It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Anti-Marijuana Academics Are Paid By Painkiller Drug Companies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jajaja

Whatever. If you say so. I'm still not sure why you are trying to pick doctors out as some sort of bad guys. Like I said, they are just trying to do their jobs, which is to save lives. And they do that with the tools they have available. The enemies are Big Pharm pushing poisons to the doctors in lieu of real testing. Oh and keep in mind, even the healthiest people fall sick to things they cannot cure themselves, so I'd drop the arrogant attitude you have towards taking care of yourself.

I was last at a doctor, 15 years ago, at the very least. I'm not that stupid.

They're welcome to do "their" jobs, if and when I need them, I shall employ them to do me a service. So far, I have not needed their services so I don't employ their time.

edit on 8-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Fine. Do what you have to do. I don't care, just get back on topic.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Fine. Do what you have to do. I don't care, just get back on topic.

You don't care, well, that's where it all begins going down hill, perhaps you should start caring.

You're welcome to be dead at 70 because of fear of being decrepid, perhaps if you started to care and do something, you won't become decrepid at 70.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

google 70 year old bodybuilder, you can be them or you can be, well, something else.

Most of those 70 yo body builders are also taking chems.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

google 70 year old bodybuilder, you can be them or you can be, well, something else.

No they don't.

So, by depending on your doctor, you think you won't be taking chems?

Green tea, obviously a chem (its tea)
Whey protein, obviously a chem (it's dairy)
Oats (carbs), obviously a chem

Well, isn't everything a chem then.

You also don't have to "bodybuild", you can do calisthenics (a form of gymnastics for core strength and balance).

Best athletes are gymnasts IMO.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja

No they don't.

When it comes to prescribing me pain meds I refuse.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja

No they don't.

When it comes to prescribing me pain meds I refuse.

Plenty of ways to reduce pain without pain meds. Alot are studied and found from natural sources, then patented and exploited chemically.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What part of this conversation do you not get that this is off topic? I didn't create this topic to demonize doctors. I created it to point out that there are leading academics who are on big pharm's payroll while saying they are against marijuana legalization. I am trying to bring attention to this conflict of interest. My well being at the age of 70 and your and my opinion on doctors isn't part of the conversation. So unless you have something to say about the topic at hand, then please exit the thread. If this topic is truly held dear to you, then make a thread and maybe I'll come in and continue this conversation, but I don't appreciate you derailing my thread so you can shill your new age diet regiment. This happens to be a topic that -I- hold near and dear, hence why I created the thread.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's too dangerous, risky, and untested, they say

That's classic. Dangerous? A plant that has killed 0 people, is dangerous? These people need a good slap or two upside the head. Look at the average side effects of any given pharmaceutical company drug, then tell me what's "dangerous".

It has been "tested" by many people, for thousands of years. The only risk involved is whether or not big corporations can make money off of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Nothing is more dangerous than something that damages a corporations bottom line. Those things must be purged from society!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The next thing to watch out for is making marijuana a GMO somehow, if it hasn't already been done.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
Actually I did have a teacher that was allergic to the smoke, but she was also allergic to cigarrette smoke. I am not sure what possessed her to try and work at a bad kid's school lol, everyone smoked both. She didn't last too long there, poor lady.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes
Don't really need any GMO, there are already a million and one specific strains already out there. I think all bases are covered already, unfortunately for them

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Not even surprised. Thanks for sharing this.

Same thing is happening with ecigs. Big Pharma is going to lose many billions if smoking related illness is eliminated AND painkiller sales drop. Wow they must be freaking out. Ha ha!

Also, not advocating the use of anything, but inhaling any burning smoke is not the healthiest thing. Whether it's THC or nicotine, consider vaping it.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
The next thing to watch out for is making marijuana a GMO somehow, if it hasn't already been done.

They wouldn't need too it is a weed after all it will grow almost anywhere in any environment except like desert conditions and arctic conditions. If its being grown with hydroponics which is the absolute best and fastest way then all that doesn't really matter anyway it will flourish no GMO needed ever at all.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Typical.

Reminds me of when E-Cigs first started gaining popularity. Firstly the tobacco industry pumped money into anti E-Cig research and campaigns. Now they realise it is too late to stem the tide they are pumping money into BUYING E-Cig companies.

Soon enough it will be the pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol industries themselves pumping money into Cannabis.

This is what I am afraid if most. The very deep pockets of these industries lobbying and manipulating their way into an industry that's been doping just fine without them for thousands of years. Once they figure out how to own the industry, prohibition will end but not a minute sooner.

(post by Hatefelt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Once its legal you can grow your own using a cheap hydroponic setup like an Aerogarden. Although profits are booming in Colorado, there is no need to go and buy any from a store. It can't be legal to use but not to grow...Based on this, thats why its not widely legal IMO. It cannot be controlled like prescription drugs, its easy to grow and cultivate, and requires very little maintenance if you have the right strain....a reply to: TechUnique

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Is any one surprised by this?

Nope. They've had decades and decades to do the research ... but have they? Of course not!!

The guys raking in megabucks in the pharmaceuticals industry didn't want that. They were raking in fortunes ... just by keeping it suppressed. It was the taxpayer footing the bill jailing all those people, paying cops' salaries, tying up the court system, blah-blah, blah-blah, blah-blah. And still, big pharma was getting richer the whole time.

I've only got one word for any aspect of government/corporate stance on this: FAIL

Well I actually think it is worse than this because they HAVE indeed done the research and yet STILL it is illegal... In the UK in 2003... 2003!!! The government did some trials. There was an article, on my phone right now but a paper made an article about it that would bring you to tears! The title was something like "It's official cannabis is a wonder drug" or could be miracle drug...

Anyway bottom line is the tested a wide variety of illnesses and 80% found benefit from it!

Fast forward a little later (not sure the year) again the gov had a study done. It was headed up by professor david nut. The pervue or the study was to better classify drugs. So all drugs were tested, not only cannabis...

The results? Cannabis, ecstacy, lsd (a few more) all less harmful than alcohol and tobacco...

Were there reclassification? Was alcohol/tobacco made illegal and the other legalised? HA Course not! The professor was fired of course! He came back with the wrong answer!

There are various videos and article about this case...

These people are ruthless scum! They know full well the benefits and the low risk, they just couldn't give a damn!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's not just its medical benefits, it's use as a textile, oil, paper, etc is also another conspiracy in itself. There are literally two conspiracies at work keeping this plant illegal.

Exactly!

Not only that but it is a matter of pure oppression.

"You can take these dangerous drugs but not these drugs"
"You can grow these plants but you can't grow these plants"
"You can live in a tent but you must buy your own land"
"You can do anything you want as long as you can afford the licence, insurance and monthly membership fee"

Soon enough it will be more along the lines of;
"You can listen to this music but not this music"
"You can view this website but not this website"
"You can watch BBC but you can't watch RT"

We are fast approaching a time like this. Personal liberty victories such as the legalisation of Cannabis are all baby steps towards regaining our freedom. Platforms like YouTube and Facebook, although abysmal most of the time, are actually great tools for opening the floodgates of information.

That's the problem, we are diverted away from the truth. This is how people have supported the prohibition of Cannabis for so long but times are changing.

I am actually a lot more optimistic about the future than I was a few years ago.

Remind me of what Doug Stanhope has Said ! about this country and in the line of what you posted !

As Always for the Offended that has the ( Leave it to Beaver ) Lifestyle ....

WARNING Graphic Language ! ( Dont watch ) if so called offensive Slang .. is not your Taste in Life aka Leave it to Beaver World is your Style ..

Doug Stanhope - If you teach a man to fish...

edit on 9-9-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join