It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice anything weird about the locations of the USA ebola patients?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: britchik

TextThe government is more worried about the economy and stockmarkets which will very surely crash if we were to have an outbreak of ebola.
I was reading only yesterday that the markets worldwide are all dropping, starting with the airlines, Big Pharma are up though!!

The day after Thomas Duncan was announced as positive for ebola, the stocks took a nosedive. Everyone started to crap themselves and when they didn't go back up again, we gradually moved into the media blackout phase. The stocks are still down because we still have ebola in the news. If they can get the news media to stop focusing on ebola, though, they're probably sure the markets will stablize.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't even know why I'm posting this. Guess I'm just flabbergasted by the following examples of speculation:

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
They say Ebola is only spread via direct contact with body fluids
This outrageous medical lie may soon cost the lives of millions of innocent people. In truth [my emphasis], Ebola can spread through the air over short distances via aerosols - airborne particles. ...Everything is a lie and these bums serving US in the govt. are all greedy self absorbed theiving rotten bastards.

What's the source of this "truth" ?

originally posted by: n4nay
Ok first of all anyone still thinking Ebola can not live on surfaces or can not be transmitted through the air needs to read all studies done on the subject.

I posted two reports above (see page 5) from a respected peer reviewed journal (Journal of Infectious Diseases) that contradict the claim that human beings (not animals) are at risk for contracting Ebola as an airborne virus. Of course, this information means nothing to people who have already bitten the poison of mass hysteria.

originally posted by: Nosollar
I would like to point out that the CDC almost just admitted that the virus is airborne...nearly admitted the truth [my emphasis] again.

The CDC admitted what is THE TRUTH? I'd like to point out that's a lie.

CDC's own website: www.cdc.gov...

1. "Ebola is not spread through the air or by water"

2. "Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients."

And this is an interesting tidbit from the CDC:
"Once someone recovers from Ebola, they can no longer spread the virus."

I do realize that someone is going to tell me that the CDC is the only source lying and is actually the accomplice to the intentional spread of Ebola into the USA. And of course, given I'm a new member at ATS, it's proof I am also a government agent, as well as a gluten for punishment.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Petros312 because: I am a gluten for punishment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TipTac

The day after Thomas Duncan was announced as positive for ebola, the stocks took a nosedive.
That has more to do with the fact that there's a good chance the Fed will be raising interest rates. Prices have been falling for a month.

Stock prices fell on Monday. We knew about Duncan last week. Prices actually went up the day after.
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 10/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I just found some info that others may have heard about regarding Ebola as an airborne virus. This was published in the Journal of Experimental Pathology:

"The potential of aerogenic infection by Ebola virus was established by using a head-only exposure aerosol system. Virus-containing droplets of 0.8-1.2 microns were generated and administered into the respiratory tract of rhesus monkeys via inhalation. Inhalation of viral doses as low as 400 plaque-forming units of virus caused a rapidly fatal disease in 4-5 days." www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The authors also say in the abstract: "Demonstration of fatal aerosol transmission of this virus in monkeys reinforces the importance of taking appropriate precautions to prevent its potential aerosol transmission to humans."

--However, I completely disagree that the (unethical) lab demonstration using these poor monkeys in a scientific how-to for spreading Ebola in any way shape or form represents the same threat imposed on the USA by the current cases now widely publicized by the news media. Anyone using the above research to suggest that human beings are thus at risk for contracting Ebola as an airborne virus are doing at least two things that equal bad science:

1. Generalizing from an animal study to a human cohort.

2. Confounding conditions in a lab environment with conditions that exist in nature (i.e., the study above has poor ecological validity given an aerosol was manufactured to infect the monkeys).

It's not my intention to feed the fire of mass hysteria (quite the opposite).
edit on 7-10-2014 by Petros312 because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

A little update on the Dallas Ebola victim....Thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why does it seem like nobody in government gives 2 $hits about this? Why release people back to work without proper testing/quarantine from THEM first? Luckily there was initiative here on behalf of the possibly affected individual, but it doesn't seem like anyone is taking this seriously?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

And of course, given I'm a new member at ATS, it's proof I am also a government agent, as well as a gluten for punishment.

