It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Andean SPACE ODDITY at Vilcabamba Peru

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If those at the AA show could get away with it they would claim this could only have been done by Aliens and modern man couldn't achieve such things with the equipment we have now.

Some things are only a mystery to people because someone somewhere told them it was a mystery and they believed it.
You've research how Mt. Rushmore was achieved, haven't you? Yes you probably have not or you wouldn't have posted it as an example.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JamesTB

This is one of the 3 Plane Corners I've red dotted the center please explain how it is possible to achieve that with a saw?
The architectural term is "inside corner". It is cut with a chisel, not a saw. The surfaces are then cleaned up with any number of grinding techniques.
www.youtube.com...
He used a tungsten carbide tipped chisel and hardened steel mallet. I don't think Home Depot carried them at the time. But inside corner is the correct architectural term

edit on 91050Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

yeah but think about larger sites
if you were only using copper chisels or pounding stones how long would it take?
how much copper would you go through if using copper?
what kind of infrastructure is necessary to supply the necessary copper and or food for the (extremely large) work force?
what kind of infrastructure is necessary to produced enough skilled craftsmen for the fine finishing work?

somethings not right
either they had techniques available to them that we dont now
or the population size and level of infrastructure was far more advanced than is believed (i could see this being the case)
either way it requires societies more advanced than were believed to exist at those points in time
records have been destroyed and rewritten with every change in power to make the conquered look foolish or evil

not hard to imagine ancient peoples being far more adept than the crude superstitious barbarians they have been made out to be

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

yeah but think about larger sites
if you were only using copper chisels or pounding stones how long would it take?
how much copper would you go through if using copper?
what kind of infrastructure is necessary to supply the necessary copper and or food for the (extremely large) work force?
what kind of infrastructure is necessary to produced enough skilled craftsmen for the fine finishing work?

somethings not right
either they had techniques available to them that we dont now
or the population size and level of infrastructure was far more advanced than is believed (i could see this being the case)
either way it requires societies more advanced than were believed to exist at those points in time
records have been destroyed and rewritten with every change in power to make the conquered look foolish or evil

not hard to imagine ancient peoples being far more adept than the crude superstitious barbarians they have been made out to be

Why would you think that they must have used copper. Is it because you can't concieve of any stone working tools other than some type of metal?

Here's a hint - you can chip stone away with stone! You don't even need a harder type of stone if you are patient and have plenty of disposable stone chunks. Of course an experienced stone worker will quickly see the advantage of a harder 'cutting' stone.

How many workers would work a quarry that size? I'd estimate about twenty, but let's assume a large number like 100. The logistics associated with supporting 100 stonemasons would not be excessive for a culture that had few stone buildings.

edit on 26/8/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 26-8-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

If those at the AA show could get away with it they would claim this could only have been done by Aliens and modern man couldn't achieve such things with the equipment we have now.

Some things are only a mystery to people because someone somewhere told them it was a mystery and they believed it.
You've research how Mt. Rushmore was achieved, haven't you? Yes you probably have not or you wouldn't have posted it as an example.

I am not really sure what you are trying to say. As far as research well I have been there and took the tour I think I have a firm grasp on how Mt Rushmore was carved.

I have to ask, are you in any way implying that you believe that patriotic ET's are responsible for carving the presidents faces into Rushmore??? If so please do go into detail why you believe that.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I am not really sure what you are trying to say. As far as research well I have been there and took the tour I think I have a firm grasp on how Mt Rushmore was carved.

I have to ask, are you in any way implying that you believe that patriotic ET's are responsible for carving the presidents faces into Rushmore??? If so please do go into detail why you believe that.
LOL no ETs carved it, but guys with pneumatic chipping hammers did, which probably made 1200 - 1500 chipping blows per minute at about 75 foot pounds of force per second. (guestimate for equipment of the time) Imagine having to do that by hand.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Let me be a little OT. Why is suddenly so many folks posting links instead of images like this? Ok, I know it's easier than upload it first. I think it'd be awesome to be able to use visible links in BBCode like on many other forums.
It takes a lotta energy and patience to deny cookies for every image on postimg.org because they have so many servers.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

LOL no ETs carved it, but guys with pneumatic chipping hammers did, which probably made 1200 - 1500 chipping blows per minute at about 75 foot pounds of force per second. (guestimate for equipment of the time) Imagine having to do that by hand.

OK well that is in line with my understanding of how it was done.

So why did ou make such a peculiar post in reply to me when I said if AA could get away with it they would claim ETs did it.

