It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Anti-Marijuana Academics Are Paid By Painkiller Drug Companies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Any one who thinks marijuana is safe to smoke are deluding themselves. There is a large amount of tar produced smoking it. The effects of smoking it may well be great at alleviating pain, but may also cause other medical problems, such as COPD, etc. I never understood why a doctor would prescribe marijuana cigarettes to some one under going chemo for lung cancer. Unless they're trying to kill them off earlier.

That said, I think that there are other solutions, such as Vaping the THC or even a pill called Dronabinol, who's active ingredient is delta-9-THC.

If you look at the various websites such as WebMD, MedicalNet, etc, you'll see that the warnings for Dronabinol are damn near exactly the same argument for against legalizing Pot.

Big Pharma are idiots in this case as they are missing out on a crap load of cash in this case.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Reminds me of when E-Cigs first started gaining popularity. Firstly the tobacco industry pumped money into anti E-Cig research and campaigns. Now they realise it is too late to stem the tide they are pumping money into BUYING E-Cig companies.

Starred/ I loled at his more than I should have.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Any one who thinks marijuana is safe to smoke are deluding themselves. There is a large amount of tar produced smoking it. The effects of smoking it may well be great at alleviating pain, but may also cause other medical problems, such as COPD, etc. I never understood why a doctor would prescribe marijuana cigarettes to some one under going chemo for lung cancer. Unless they're trying to kill them off earlier.

That said, I think that there are other solutions, such as Vaping the THC or even a pill called Dronabinol, who's active ingredient is delta-9-THC.

If you look at the various websites such as WebMD, MedicalNet, etc, you'll see that the warnings for Dronabinol are damn near exactly the same argument for against legalizing Pot.

Big Pharma are idiots in this case as they are missing out on a crap load of cash in this case.

Hello, do you mind quoting your sources? Thanks. Cannabis is a natural expectorant and a natural bronchodilator, it's good for the body. Many asthmatics will smoke a bowl and skip the inhaler.

There's also this...

‘Gold Standard’ Studies Show That Inhaled Marijuana Is Medically Safe And Effective - See more at: blog.norml.org... dpuf

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: toastyr

Hello, do you mind quoting your sources? Thanks. Cannabis is a natural expectorant and a natural bronchodilator, it's good for the body. Many asthmatics will smoke a bowl and skip the inhaler.

There's also this...

‘Gold Standard’ Studies Show That Inhaled Marijuana Is Medically Safe And Effective - See more at: blog.norml.org... dpuf

I was quite the pot head in high school. The resin left behind in the pipe built up quite rapidly. So it's only rational that it would do the same to your lungs. Those asthmatics are idiots by seeking temporary relief at the expense of their long term health. And there is also this from your article.

A separate study conducted by the CMCR established that the vaporization of cannabis – a process that heats the substance to a temperature where active cannabinoid vapors form, but below the point of combustion – is a “safe and effective” delivery mode for patients who desire the rapid onset of action associated with inhalation while avoiding the respiratory risks of smoking.

You seem to have conveniently skipped that part. And the article stated that it provided pain-relieving effects, not a cure, so it pits it right there with any other type of pain reliever.

That said, I would still rather take a all natural pain reliever than something made in a pharmaceutical factory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join