About time you admit it....We already knew though!

Your "peer reviewed" studies are from the old Ebola virus. If you read the updated information about this, any virus can MUTATE after periods of time...They are saying there is a POSSIBILITY of airborne virus soon if this is not taken care of now...So far, that is not the case....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So you are saying that you don't believe humans can get the disease this way but animals can? That is a new one for me...#govagent

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

So you are saying that you don't believe humans can get the disease this way but animals can? That is a new one for me...#govagent

Let us know when you see someone out there spraying aerosol cans of Ebola -- and right into a subject's face like they did in the above research.

I don't think I can make it any more clear that there is presently no real risk that Ebola is going to spread as an airborne virus. If you want to speculate about future Ebola mutations, we might as well invent whole new diseases.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Being that you are apparently the genius on this topic, I guess a disease can't mutate....I also guess that a sneeze is not the same as an aerosol...? If you think this isn't possible, why don't you volunteer to be the test dummy with Ebola victims? You can sit in the room and have them sneeze on you and prove me/us wrong. If you think it is hard to get Ebola, this should be no issue at all for you.

If you don't expect me to believe you don't have any agenda, why is it the only thing you have posted since joining is this and other Ebola threads? If you told me which agency you work for, I would appreciate it. I am just trying to figure out where you are trying to go with this? Other than trying to denounce anyone talking about Ebola. Mainly it seems you are trying to tell everyone this cannot be contracted in any way other than direct fluid transfer....I am still trying to figure out where you are going with all of this?

edit on 10/7/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If anyone wants to really look into a suspicious case of a disease cropping up on American soil, they should look into how PED got started in the swine herd.

My husband said they were talking at lunch where he works and several Ph.D. types were discussing how suspicious that was. They said it popped up in pretty much simultaneously in the most important pork producing areas all overnight. It was like all the producers went to a conference and came home with it. There was no initial place of outbreak that then spread elsewhere. It cropped up all over and all at once, like it was coordinated.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Being that you are apparently the genius on this topic...I also guess that a sneeze is not the same as an aerosol...? If you think this isn't possible, why don't you volunteer to be the test dummy with Ebola victims? You can sit in the room and have them sneeze on you and prove me/us wrong. If you think it is hard to get Ebola, this should be no issue at all for you.

--(in reference to the notion that there's an intentional effort to spread Ebola in the USA, remember?--the initial speculation?) Be sure to let us know when you see a person who has contracted Ebola and in the symptomatic stage (i.e., the only period it is actually contagious) sneezing directly into someone's face.

Regarding the research above suggesting an aerosol spray can be used to infect a monkey with Ebola, you miss my point about ecological validity and how it relates to the possibility of speading Ebola through the air like the more common influenza. If you read the method used in the above study: "Monkies were anaesthetized with ketamine HCI for the aerosol exposure phase of the experiment...each monkey was placed in dorsal recombency with its head extending through a rubber dam...the monkey was placed in a gas tight environment controlled Hazelton chamber...The nebulizer, driven by compressed air at 20PSI generated an aerosol flow rate of 16.5l/min...After a 10 MINUTE EXPOSURE the Hazelton Chamber was flushed with clean air..."
--that's not a sneeze.

Since it's not obvious to you, my "agenda" here (and elsewhere) has been to put the brakes on mass hysteria unlike the news media and people who believe confidently that they are only "opening the eyes of the public" with their speculations.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Petros312 because: Additional clarification

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

First airborne case of Ebola??????

I don't know about this virus and how this story is starting to progress....I don't know what to think honestly, it just seems more cases daily and in ways we never thought possible!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't know about this virus and how this story is starting to progress....I don't know what to think honestly, it just seems more cases daily and in ways we never thought possible!

