It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter gets a Christian makeover from woman who doesn’t want her kids to ‘become witches�

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I REALLY could have done without that character. It was needed though with the teenage angst thingie. She annoyed me.

I'm not minding her so much now...

edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder if J.K. Rowling enforces her copyright. This seems to be a clear violation of copyright.

I wonder how the supporters of what this woman has done would react if someone rewrote, for example, one of Pat Robertson's books and tried to pass it off as the real thing. Luckily, there is little danger that something as popular and well known as the Harry Potter books can be successfully destroyed by a zealot like this.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

It works in reverse too.

For instance The Holy Bible could become the Holy Crap What A Load Of Bovine Manure.

Or Holy Mother Of God That Fart Stank.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

It works in reverse too.

For instance The Holy Bible could become the Holy Crap What A Load Of Bovine Manure.

Or Holy Mother Of God That Fart Stank.....

Indeed it could and you can bet torch carrying mobs would be lighting up the rewriter's life.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If they are going to carry around flames one would hope that they don't get too close to the aforementioned flatulence!

Or maybe they should...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Double post - wtf? This is like the 4th time today.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My kids read it. and ...let me think about it for a second. nope none of them became witches or cast any spells. I just handed one a broomstick to see if he would fly about the park on it. He just frowned and asked me what he was supposed to sweep up. I think the kids are safe.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I just handed one a broomstick to see if he would fly about the park on it.

You should have handed him a bedknob too, that's where you went wrong!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: amazing
I just handed one a broomstick to see if he would fly about the park on it.

You should have handed him a bedknob too, that's where you went wrong!

Ha! We didn't have any and I would have really gotten a rotten look if I did that! Maybe even a real spell? LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Try this spell, works like a charm (pun intended)!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Elton

Yea. It's so ridiculous that it borders into unintentional satire territory. Heck, it may just be worth it to read to get a huge laugh at the craziness and how far it diverged from the source material.

Sounds like someone has committed heresy with the beloved harry P. diverted from the original source material. Ha sound like you all don’t appreciate it . So tell me how do you feel when someone reinterprets one of your books?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Elton

Yea. It's so ridiculous that it borders into unintentional satire territory. Heck, it may just be worth it to read to get a huge laugh at the craziness and how far it diverged from the source material.

Sounds like someone has committed heresy with the beloved harry P. diverted from the original source material. Ha sound like you all don’t appreciate it . So tell me how do you feel when someone reinterprets one of your books?

How would you feel if someone started posting in your name and those posts reflected views contrary to yours? Let's say they went so far as to incorporate things you've posted before and then manipulated those things in ways that grossly distorted your positions. Would y'all appreciate it?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You have to wonder what the woman would think about Narnia, or Perelandra, or Tolkien's works?

I'd have to imagine she wouldn't understand the allegory.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As ridiculous as this event probably sounds to most people, I think it is much more commendable, even if I don't agree with the woman's motives and reasons, for her to rewrite the thing for her children as opposed to launching a campaign to get it banned, or something even more ridiculous. Like people going out of their way to make everyone else conform to their belief system. If you don't like, then do what this woman did instead of launching a campaign to make sure your beliefs take precedence.
edit on 9/25/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that a law sue will be filed in behave of the original Harry potter author

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
As ridiculous as this event probably sounds to most people, I think it is much more commendable, even if I don't agree with the woman's motives and reasons, for her to rewrite the thing for her children as opposed to launching a campaign to get it banned, or something even more ridiculous. Like people going out of their way to make everyone else conform to their belief system. If you don't like, then do what this woman did instead of launching a campaign to make sure your beliefs take precedence.

I wouldn't bet that she isn't part of that group, too.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No reason for her to do that. Who needs a watered down Harry Potter, when you have the Book of Judges?

In my opinion, the Book of Judges is a perfect moral compass, showing us how much God loves us all. It is the perfect bedtime story. She can use this website that uses legos scenes as an illustrated guide for not only her own children, but ours too. Perhaps share it at Sunday school with everyone. See, all the work was done for her already.

She should start with this fine story showing compassion and charity, to test out my suggestion.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized
Now I done seen it all....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I think it is brilliant. Hehe. One of the best websites ever. Clear and right to the point.

edit on 26-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

What are you talking about and what are you getting at? For the record I'm not upset about any of this. It's a big joke to me.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join