Did you not understand what I was saying? Why the back handed remark about my knowledge on how Rushmore was carved?

edit on 26-8-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Since nobody really knows, here's my best guess. This site looks to me as if it were started, and then abandoned for some reason, say perhaps a mistake was made. It also has put me in mind of being an apprentice learning site(maybe after the site was 'ruined'), where stone masons of their day would be taught and skills could be mastered. None of us were there, and no record exist so any guess is as good as another, but that's what I'm inclined to imagine.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

To say that it couldn't be done or that we would have trouble doing the same thing with modern equipment is nothing but ignorant

Agreed, unfortunately there is a lot of that going around here. People shooting their mouths off with "fact" that is based on ignorance.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Because of the stone walls in evidence (which are not necessarily matching the date of the stonework) it makes me wonder if perhaps there was a roof over the area. Perhaps some kind of religious or ceremonial features?

There is no telling what else was present that may have been taken away to build other structures long gone.

Great find! I love stuff like this..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

OK well that is in line with my understanding of how it was done.

So why did ou make such a peculiar post in reply to me when I said if AA could get away with it they would claim ETs did it.

Did you not understand what I was saying? Why the back handed remark about my knowledge on how Rushmore was carved?

Well I thought your post, at the very least, was meant to diminish the accomplishment of those who constructed the site in the OP. They didn't have chipping hammers or other modern technologies - so we've been told
So how on earth did they do it? Such clean, refined lines and such close tolerances.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

No..my statement was ment to deminish the claims that AA makes about such sites because they have been busted time an time again making false claims, leaving out information so that people would believe it is all a mystery unless we were to believe their stance that aliens mustuve done it.

Some mysteries are only mysteries to the people who believe the ones telling them they are mysteries.

My post wasn't a reference in anyway to those who built the ruins but to those who would have you believe it was beyond mans capability.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wazar

We refer to him as "hair guy" lol

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

IF you accept AA's explanations, they would have us all believe that ancient man was still an orangutan and capable of nothing beyond the most rudimentary of works. So we needed the aliens to do the major works for us.

It stands to reason that as civilizations rise and fall so would their capabilities. There was no central form of communication between civilizations. Passing knowledge along was also rudimentary, skills were often passed along via craftsmen/apprentices. There were no "how to" books back then.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Grimpachi

IF you accept AA's explanations, they would have us all believe that ancient man was still an orangutan and capable of nothing beyond the most rudimentary of works. So we needed the aliens to do the major works for us.

It stands to reason that as civilizations rise and fall so would their capabilities. There was no central form of communication between civilizations. Passing knowledge along was also rudimentary, skills were often passed along via craftsmen/apprentices. There were no "how to" books back then.

There's really some conflicting ideas in your post. On one hand we're to believe they had produced "superior work" with hand chisels and hammers that are difficult to produce today utilizing advanced machinery and techniques, and on the other hand they weren't sophisticated enough to document how they they were able to achieve such magnificence in craftsmanship because their means of doing so was "rudimentary". Now there's a conundrum. Something here really doesn't fit.

Edit: I'll add they didn't also achieve magnificence in craftsmanship, they achieved brilliance in physics and design with accuracy that can only barely be matched by GPS and satellite positioning.
edit on 20150Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Do you know people were borne into trades and skills were passed from father to son. It was probably more like Hindu culture where at birth it was already predetermined what you were going to be doing. They may not have written it down but the craft was passed through the families which meant any number of things such as famine or disease wiped out all that knowledge from one culture to the next.

It is a hard concept for us to imagine with i pads and colleges at our disposal.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm new to this but after visiting several ruins this occurred to me:

What you are looking at is very possibly
A foundation to a home or structure. That which was erected around it has since disintegrated.

Sorry to be a buzzkill
edit on 27-8-2014 by Dubiousone67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So..Michelangelo learned his art from a book?

Those who built Greek architecture learned from a book? What about the Romans and their works...also learned from books? Or did they learn via the craftsman and apprentice model?

Even as late as the Founding of the US the main method for passing along crafts was via the craftsmen and apprentice method. Look at Paul Revere...he learned his silver craft via apprenticeship. Or was it a book? lol

What brilliance in Physics are you referring to? What works of design with accuracy that can ONLY be matched by GPS are you talking about? (You will probably remind me of something I have read about before...my memory is not what it used to be so my questions are genuine and not facetious challenges)

I know the relationships of the pyramids with Syrius, but I am not convinced that relationship can only be achieved with GPS...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join