There's nothing in the article about the 44 year old Spanish woman dubbed the "Spanish Ebola nurse" to suggest Ebola is an airborne disease. Nothing. She and the other 2 people: a Spanish Missionary and a priest who were in West Africa, were all likely in direct contact with others who had contracted Ebola. Again:

Large outbreaks of EHF [ Ebola hemorrhagic fever ] are usually driven by personto-person transmission, with caregivers both at home and in hospitals being at particular risk

jid.oxfordjournals.org...
ed it on 7-10-2014 by Petros312 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

We never thought possible? Hardly. All it takes is for a single brush of the face to possibly contract ebola. Someone could be removing a suit and get brushed by a contaminated portion. All it takes is one mistake and voila, possible infection. It's not like in the movies where the doctors enter into a room to be sterilized while still in their suits.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well today there is a published report in USA Today, via WHO, and repeated by West African officials, that male Ebola survivors might still infect others with their sperm 90 days after their "recovery". So that seems to contradict various CDC statements that survivors cannot spread this particular viral strain. Wonder if the American survivor, the doctor brought to Atlanta, got the word on this?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Another map that looks similar is this one. Also in this map if you notice all megaregions are zoned around a government quarantine station.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

“I will say that in the 30 years that I have been working in public health, the only thing like this has been AIDS,” Frieden said Thursday at the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank in Washington, D.C. “We have to work now so that this is not the world’s next AIDS.” [Source]

I'm sure the Fed's somewhere in this mix, eh? Monetary things make my head hurt, so sorry if I got the connections wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I saw a few other threads about this situation...It just seems like the pieces are falling into place for this to actually be true?? Why did Obama say you can't get Ebola sitting next to someone infected on a bus? When the CDC is saying to specifically stay away from public transportation because that is a place to get it?

When government gets involved and says don't worry about ____! Then I start to worry! They don't want mass panic and really nobody does, but when they say look left, you need to peek to the right before doing so...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just throwing this idea out there....

Awhile back i remember reading about some of the chemtrails being tested and a few came back as having "dessicated human red blood cells" in them, now hypothetically speaking...If you were to alter a virus or "weaponize" it could you then modify the virus to maybe live in the nano fibers to create sustainability and a temporary host to transmit while airborne?
edit on 10-10-2014 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

There's nothing in the article about the 44 year old Spanish woman dubbed the "Spanish Ebola nurse" to suggest Ebola is an airborne disease. Nothing. She and the other 2 people: a Spanish Missionary and a priest who were in West Africa, were all likely in direct contact with others who had contracted Ebola. Again:

Large outbreaks of EHF [ Ebola hemorrhagic fever ] are usually driven by personto-person transmission, with caregivers both at home and in hospitals being at particular risk

jid.oxfordjournals.org...

So, Petros312....Have you been reading the TONS of new threads with MULTIPLE doctors stating Ebola is not only airborne but is MUCH easier to contract than previously thought??? Since my thread was done really early in the Ebola in the USA issue, there wasn't many people speaking up on it in the medical community...NOW, it's a whole different ball game apparently! I wish you were right but my guess, speculation and instinct is proven correct UNFORTUNATELY!!

I don't want to be right on this one, but the many doctors and new threads being posted on this topic are just too much to ignore...Even for you!

Write it off again if you would like, but I haven't seen you defending your position on any of those threads? Were you assigned to this one in particular?

www.naturalnews.com...

Ebola can spread via indirect contact with contaminated surfaces and aerosolized droplets produced from coughing or sneezing.

"...wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus -- over a short distance -- to another nearby person," says a W.H.O. bulletin released this week.

That same bulletin also says, "The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects."

In other words, the WHO just confirmed what the CDC says is impossible -- that Ebola can be acquired by touching a contaminated surface.

CDC remains in total denial, spreading dangerous disinformation about Ebola transmission vectors

HERE YOU GO...

Not "airborne" but can spread through the air

Both the CDC and the WHO continue to aggressively insist that Ebola is not an "airborne" disease. "Ebola virus disease is not an airborne infection," says the WHO bulletin. But that same bulletin describes the ability of Ebola to spread through the air via aerosolized droplets.

Look, I don't want to be right here...This is a terrible situation...But it seems people are coming forward saying just what I said here in my OP...WHAT IF?? WHAT IF??? Now the WHAT IF is...BAD NEWS for everyone apparently! Not trying to fear monger here, but that's what it is when this information is coming available from the medical community!
edit on 10/10/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join