe there should be travel/flight restrictions in place. Perhaps only authorized military flights to the region should be permitted. I am dumbfounded why this administration still has not done this.

You have the leader of the free world saying that the chances of an outbreak in the US are extremely low...riiigghhht.

Obama is just a freaking puppet and anyone could tell that guy something, and he'd believe it and repeat it if it's on a teleprompter. Did you know that four years ago, the administration of President Barack Obama moved with virtually no fanfare to abandon a comprehensive set of regulations which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) had called essential to preventing international travelers from spreading deadly diseases inside the United States.

Why?

It just seems that every decision or action this man's administration has taken has been dead wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

It's a fact that Ebola has been around for many years while people where coming and going through international airports around the country. It is also a fact that Ebola can only be spread the way that AIDS is spread, i.e., through bodily fluid contact. Plus, the person who has Ebola can only spread the virus this way when symptomatic. If anyone wanted to intentionally spread a disease with some malicious intent, why choose Ebola and why choose a method of delivery of single individuals?

Ebola is not like AIDS. Have you ever heard of AIDS patients:
being cared for by people in full haz-mat gear?
walking in and out of care areas walking through pans of disinfectant?
isolating patients immediately when diagnosed?
needing permits to transport infected sheets, towels, clothing etc. on public highways?
removing ambulances from service that were used to transport them?
covering their personal vehicles with plastic and roping them off?
telling children who had contact with them they are not allowed to go to school?
issue court orders to keep others isolated who had contact with the infected?
infect thousands of people in one area in a short time with new cases daily?
have airports checking their temperatures or forbidding them to fly?

... the list can go on and on.
Seriously, people need to stop comparing ebola to AIDS. That is a myth used to keep people calm.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The flurry of new reports in the days after the positive diagnosis was probably the result of anyone with a fever with recent travel to Africa hurrying to get checked (as they should have all along), and hospitals suddenly waking up that they need to take it seriously (as they should have all along).

The media needs to stop reporting on everyone being tested. This just causes panic. (Noting that most of those in the OP tested negative for Ebola.) Media does need to put out an alert immediately when there is a positive diagnosis, so that others can be monitored if they had contact, but they should wait for a positive.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Are all of these confirmed cases or just possible cases? I know that when we thought we had our case in Ohio they told everyone to treat it as though it was Ebola even if they weren't sure because the person hadn't been tested yet. It caused a lot of confusion and caused even more confusion when they said that the person tested negative. That case hit pretty close to home, because it was. Thirty minutes away from me. Thankfully, that person did test negative.

I thought it was kind of funny that I read that a news reporter or something had said that Ebola was our punishment for atheists, abortions and the like... But then the first case that was openly reported in the U.S. (other than us bringing the doctors back and putting them in Georgia) was in Texas, which I think would still be considered the "Bible belt."

Of course, Ebola is no laughing matter.

I really hope this gets under control. I'm not really worried. Just aware of the situation. This country has lived through diseases before. I can tell you though, things will most likely change as soon as a vaccine gets put out to the public. I would assume there would be tighter borders and stuff. Because, not to sound rude, but every case I seem to hear of mentions that it's a person from Liberia or somewhere else coming here for whatever reason... It's being brought here and then spread.

edit on 4-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

As far as infectious banknotes, not many people actually carry cash these days. However, the possibility of transmitting contagions via a bank note does still absolutely exist.

Point taken, but this discussion is about Ebola. You might as well say you can become HIV positive from touching a dollar bill.

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Now let's hypothesize that Duncan went to Walmart and bought some antacid with cash. He was a foreigner so hey, could've happened. Those dollars that Duncan handed over would not have an endless stream of virus on it. Viruses don't work that way. What viruses do is very specific in that they only become activated when in contact with a genetically amenable host. That's why they say that viruses are this weird sort of half-life. They seem dead until they come into contact with a cell that actually triggers them to do all that they do to reproduce. Stick a few viruses on any surface for a week even and check back on them a week later and you're going to find the same number of viruses (if they survived).

Glad you wrote "if they survived" after all that because that's the whole point. In the absence of a host a virus cannot survive. This, plus the fact that fluid to fluid contact does not mean you can touch an environmental surface and catch Ebola. You are supporting that there's still a slim chance of a widespread Ebola epidemic in the USA, whether intentional or not.

Actually, ebola virus can survive outside of the host for hours or even days. So, yes, an infected person who sneezed into their hand or even sweated, then touched a dollar bill, can pass the virus on the bill, especially if the person receiving it has a cut, or touches their mouth or eyes after touching the bill.

www.cdc.gov...

Limited laboratory studies under favorable conditions indicate that Ebolavirus can remain viable on solid surfaces, with concentrations falling slowly over several days. .. etc

That's the CDC saying that. It seems you like facts, so here is another:
www.msdsonline.com...

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20).

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

It just seems that every decision or action this man's administration has taken has been dead wrong.

Obama is a neocon puppet with the Corporate Oligarchy/military industrial complex, pulling his strings.

Everything is about profit, corruption, and greed. Blaming Obama is just the convenient scapegoat.
There is a much bigger picture than ideology/political BS. Turn off Rush!!

readjusts tinfoil hat......there is an underlying reason the coming ebola pandemic is being handled the way it is....

edit on 4-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In the recent epidemic less than half as many people died of ebola worldwide as there are gun deaths in america each year. Want me to draw up a map with sales points for guns and ammo?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Not to be a FearMonger but does anyone remember this about Dick Cheney?! This is not about Ebola, but his details to an imaginary scenario are kind of chilling. But, Who's to say 'they 'couldn't replace nukes with Ebola?! I think the way this disease has and is spreading is awfully convenient, as far as where it is dispersed, so far......
This short vid is about a nuke scenario, but like I said, who's to say 'they' can't or won't replace a Nuke Bomb or two, or more, with a Different type of Bomb?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thank you for making the point that Ebola and AIDS are two different entities!
I read a report Why Outbreak Is Different and found one statement of particular interest:

"...Dr. Joseph McCormick and his wife Dr. Susan Fisher-Hoch spent decades finding Ebola victims and studying the disease. They now work for UT School of Public Health in Brownsville.

The couple co-authored Level 4 Virus Hunters of the CDC detailing the ravages of the disease.
They say the current strain of Ebola killing thousands of people is not very different than what they encountered in the 1970's and '80's..."

"not very different" is not the equivalent of "same as." I have NOT reviewed the literature on AIDS in quite a while but if AIDS were mutating/had mutated, I think the msm would have reported it, at least on a slow news day. Even Fauci states that "The current Ebola Zaire strain is essentially the same one first discovered in 1976. Like HIV, it is a relatively stable virus. So, according to Fauci, it’s unlikely to “go airborne” — that is, to mutate into a more easily transmissible form." (Ebola and Aids: A Tale of Two Viruses.

The point is that AIDS has been stable, Ebola has not. On the bright side, research sure is picking up. Here's a link to check out if you get bored today. "Ebola genome browser now online to aid researchers' response to crisis."

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't usually write with bold text but this time I gotta make a exception. This is the first time I hear about THE OTHER 3 cases. I don't live in the U.S but I am shocked because they are in diverse places. My point is, that there have to be cases all over the world by now unless we're dealing with false information

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
I don't usually write with bold text but this time I gotta make a exception. This is the first time I hear about THE OTHER 3 cases. I don't live in the U.S but I am shocked because they are in diverse places. My point is, that there have to be cases all over the world by now unless we're dealing with false information

That's true. I wonder what the point of spreading false information would be.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If the govt.`s nonchalant attitude about this whole thing doesn`t stink to high heaven I don`t know what does. If they`re withholding the true seriousness of this because they fear panic then they for one underestimate the ability of the public-to cope with real life crisis.It shows how they view us, simpletons to be used and manipulated.Also, if they`re withholding information in regards to the transmission of this virus and how easily it can actually be contracted then they are not giving us the knowledge we need to protect ourselves,thus making them complicit in our deaths.
They say Ebola is only spread via direct contact with body fluids
This outrageous medical lie may soon cost the lives of millions of innocent people. In truth, Ebola can spread through the air over short distances via aerosols - airborne particles.

Ebola can also spread via contaminated surfaces. When an infected patient makes contact with a surface such as a doorknob or ATM keypad, they may leave behind the Ebola virus which survives for many minutes or hours in the open, depending on environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) Another person who touches the same surface may then become instantly infected by simply touching their own eyes, nose or mouth.

The ability of Ebola to spread via contaminated surfaces is why victims in Africa have become infected by riding in taxi cabs. This also means any form of public transportation -- airplanes, ambulances, subways -- may harbor the virus and accelerate the spread of an outbreak.

The govt. says that CDC has everything under control,Of course, the fact that an infected Ebola victim just flew right into the country with Ebola, then walked around the city of Dallas for 10 days while carrying Ebola, utterly belies the false promises of health authorities who claim to have things under control.
If the U.S. government has everything under control, then why did the government just purchase 160,000 Ebola hazmat suits? Why did Obama just recently sign an executive order authorizing the forced government quarantine of anyone showing symptoms of infectious disease?
I am SICK AND TIRED of all the lies! Everything is a lie and these bums serving US in the govt. are all greedy self absorbed theiving rotten bastards.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Except for Texas, the other cases were brought here after the fact under heavy protection. There is no sinister plan.. I don't see how you can claim they are trying to "surround us" with one data point.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

S&F. I will go ahead and say what everyone is thinking. I thought about if this is intentional and came up with these possibilities.

1.Excellent way to depopulate the planet and "save" it for the elites who are provided with a vaccine, by getting rid of the "useless eaters". Subvarient of this: Also a great way to reduce the carbon footprint of the planet if you know its at a tipping point and want to save the planet and a bunch of hand picked one percenters. So with x amount of the global population eliminated, the planet heals. And the survivors have it all to themselves.

2. Russia is hitting us with the biological equivalent of a first strike. They know how wide open our country is to unfettered immigration and started it in Africa knowing it would eventually make its way here. In a month or two they suddenly pull out a vaccine, and wait till it eradicates us. Problem solved for Mr Putin.

3. ISIS is getting it over here to attack us (IMHO the least likely scenario).

4. No one is engineering this, Its just a natural occurrence, something that occurs on timescales that make it seem apocalyptic, but its not.

IMHO numbers 1 or 4 are the most likely.
edit on 4-10-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vampira309

This may have been mentioned, and if so, my apologies. I haven't had a chance to read the entire post and I'm late for work.

Did you notice that there have been no possible cases north of the 45th parallel (your yellow circle)? Probably does not mean a damn thing, but interesting nonetheless.....

No it means a lot.

It lends evidence that they are "allowing" Ebola cases to land to practice the handling of it... they wouldn't "experiment" above that line because at 37 F the little critters can live for 50 days and their experiments would have the potential to do serious damage.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What do you guys think about the rest of the world banning travels to and from america and africa? I mean if you guys have it now, I think my country should cut you off till at least we know you have it under control and it's all clear, why spread it around the world too XD

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
What do you guys think about the rest of the world banning travels to and from america and africa? I mean if you guys have it now, I think my country should cut you off till at least we know you have it under control and it's all clear, why spread it around the world too XD

I think if there is a genuine spread of the disease in real numbers you absolutely should cut off traffic.

(I know you said it as a snide remark/joke on you sort of thing) but the joke is actually at people who are mentally retarded enough to be so brain washed and pc that they believe a potential epidemic falls under terms like "freedom" and "racism and all the rest...

We don't let in mediocre dog food from other countries

But because it's a person we should roll out a red carpet anywhere?

Who in here would let someone bleeding from the face with Ebola in the front door? No One....

THE WORD IS "QUARANTINE" IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RIGHT AND WRONG OR ANYONE'S BELIEF SYSTEMS... people are sooner or later in a world of 7 billion people going to have to remember the realities of older times when this was necessary, we haven't conquered disease we were given a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join